Who's your favourite all time player

Liverpool Football Club - The Players Lounge

Postby Benny The Noon » Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:52 pm

Simple answer = King Kenny.

No one comes close
Benny The Noon

Postby Ben Patrick » Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:58 pm

Robbie and Stevie G for me as wasnt lucky enough to see Kenny until he was player manager.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby Benny The Noon » Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:03 pm

Ben Patrick » Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:58 pm wrote:Robbie and Stevie G for me as wasnt lucky enough to see Kenny until he was player manager.

He was just untouchable - in a team of stars he stood out amongst them all.

Robbie was an unbelievable finisher - best I have seen

Gerrard - wonderful memories of the guy and outstanding player but he has tainted my memory of him a few times.
Benny The Noon

Postby Ben Patrick » Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:57 pm

Benny The Noon » Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:03 pm wrote:
Ben Patrick » Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:58 pm wrote:Robbie and Stevie G for me as wasnt lucky enough to see Kenny until he was player manager.

Robbie was an unbelievable finisher - best I have seen

Gerrard - wonderful memories of the guy and outstanding player but he has tainted my memory of him a few times.

I've obviously seen loads of footage of Kenny but never a full game, just clips of goals and highlights and stuff.

Fowler broke through just as i started going that match and was the best finisher i have seen.
Left right ir head the end product was always the same.

Stevie has obviously at times almost single handlely carried us along over the last decade or so.
Ben Patrick

Postby Benny The Noon » Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:05 pm

It's such a shame about Fowlers knee going because he would of been lots better. Was gutted when GH let him go to Leeds.

Gerrard has definatly carried us lots but those two transfers to Chelsea and being a bit too selfish on the pitch just sour it a little for me - but no doubt one of our best ever
Benny The Noon

Postby Ben Patrick » Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:14 pm

Benny The Noon » Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:05 pm wrote:It's such a shame about Fowlers knee going because he would of been lots better. Was gutted when GH let him go to Leeds.

Gerrard has definatly carried us lots but those two transfers to Chelsea and being a bit too selfish on the pitch just sour it a little for me - but no doubt one of our best ever

I was gutted to see Robbie go but at the time it was probably good business.

I know what you mean about the Chelsea thing but for me he showed alot staying.
They were paying whatever players wanted and signing all sorts of top players at the time.

It hurt when he nearly went but the main thing for me is he didnt go in the end.
Ben Patrick

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:18 pm

Benny The Noon » Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:03 pm wrote:

[quote]

kenny was brilliant but after about 1980 i dont even think he was the best player in the team, i thought it was graeme souness.
if we had a massive season defining game coming up he was the one player you didnt want to be injured.
he was just the epitome of a midfield general, passed the ball like xabi alonso but was also the hardest most ruthless ******* who ever laced a pair of boots up.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby laza » Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:32 pm

[quote="[url=http://www.liverpoolfc-newkit.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=1174991#p1174991]ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:18 pm
most ruthless ******* who ever laced a pair of boots up.[/quote]

Yeah just ask that Dinamo Bucharest player back in that European Cup match , thats if the guy ever regained his power of speech :D
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:33 pm

Souness wouldn't last two mins in the prem now with all the prima donas rolling around the floor , he would be sent off every bloody match :laugh:
Benny The Noon

Postby Kharhaz » Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:36 am

Benny The Noon » Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:33 pm wrote:Souness wouldn't last two mins in the prem now with all the prima donas rolling around the floor , he would be sent off every bloody match :laugh:

That speaks more for the standards of referees we have today rather than Souness. Every tackle of Souness made was more or less spot on, which makes him a great player. He is a legend, he had the tackling that defenders would be jealous of, he had the passing that midfielders would be jealous of, and by christ could he score goals.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:05 pm

Kharhaz » Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:36 am wrote:
Benny The Noon » Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:33 pm wrote:Souness wouldn't last two mins in the prem now with all the prima donas rolling around the floor , he would be sent off every bloody match :laugh:

That speaks more for the standards of referees we have today rather than Souness. Every tackle of Souness made was more or less spot on, which makes him a great player. He is a legend, he had the tackling that defenders would be jealous of, he had the passing that midfielders would be jealous of, and by christ could he score goals.

spot on - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygVgxYa3mlo .....more or less
:p
great great player though
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby sniffy98 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:43 pm

It's difficult to name one because there have been so many greats. I loved Beardsley. He played in that position so cleverly and linked up magically with Barnes. McMahon was also tremendous as was Rushie. I think it has to be KK though. One of the all time greats.
sniffy98

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:46 pm

Big Jan Molby ,because he was simply unlike anyone else ....and I sort of adopted the Danish national team because it included Molby and the brilliant Laudrup brothers . Imo three of the most graceful players to ever touch a football .
Last edited by RED BEERGOGGLES on Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:13 pm

I've been thinking about who my all time favorite player might be and it has to be Gabriel Batistuta. The most complete striker I've ever seen. He had power, he was a great finisher, knew how to head the ball, he had everything that a striker should have. Other players come close, but Batistuta is probably my favorite.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:51 pm

my all time favourite player... Roberto Baggio... should be up there with the Messi's and Maradonna's, the way he can unlock a defence is unbelieveable... the epitome of a playmaking striker...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - The Players Lounge