THE OFFICIAL Andriy Voronin thread - All discussion on our Ukrainian here

Liverpool Football Club - The Players Lounge

Postby essexpoolfan » Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:40 am

I really want to like Voronin, being a free transfer and everything but when he plays he just seems a class worse then the rest of the team. If I were Rafa, I would sell him and Kuyt and bring in a new world class striker and use Babel as another striker. I do feel sorry for Kuyt though, anyone else notice how desperate he was to score against Luton last night? :D
essexpoolfan

Postby Big Niall » Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:44 am

essexpoolfan wrote:I really want to like Voronin, being a free transfer and everything but when he plays he just seems a class worse then the rest of the team. If I were Rafa, I would sell him and Kuyt and bring in a new world class striker and use Babel as another striker. I do feel sorry for Kuyt though, anyone else notice how desperate he was to score against Luton last night? :D

Its like when you are on the pull but haven't been successful in ages, your confidence dips, your timing is off, you try too hard, you seem desparate, you don't pull so it just gets worse.

Luckily I'm gorgeous but I've heard it happens other blokes :D
Last edited by Big Niall on Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby essexpoolfan » Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:34 pm

Hahaha, I would believe you but you seem to know the situation too well.
Last edited by essexpoolfan on Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
essexpoolfan

Postby Mark 23 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:09 pm

It would be interesting to find out if he plays in the same postion for us as he did for his pevious team, for example Kuyt was a striker at his old club, for us I don't know what he is meant to be doing
Mark 23

Postby Mark 23 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:11 pm

when I mean position was he stuck out on the wing or playing between the lines, many varaitions of a striker or forward
Mark 23

Postby Ciggy » Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:06 pm

PMSL he isnt really injured he is part of the Moscow Circus as "Gaucho Wizardry"  :laugh:

There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:45 pm

With a ponytail like his he belongs in a circus
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedBlood » Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:52 pm

Voronin is :censored:..............end of thread :D
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby Dundalk » Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:03 pm

Looks like he is on his way

4 Million, not bad money at all

BERLIN (AFP) – Hertha Berlin revealed Monday they have agreed a transfer with Liverpool for hot-shot striker Andrei Voronin - providing the Bundesliga side qualify for the Champions League next season.

Voronin, 29, has scored 11 league goals in 21 games - eight of which have come in the last seven matches - since he joined cash-strapped Hertha on loan from Liverpool at the start of the season.

Hertha president Werner Gegenbauer says Berlin have agreed a fee of around four million euros with Liverpool for the Ukrainian forward, but the whole deal depends on whether Hertha make the Champions League.

"We cannot go through with a transfer unless we have extra funds from the Champions League, so it depends on whether or not we qualify," Gegenbauer told German sports agency SID.

"We can give and receive no promise, but we have to wait and see what happens at the end of the season."

Berlin coach Lucien Favre has said the club have no money for new players this summer, but the German league leaders have made it clear they want Voronin to stay if they reach the Champions League.

They are currently top of the Bundesliga with just a single point's lead and need to finish in the top three if Voronin is to remain past the end of the season.

Voronin has won 57 caps for his country and has made no secret of his desire to remain in the German capital.

LINK
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Alex G. » Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:22 pm

four million would be right..
Alex G.
LFC Super Member

Postby dawson99 » Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:24 pm

hes been class in germany. so getting that for a free transfer can only be good business.

good luck to the guy tho
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RobinHood6969 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:29 am

Yeah 4 million for bosman signing is pretty good business  :)
RobinHood6969

Postby crazyhorse » Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:58 am

Good stuff....
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:20 am

Alex G. wrote:four million would be right..

According to some on here he's :censored:, always has been and always will be, so £4m for a player who is :censored: is fantastic. Wonder what that makes £1.5m N'Gog..............

Before anyone gets too excited, I read it was £4m dependant on qualification for the Champions League. "Hertha president Werner Gegenbauer says Berlin have agreed a fee of around four million euros with Liverpool for the Ukrainian forward, but the whole deal depends on whether Hertha make the Champions League." Last time I checked, and I'm going to post it below, the Bundesliga was like four clubs separated by one point at the top

Bundesliga

1. Hertha Berlin P25 PTS 49
2. Bayern Munich P25 PTS 48
3. Wolfsburg P25 PTS 48
4. Hamburg P25 PTS 48

5. Hoffenheim P25 PTS 44
6. Stuttgart P25 PTS 42

Bayern and Wolfsburg have +22 GD, Hertha's is only +10. Not sure how many qualify for CL from Germany, but Hertha's qualification is far from assured. Maybe if we loan them Dossena it will clinch the title and they'll buy him too....................  :D
Last edited by Owzat on Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:06 pm

Dundalk wrote:Looks like he is on his way

4 Million, not bad money at all

BERLIN (AFP) – Hertha Berlin revealed Monday they have agreed a transfer with Liverpool for hot-shot striker Andrei Voronin - providing the Bundesliga side qualify for the Champions League next season.

Voronin, 29, has scored 11 league goals in 21 games - eight of which have come in the last seven matches - since he joined cash-strapped Hertha on loan from Liverpool at the start of the season.

Hertha president Werner Gegenbauer says Berlin have agreed a fee of around four million euros with Liverpool for the Ukrainian forward, but the whole deal depends on whether Hertha make the Champions League.

"We cannot go through with a transfer unless we have extra funds from the Champions League, so it depends on whether or not we qualify," Gegenbauer told German sports agency SID.

"We can give and receive no promise, but we have to wait and see what happens at the end of the season."

Berlin coach Lucien Favre has said the club have no money for new players this summer, but the German league leaders have made it clear they want Voronin to stay if they reach the Champions League.

They are currently top of the Bundesliga with just a single point's lead and need to finish in the top three if Voronin is to remain past the end of the season.

Voronin has won 57 caps for his country and has made no secret of his desire to remain in the German capital.

LINK

Waitor. Champagne!
stmichael
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - The Players Lounge