John Terry Trial begins

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby eds » Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:16 am

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/columns/st ... on?cc=3436

Absoulately sickening!  :veryangry

Gutter journalism at its worst.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby Greavesie » Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:37 pm

All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby eds » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:24 pm

And the rubbish continues, yes Avram lets just let him off because you think he is a "good man"   :no

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story ... al?cc=3436
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby Kharhaz » Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:10 am

eds » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:24 pm wrote:And the rubbish continues, yes Avram lets just let him off because you think he is a "good man"   :no

What he is saying is, nobody thinks John Terry is racist, but everybody thinks Suarez is.

John Terry is holding the argument that he was cleared in court, so he shouldnt have to answer himself. He was cleared in court because it couldnt be proved whether or not he said "you black b*stard" or something else before "black b*stard". We all know what he said, but pathetic little technicalities like that make all the difference in court.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:01 pm

eds » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:24 pm wrote:And the rubbish continues, yes Avram lets just let him off because you think he is a "good man"   :no

How about this for journalism eds? http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-2207528/John-Terry-quit-England-captain-FA-guilty--Martin-Samuel.html
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:04 pm

Come on lads, we all know deep down that Terry is a saint with a halo above his head. He never meant to sleep with his ex-teammate's wife (it was an accident), his leg weight by mistake knee Sanchez in the back and you know it was one of those heat of the moment type when he accidentally racially abused Ferdinand. For crying out loud! He has a picture with black kids, come on he is sensitive!!
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:26 pm

Doubt now as to whether John Terry actually meant his retirement statement. He was apparently just repeating what he heard someone else say in a sarcastic tone.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Boxscarf » Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:11 pm

He's been cleared in a court, so to me he is innocent and this yet another hatchet job by the FA.
Boxscarf

Postby stmichael » Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:28 pm

Boxscarf » Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:11 pm wrote:He's been cleared in a court, so to me he is innocent and this yet another hatchet job by the FA.

He'll still get charged. The FA have their own rules about abusive langauge/references to race and there's a lower burden of proof required. Basically, they can do what they want.

Him being found not guilty in court is irrelevant.  He has breached FA rules by using that language on the field of play, regardless of context or mitigating circumstances, that's why he has been charged and that's why he'll more than likely be punished.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Boxscarf » Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:32 pm

Right, well if they do find him guilty then he should get a £40,000 fine and an 8 match ban.
Boxscarf

Postby Greavesie » Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:52 am

stmichael » Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:28 pm wrote:
Boxscarf » Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:11 pm wrote:He's been cleared in a court, so to me he is innocent and this yet another hatchet job by the FA.

He'll still get charged. The FA have their own rules about abusive langauge/references to race and there's a lower burden of proof required. Basically, they can do what they want.

Him being found not guilty in court is irrelevant.  He has breached FA rules by using that language on the field of play, regardless of context or mitigating circumstances, that's why he has been charged and that's why he'll more than likely be punished.

Exactly, no way would Suarez have been found guilty in a court of law, the FA have different standards which hopefully they'll stick to with Terry

YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Kharhaz » Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:19 am

The FA have to punish John Terry the same way they punished Luis Suarez. Suarez was punished because he said negrito, implying the colour of Evras skin. Terry HAS to be charged. I wouldnt be surprised though if he walked away with no punishment.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gerrard30391 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:30 pm

Haha....as if we didnt see that coming. Major lack of consistency there from the FA.

"The Football Association have confirmed that John Terry has been banned for four games following his disciplinary hearing.

More to follow..." Sky Sports.
"I certainly wouldn't say I'm the best manager in the business, but I'm in the top one."
Gerrard30391
LFC Super Member

Postby jacdaniel » Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:37 pm

Losing faith with football in general these days.  Will the papers print stories about Terry being a racist?  Doubt it.
Will other fans chant "You know what you are" at him?  Doubt it
Will it all disappear really quickly?  of course it will.

Suarez was stitched up and had his reputation destroyed in this country. 
Its disgusting that only a few of us can see this.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby Greavesie » Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:42 pm

so Terry using an English term of which there can be no debate with regards to it's connotations or meaning and gets half the punishment. Lovely, how very predictable from the FA

utter f*cking sham

YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

PreviousNext

Return to Premiership - General Discussion