Who's your favourite all time player

Liverpool Football Club - The Players Lounge

Postby Red squirrel » Thu Nov 10, 2005 7:36 pm

Just to get some different veiws flying around i'd like to know who you have enjoyed the most at Anfield through the years gone by.

Theres so many to choose from but for me i would have to say John Barnes when he was at his best in 88.
Astounding dribbling skills the likes i havent seen at Anfield for a long time. I remember watching him at the match thinking whats he gonna do next and seeing Defences sh.iting themselves at the devine skills the guy had.
PURE MAGIC!!!
Red squirrel

Postby hawkmoon269 » Thu Nov 10, 2005 7:48 pm

Nick Jarvis - didn't play for Liverpool, but still the best!
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Nov 10, 2005 8:11 pm

jean michel ferri
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby 25 maggio 2005 » Thu Nov 10, 2005 8:14 pm

giuseppe meazza: he play in inter for many years and went to milan at the last year.
the name of s.siro, the stadio of milan, is his name: giuseppe meazza: the best
inter 2006: julio cesar-j.zanetti-samuel-cordoba-materazzi-figo-maicon-cambiasso-stankovic-crespo-ibrahimovi
c coach_r.mancini

inter 1964: sarti-burnic-facchetti-bedin-guarnieri-picchi-jair-domenghini-mazzola-suarez-corso coach_h.hellera

the legend can't die!!!
25 maggio 2005

Postby Red squirrel » Thu Nov 10, 2005 8:30 pm

stmichael wrote:jean michel ferri

Trust you guys to take the pis.s   :angry:
Red squirrel

Postby zarababe » Thu Nov 10, 2005 9:29 pm

Red squirrel wrote:Just to get some different veiws flying around i'd like to know who you have enjoyed the most at Anfield through the years gone by.

Theres so many to choose from but for me i would have to say John Barnes when he was at his best in 88.
Astounding dribbling skills the likes i havent seen at Anfield for a long time. I remember watching him at the match thinking whats he gonna do next and seeing Defences sh.iting themselves at the devine skills the guy had.
PURE MAGIC!!!

The Barnes, Beardesly, Houghton, Aldridge, Dalglish (real one), Rush, Nicol, Hansen and Lawerenson team was awesome.. certainly provides me with grt memories, flowing football, certs to win everyting.. wiping away teams..  :blush: they were grt days
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mitch22 » Thu Nov 10, 2005 10:06 pm

for my age id go with who i saw growing up and thats Fowler. When he first hit the seen he was untouchable. Me dad used to put a £5 bet on every game fowler first goal and it was nearly always a winner.
Liverpool are magic Everton are ..... :censored:
mitch22

Postby Lionheart » Fri Nov 11, 2005 2:08 am

Simply for the fact that I played all my junior football with this guy (my claim to fame LOL)...I would have to say that it was a case of local lad comes good. I loved watching Craig Johnston...his celebrations were awesome. How high did the guy get when he scored in the F.A. Cup final against Everton (too many years ago now)

He was a Kop favourite too I believe.

:D

[url=http://www.ggarmy.com/files/PIMBSLQY1J/WorldCupHeroes1.jpg[/img]http://www.ggarmy.com/files/PIMBSLQY1J/WorldCupHeroes1.jpg[/img[/url]
Lionheart
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolFan00 » Thu Nov 17, 2005 4:13 pm

I would have to say Fowler simply because he was the best i saw playing. I never saw Daglish of Keegan or the likes. Robbie made a huge impact when he came on the scene and scored 30+ goals in each of his first three seasons. THe best natural finisher i have seen at Liverpool. Rush would come a close second. I know i am leaving out a lot of great players but i am just going with who i grew up watching
Some people think football is a matter of life or death but it's far more important than that. - Bill Shankley

A Well Balanced Soccer Player Has A Beer In Each Hand!
LiverpoolFan00
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:20 am

Kenny Dalglish, without a doubt.

There are many great players we had, some very unsung. The most unsung one must be Ronnie Whelan, who is like Didi Hamann and Xabi Alonso rolled into one. When he started at Liverpool, he played at left midfield but was right footed, scores important goals and made the then Milk Cup Finals(League Cup) his own (scored a few) and at towards the end of his Liverpool days, played as the holding midfielder with such aplomb.

John Barnes described Whelan as "a very intelligent player" who anticipates so well that he seemed to do his job with minimal effort.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Mikz » Tue Nov 29, 2005 1:02 pm

Dalglish for me -His style was what i really admire in a player,always seemed as if hed plenty of time and altho not a man of great pace -he was ultra sharp in the box. A rocket shot,left foot right foot,football brain and defenders used to bounce off him he was so strong. The pressure of replacing keegan never bothered him.
John Barnes would be my second, he seemed super human at times , the ease he beat defenders,the spectecular goals ,this man was worth the admission fee alone. :nod
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ozzie1000 » Tue Nov 29, 2005 4:05 pm

i would have to say Fowler,he gave it his all at the club and when he left it was all down hill, goes to show how dedicated he was to us
ozzie1000

Postby AlanHansen » Tue Nov 29, 2005 4:38 pm

Guess who?

I liked Daglish, Barnes, Rushie as well but Hansen was a hell of a player - if you watch a lot of the games back then he used to start a lot of the moves with runs out of the defence and a good pass.
AlanHansen

Postby H_K_LFC » Tue Nov 29, 2005 11:37 pm

Carragher
H_K_LFC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red squirrel » Wed Nov 30, 2005 12:06 am

azriahmad wrote:Kenny Dalglish, without a doubt.

There are many great players we had, some very unsung. The most unsung one must be Ronnie Whelan, who is like Didi Hamann and Xabi Alonso rolled into one. When he started at Liverpool, he played at left midfield but was right footed, scores important goals and made the then Milk Cup Finals(League Cup) his own (scored a few) and at towards the end of his Liverpool days, played as the holding midfielder with such aplomb.

John Barnes described Whelan as "a very intelligent player" who anticipates so well that he seemed to do his job with minimal effort.

Yeah Ronnie Whelan was a fantastic player and Stevie Nicol as well....Lets face it they were all class from that era!!
That team will allways stay with me forever..
"Dalgleish,Dalgleish,Dalgleish"!!!! Wonderfull!!!!
Red squirrel

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - The Players Lounge