Robbie Fowler everytime for me.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 48-1119859832 » Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:01 am

Ferenc Puskas.
48-1119859832

Postby red pride » Sun Mar 12, 2006 4:27 am

liverpool player its rush but all time great i loved watching romario wish we had them both at about 25 years old in the team now
red pride

Postby Reinas No.1 Fan » Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:18 am

Erik Miejer

"Mad as a hatter"

:p :D :p
Liverpool FC
Reinas No.1 Fan
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Trewyn » Mon Mar 13, 2006 4:19 pm

For Liverpool, Ian Rush... with the lack of goals currently, you start to really  appreciate all the goals he scored once upon a time.
John Barnes, damn slick midfielder. he has a very smooth playing style, sort of like Zidane.

Greatest player ever has to be Maradona. I know most of you guys who read the forum are English but credit should be given where credit is due :;):
Trewyn

Postby azriahmad » Fri Mar 17, 2006 8:29 am

Drummerphil, looks like most of the forum members here did not have memories of Dalglish, Souness, Hansen, David Johnson, going further, Keegan, Toshack, Heighway etc. simply because they were probably not born yet then! Too bad, they missed a lot because we were so dominant then, both at home and in Europe.

Most memories on Souness were tainted by his managerial tenure and him selling his story to The Sun. Goos as Gerrard is, he still have some tactical learning to do if he were to be as accomplished a player as Graeme Souness was. It is a pity that such a great player like him turned out to be such a bad manager, especially at Liverpool.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Ace1983 » Fri Mar 17, 2006 10:14 pm

I can't pick between Stevie McManaman and Ronaldo. I even started following Real when Stevie left us. I'd never seen anyone with the ability to take on defences like him, charging, weaving and always a threat. And there is no one quite like Big Ron.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby madred » Sun Mar 19, 2006 5:02 pm

King Kenny. The man had eyes in the back of his head. Doubt i'll ever see anyone else play for Liverpool in the same class. Next i'd go for John Barnes. Those two were worth the entrance fee alone.
madred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby AwiLas » Fri Mar 31, 2006 7:04 am

Hmm.. To be an all time favourite, one must be very unique in some ways.. Although, Stevie G is my all time favourite, I must say that Eric Cantona, Neil Ruddock, Pippo and even Kevin Phillips(in his Reg Vardy shirt), caught my eyes..Ahakz.. Cheers...
AwiLas

Postby matt_is_hot8 » Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:21 am

[B]

My favourite all time players (I have two even) is Michael Owen and Steven Gerrard. People may think just cause i support Liverpool that i choose them. No, the reason why i choose these two magnificent footballers is simply that, they are magnificent footballers. Michael Owen is a pacy, on-target, strike rate footballer that can place the ball where he wants in the net. He is a vital player definitely for the England squad because he hides for a good example behind Peter Crouch a couple of times and the defenders are so concentrated on stopping Peter Crouch from scoring with his tall lanky structure that Michael Owen is left unmarked like that Argentina game where he came from the back post to head in the winner. He is a poacher and a great striker. His best feature is the rebounds where he follows up shots from his teammates such as Frank Lampard and Steven Gerrard and taps it in from close range. The reason why i choose Steven Gerrard equal is that he is an all round player. People say that Frank Lampard is better than Steven Gerrard cause he can score goals, but in my opinion and I'm sure a lot will agree with me that Steven Gerrard is better because he can defend which Frank Lampard can't, he can tackle which Frank Lampard can't, he can Attack, header and can score goals! Which Frank Lampard can do but not as well as Steven Gerrard. That's why i choose these two magnificent players and I will keep supporting them forever as I have since I was 2 years old. Thanks
matt_is_hot8

Postby livercadista » Sat Apr 01, 2006 1:07 pm

my favourite liverpool player is Gerrard.
and i admire others players: Henry, Aimar...
livercadista

Postby Crouchamania » Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:14 am

gerrard has always been my fave player even b4 he was captain and is twice the player fat frank is but the likes of barnes dalglish rush fowler carra traore(just kidding) are all top class but stevie is just in a world of his own
RIP Drummerphil YNWA

JFT96 Don't buy The S*n

Crouchamania

Postby Rafafan » Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:47 pm

It would have to be Rushie if i only had to pick one!
A good question which is hard to answer!
Rafa = The good times are back!
Rafafan

Postby account deleted by request » Mon May 01, 2006 10:44 am

for me it would have to be ian stjohn - not only was he a very brave talented footballer but the effort and workrate was incredible. he was also one of the few players i have seen who played just as well away from home as at anfield.
           i know we have had players with more skill barnes,king kenny, keegan etc but for alround effort, skill and teamwork its got to be ian stjohn
account deleted by request

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - The Players Lounge