Reality check - The team so far

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby kindaconfused » Wed Oct 20, 2004 9:09 am

Reality Check

While I realise we all want success for our team we need to be realistic as to where we are presently in terms of development and what we need to do for the future.

Some of us seem to be hanging are hat on Baros and Cisse coming good. Now there’s nothing wrong in that except that Baros has only shown true form while playing in the Europeans. Upon his return from those games his form has dropped considerably. Now this tells me the games in England are more tightly marked and he is struggling.

Cisse so far is a real lightweight and seems to panic when he gets the ball. Not sure what style he plays cos he’s never shown much so far. He does seem to panic when he gets the ball and rushes off with it and speed, comes across a defender and then runs into him trying to claim the foul, head up then he feels job done.

Recently Ferguson has been critical of himself for too many changes in the team, then what is Raf doing. Its all very well giving players a chance but do we have to do so many and do we need to play them in positions even I know is a wild card choice, Dioau and Riise spring immediately to mind.

Some members mention mid league position as a possibility and then there is criticism for lack of loyalty and some members see a top slot as a possibility. But to do this we need to be scoring goals with trusted forwards so the stats so far tell us this aint gonna happen.

Isn’t it time we put the dreams aside for a while and start viewing whats actually going on rather than dreaming what we see is better than it actually is. Its goals we need and now, Baros has had his chance, Cisse doesn’t look the part and Kewell has lost his touch, come January we need a quality proven striker so lets not kid ourselves anymore!
Bribery in football helps oil the wheels, the managers take it and the fans pay for it!
Kindaconfuzed and Biffa are not allowed to post.
Biffa is me mate!
Free Dom in the Forum
kindaconfused
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion