THE OFFICIAL Andriy Voronin thread - All discussion on our Ukrainian here

Liverpool Football Club - The Players Lounge

Postby heimdall » Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:18 pm

And people say we aren't lucky.  :wwww
heimdall

Postby RedBlood » Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:53 pm

voronin is better then people give him credit for but hes not liverpool statndard so 4 million for him would be a great bit of buisness
and i wont be wishing him luck after some of his comments in the papers, calling us the english club :angry:
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby NiftyNeil » Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:55 pm

RedBlood wrote:and i wont be wishing him luck after some of his comments in the papers, calling us the english club :angry:

Yeah, we're not English, we're Scouse  :D .
NiftyNeil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedBlood » Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:59 pm

NiftyNeil wrote:
RedBlood wrote:and i wont be wishing him luck after some of his comments in the papers, calling us the english club :angry:

Yeah, we're not English, we're Scouse  :D .

exactly  :buttrock
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:00 am

4 million euros not pounds... I suppose it's about 3.6 million pounds?
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Madmax » Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:04 am

i think we should bring him back his class :D  anyhow seems like a good deal if it goes through 4 mill not bad
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GRAHAM01 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:01 am

maguskwt wrote:4 million euros not pounds... I suppose it's about 3.6 million pounds?

the way the pound to euro is at the moment it could soon be 6 million pounds  :angry:

i think what ever we get for him is great so what ever it is, it is a bonus
if you want some come get some!
GRAHAM01
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RobinHood6969 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:19 am

GRAHAM01 wrote:
maguskwt wrote:4 million euros not pounds... I suppose it's about 3.6 million pounds?

the way the pound to euro is at the moment it could soon be 6 million pounds  :angry:

i think what ever we get for him is great so what ever it is, it is a bonus

Yes he came for 0 million and goes for some millions. we've made our profit. Am happy  :cool:
RobinHood6969

Postby tubby » Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:23 am

I hope Rafa doesn't ask him back. Id rather have some young lad as backup to the 1st team than this guy despite what he is doing in Germany.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RobinHood6969 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:26 am

bavlondon wrote:I hope Rafa doesn't ask him back. Id rather have some young lad as backup to the 1st team than this guy despite what he is doing in Germany.

Yes we should sell the guy and cash on him
RobinHood6969

Postby GOAT » Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:57 am

:laugh: Brilliant stuff, profit of 4mil then

Would never have been good enough for us if he had came back
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby Owzat » Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:47 pm

Voronin aims for Liverpool return

Ukraine forward Andriy Voronin is hoping to use Wednesday's World Cup qualifier against England to prove his worth to Liverpool.

The 29-year-old was loaned to Hertha Berlin this season where he has scored 11 goals in 20 starts for the table-topping Bundesliga side.

"I would love to come back to Liverpool," said Voronin, who had spent one year at Anfield.

"Not as number five or six or to sit on the bench or to watch the match."

The striker admitted that Hertha were one of the suitors interested in signing him on a full-time basis.

"There are certain offers, I'm going to discuss them with my agent and take it from there," he added.

Voronin added that he thought the recruitment of Robbie Keane by Liverpool and a leg injury hindered his prospects at the club.

"I don't think I was given a fair chance," he said.

"If it were not for the transfer of Robbie Keane I think I could have shown much more of what I was capable of. I also had three months of injury with a hamstring tear.

"With that sort of injury you need a long time to recover and have to start proving yourself again."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/7974929.stm

Talks sense, shame so many on here still write him off without a proper chance - even saying he'll never be good enough safe in the knowledge he'll unlikely get a chance to prove them wrong (or right). I said it before, Keane did about the same and during his time here people were talking of him "coming good" given a chance, all the time Voronin was here people were talking about getting rid. Nothing changes, even now
Last edited by Owzat on Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:52 pm

Owzat wrote:Voronin aims for Liverpool return

Ukraine forward Andriy Voronin is hoping to use Wednesday's World Cup qualifier against England to prove his worth to Liverpool.

The 29-year-old was loaned to Hertha Berlin this season where he has scored 11 goals in 20 starts for the table-topping Bundesliga side.

"I would love to come back to Liverpool," said Voronin, who had spent one year at Anfield.

"Not as number five or six or to sit on the bench or to watch the match."

The striker admitted that Hertha were one of the suitors interested in signing him on a full-time basis.

"There are certain offers, I'm going to discuss them with my agent and take it from there," he added.

Voronin added that he thought the recruitment of Robbie Keane by Liverpool and a leg injury hindered his prospects at the club.

"I don't think I was given a fair chance," he said.

"If it were not for the transfer of Robbie Keane I think I could have shown much more of what I was capable of. I also had three months of injury with a hamstring tear.

"With that sort of injury you need a long time to recover and have to start proving yourself again."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/7974929.stm

Talks sense, shame so many on here still write him off without a proper chance - even saying he'll never be good enough safe in the knowledge he'll unlikely get a chance to prove them wrong (or right). I said it before, Keane did about the same and during his time here people were talking of him "coming good" given a chance, all the time Voronin was here people were talking about getting rid. Nothing changes, even now

That's becasue Keane was previously proven in this country. How can you compare him with Voronin?

There is a reason Voronin was free. He is :censored: and shouldn't play here. Sorry if it seems I am not giving him a chance but I don't want any more half baked players here if it can be helped.
Last edited by tubby on Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:13 pm

Not starting for Ukraine tonight. Had a bust up with the manager.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Dundalk » Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:15 pm

Must have been called up to the circus
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - The Players Lounge