LIVERPOOL VS. TOTTENHAM - 15 May 2011, KO: 16:00

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby PabloMedina28 » Sun May 15, 2011 6:01 pm

Calm down lads most of you didnt want to get in europa. We still have a game to play no reason to see why its out of the window and if it is aslong as we spend in the summer (which we will ) we will finsih higher. Spurs need the CL money to counter there massive spending since droppy came in, Europa will not be enough, they will still have to sell to buy.

Regarding the match Webbs a :censored:, i said Flanno needs to stop rushing in to tackles and its finally cost us so hopefully he'll learn from it. Shelvey came on for Spearing and looked much better even though he gave the ball away afew time (cant understand why he didnt start) Carroll neds games, Suarez was poor as were most. But at the end of the day you cant really be to down,  Next season will be brilliant and Kenny is at the helm.

Happy Days YNWA :blues:
PabloMedina28
LFC Super Member

Postby Santa » Sun May 15, 2011 6:03 pm

Don't want to blame Webb we all know he's bias...but that should never be a penalty...a 50/50 shoulder charge and Pienear took a tumble and f'kin Webb don't look for 2nd invite to point to the spot. Anyone here think that accommodating Carroll took the cutting edge off our playing style?
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Sun May 15, 2011 6:06 pm

hey come on lad, it was not that long ago it looked like we might have a fight on our hands not to be in the bottom 3, i am happy right now to be unhappy that not getting the 5th spot and not talking about going down with west ham day. :p
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Sun May 15, 2011 6:07 pm

from relegation candidates to actively choosing not to play in the EL :;):

good season - well, the second half anyway
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby RedSi35 » Sun May 15, 2011 6:07 pm

Alex88 wrote:HOLY SH!T.

Holy holy sh!t.

Lets not over react eh.

We were poor, we lost............simples, cant expect to keep that same momentum 100% of the time.

6th place a blessing i think, european football wont hit our transfers, our history and golden future will do maintain our good form in the transfer market.

Roll on villa :)

Roll on next season
RedSi35
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sun May 15, 2011 6:08 pm

Yeh whatever, lets just tonk aston villa
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby crim cram » Sun May 15, 2011 6:18 pm

played sh!te, Suarez change your boots, never a penalty, investment in the summer.
“Me having no education. I had to use my brains.”  Shankly
crim cram
LFC Super Member

Postby alwayslfc » Sun May 15, 2011 6:20 pm

Spurs were just too good for Liverpool today and we only just started to play real football after they scored the pen. One thing I've noticed about Liverpool is that we are quite physical and our players get yellow carded in almost every game I've watched since January and give away too many pens.

This game proves that the current players we have in the squad Flanagan, Lucas, Spearing, Maxi need to be replaced, I'm not saying they're no good but they are not going to win us the PL. We need 2 good wing players and 2 good playmakers.

I can't wait for this season to be over and let Kenny rebuild the team in the summer. Next season, let's aim for top 4 finish first and if we can make it, then let's talk about winning the league. Those who think we're going to win the league next season are living in wonderland. Let's get real first.
alwayslfc

Postby metalhead » Sun May 15, 2011 6:22 pm

alwayslfc wrote:This game proves that the current players we have in the squad Flanagan, Lucas, Spearing, Maxi need to be replaced, I

I would understand were your coming from....but Flanagan? he is 18 years old FFS
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby burjennio » Sun May 15, 2011 6:24 pm

Santa wrote:Don't want to blame Webb we all know he's bias...but that should never be a penalty...a 50/50 shoulder charge and Pienear took a tumble and f'kin Webb don't look for 2nd invite to point to the spot. Anyone here think that accommodating Carroll took the cutting edge off our playing style?

Hugely. To accomodate the big man meant the ball was played long in the air and big guys like Dawson and King thrive in that kind of game. Get the ball wide and look to cross where you can get Carroll a run to attack the ball then he'll be effective but we didnt have the craft to exploit either flank and Kaboul and Rose will be on the team bus right now in shock at how easy a game they had.

Of course even with such a terrible performance it took a deflection and a ridiculous piece of officiating to give Spurs the win. Cheers yet again Webb you  Ferguson puppet  :veryangry
burjennio

Postby red_guy » Sun May 15, 2011 6:24 pm

Santa wrote:Anyone here think that accommodating Carroll took the cutting edge off our playing style?

Yup. We can't use carroll without pacey wingers / wide players. Something we need to get during  this summer transfers. As for ourplaying style, I think if raul's available, we might play better. With him replacing carroll of course.
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly
red_guy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Sun May 15, 2011 6:25 pm

Santa wrote:Don't want to blame Webb we all know he's bias...but that should never be a penalty...a 50/50 shoulder charge and Pienear took a tumble and f'kin Webb don't look for 2nd invite to point to the spot. Anyone here think that accommodating Carroll took the cutting edge off our playing style?

Starting to worry about him.  We don't play him and we smack the sh!te out of everybody.  He's back in the team and we have our worst performance in quite some time.  I'm not saying he's not a good player because he is, but it seems like we just don't accommodate properly.  Commentators kept saying we were missing Meireles and I don't buy that for a minute.  Meireles has not played well at all during this hot streak we've had.  Been one of the worst on the pitch if I'm honest.

Sucks we didn't qualify for EL, but what's done is done.  I easily get mad at refs when the feck us, but webb is just a whole different story.  We didn't create anything until the last 10 minutes, but spurs really didn't either... VDV's goal was a lucky deflection and the pen was not a pen, so what did they have over us?  Still, it was a bad performance.

I'm not gonna sit here and say, oh we got some work to do! because we play sh!t once...  We had an off day- simple as that.  We were playing bad and webb wasn't helping our case, luck was definitely not on our side and sometimes that's how things go.

Michael Dawson MOTM by the way.  He got Suarez that yellow with one of the most atrocious dives I've ever seen in my life, and I lost a lot of respect for that, but he was solid as a fecking rock in the back there.  He's the reason we couldn't get anything as he was the only one getting in the way and making all the clearances.

Let's pick it up against villa and end the season on a high.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby Greavesie » Sun May 15, 2011 6:25 pm

metalhead wrote:
alwayslfc wrote:This game proves that the current players we have in the squad Flanagan, Lucas, Spearing, Maxi need to be replaced, I

I would understand were your coming from....but Flanagan? he is 18 years old FFS

you use this one game to slate Lucas  :no

I agree with MH, we've had a really good run of results lately. No way I'm slating any of them lads, no way. Some aren't good enough I agree but they've all been great for us lately
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby metalhead » Sun May 15, 2011 6:28 pm

burjennio wrote:Hugely. To accomodate the big man meant the ball was played long in the air and big guys like Dawson and King thrive in that kind of game. Get the ball wide and look to cross where you can get Carroll a run to attack the ball then he'll be effective but we didnt have the craft to exploit either flank and Kaboul and Rose will be on the team bus right now in shock at how easy a game they had.

Of course even with such a terrible performance it took a deflection and a ridiculous piece of officiating to give Spurs the win. Cheers yet again Webb you  Ferguson puppet  :veryangry

We don't have effective wingers for that unfortunately, so that is why its affecting our game right now. Ashley Young would be a perfect player for Andy Carroll I think.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Sun May 15, 2011 6:31 pm

meh , can't wait for next season . It's gonna be boss, we had an off day so what. HOWARD WEBB IS A BALDY MANC C.UNT FACT.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games