Who's your favourite all time player

Liverpool Football Club - The Players Lounge

Postby pur3 rav3r » Mon May 01, 2006 8:13 pm

it has to be eusebio for those of u who dont no who he is he was a great player back in the 60's who scored 727 goals in 715 games. he was a great player up with the likes pele. he would bring spirt to his team mates and could make goals out of nothing. he could score from almost anywere on the pitch. he was also a very kind player on and off the pitch in the 1966 world cup semis we played against him and he had a great shot in the last minute wat would of put us out but the keeper managed to save it and eusebio went straight up to him and patted him on the back and gave him his congrats while the game was still going. he was very skillful he could make many players look stupid and i dont think any1 now or then could hit the ball as well as he could. he won a lot of titals with benfica. as a child he did not hav the stuff we hav as a kid he had to play with a ball of socks as he lived in a poor village and i find it amazing that some1 with a upbringing like that can go on to be 1 of if not the greatest player to ever been seen on this earth. he is a real legend and a player that shows it dont matter were u come from or how poor u r u can still achive ur dreams. :bowdown
R.I.P to the 96 that lost there lives on 15th of april 1989
"YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE"
pur3 rav3r
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby duk » Sat May 20, 2006 2:48 pm

Easily...
Owen!!
he must return to us soon
duk

Postby 73-1141222089 » Sat May 20, 2006 5:16 pm

LFC..... Dalglish 1st with Gerrard a close second....... also loved Heighway, jimmy case, hansen, rush , barnes and whelan...

Non LFC..... Franco Baresi, Gaetano Scirea, Matthias Sammer and Lothar Matthaus......

You guessed it, nothing like an intelligent central defender/midfielder for me....... joy to behold...

:bowdown
73-1141222089

Postby account deleted by request » Sat May 20, 2006 5:33 pm

You guessed it, nothing like an intelligent central defender/midfielder for me

What about Franz Beckenbauer der Kaiser was immense.
My favourite Liverpool player Ian Stjohn maybe wasnt the best player ever to pull on a red shirt but always gave 100% even in a team that was slowly growing old together. He scored in the first cup final I ever watched (TV) against Leeds and again on my first visit to Anfield against the Mancs in 1968.
account deleted by request

Postby 73-1141222089 » Sat May 20, 2006 5:50 pm

s@int wrote:
You guessed it, nothing like an intelligent central defender/midfielder for me

What about Franz Beckenbauer der Kaiser was immense.
My favourite Liverpool player Ian Stjohn maybe wasnt the best player ever to pull on a red shirt but always gave 100% even in a team that was slowly growing old together. He scored in the first cup final I ever watched (TV) against Leeds and again on my first visit to Anfield against the Mancs in 1968.

Yup..... he was one hell of a player too..... Ultimate respect for his abilities but there was something bout him that I just couldn't warm too.... an aloofness I found a little disturbing.....
73-1141222089

Postby Reg » Sun May 21, 2006 7:17 pm

Souness.

The whole team could push forward - even those who shouldnt, and stretch defenses knowing the Souness dominated midfield. It gave Kenny, Rushie, Barnes etc.. so many more options. And what a passer. Pure magic.

The stats speak for themselves; five League Championships, three European Cups, four League Cups and 1 FA Cup during seven eventful seasons at Anfield. 56 goals in 356 appearences.

Last edited by Reg on Sun May 21, 2006 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scouser4life » Sun May 21, 2006 8:27 pm

KING KENNY DALGLISH
ALL ROUND THE FIELDS OF ANFIELD ROAD!!!!!!
Scouser4life

Postby Reg » Sun May 21, 2006 9:51 pm

Kenny fed off Souness's through balls ........ :rasp   LOL!!
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Fri Jun 02, 2006 3:06 pm

Reg wrote:Souness.

The whole team could push forward - even those who shouldnt, and stretch defenses knowing the Souness dominated midfield. It gave Kenny, Rushie, Barnes etc.. so many more options. And what a passer. Pure magic.

The stats speak for themselves; five League Championships, three European Cups, four League Cups and 1 FA Cup during seven eventful seasons at Anfield. 56 goals in 356 appearences.

Souness held the midfield for Barnes? exactly how many years did he hold it for :p

LFC - John Aldridge. Just seemed to love playing at Anfield more than any other player, probably because he had to wait until fairly late in his career to play for the club he loves.

Ever - Maradona is the best player ever. At his pique I don't think Pele or anyone since then comes close (pity di Stefano is only in those grainy black and white TVs)
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ConnO'var » Fri Jun 02, 2006 3:08 pm

Dalglish. No doubt. But Gerrard's fast climbing the charts  :D
ConnO'var

Postby CasLiverpool » Sun Jun 04, 2006 4:19 pm

My favourite player of Liverpool all time is Steven Gerrard of course. Everything of him is fantastic. He's the best midfielder of the world I mean.
Come on Liverpool! We will Rock You!
CasLiverpool

Postby henrytb » Wed Jun 14, 2006 6:49 pm

Used to like Michael Owen cos he and Beckham were really popular over here. But now I like Lampard.
henrytb

Postby BOODIDDY » Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:14 pm

i was a rushie fan as a kid. I also loved molby. But its gotta be rushie.

These are too hard to do cos i now think that gerrard will become my favourite of all time.
BOODIDDY
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby BOODIDDY » Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:17 pm

when the :censored: did souness hold midfield for barnes.

Wrong eras Reg. Are you a fan or just a post 25th of may follower.
BOODIDDY
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby chris4069 » Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:02 pm

I love Stevie but I like much Alonso Sissoko Deco Juninho Diarra
chris4069

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - The Players Lounge