THE OFFICIAL Andriy Voronin thread - All discussion on our Ukrainian here

Liverpool Football Club - The Players Lounge

Postby Dundalk » Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:18 pm

I think Klinsmann would do a great job for us..............

Up front instead of..............Voronin  :wwww
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby roberto green » Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:22 pm

Dundalk wrote:I think Klinsmann would do a great job for us..............

Up front instead of..............Voronin  :wwww

yeah but he is the next bayern manager now..
roberto green

Postby roberto green » Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:22 pm

yep fell into that didnt i
roberto green

Postby J*o*n*D*o*e » Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:41 pm

come on the guy has a ponytail enough bloody said, maybe if we cut it off a footballer might emerge.

if crouch isnt injured then he`s gone because if you cant get in the side ahead of that pile of s*i*e then you never will.
ImageImage
J*o*n*D*o*e

Postby gsker1 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:31 am

Voronin is a disgrace and we should off-load him in this transfer month (January). 

We obviously aren't going to win the premier league now, so lets bring in another attacking midfielder that can score.

LFC also need to start thinking about our backline, we're leaking too many goals at the moment!
gsker1

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:02 am

Can someone please explain why this player is playing for us?

He plays for us because he has long lochs, Rafa's thinking behind this was that he hoped his long lochs would get in the way of opposing defenders which would in turn be the perfect foiled haircut for his strike partner.
Last edited by 66-1112520797 on Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
66-1112520797

Postby Ciggy » Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:25 am

murphy0151 wrote:If John Aldridge had not displayed such hatred for Vorinon today this post would never of happened.

Am not having ago but some people cant make there own minds up about some things.

Oh it would have I slated him to bits even before I heard Aldo, Murph he is fuckin sh!te, and as BM said he was bought to replace Fowler.  ???
1 goal in seventeen games is enough proof Lescotts scored more goals than him and hes a defender.
Last edited by Ciggy on Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:00 am

puroresu wrote:I never bought into the "vorinin is on a free so we cant really lose" chat which many were using when he was signed.  free or not its irrelevant if the player isnt any good.  His awful and has no place in a liverpool side.  Offers very little.  I think crouch is a gone if the club gets an offer they want.  He rarely plays and there must be a reason behind it.

I remember the stats, five goals in 45 appearances for Ukraine, that's :censored:. If we buy two good strikers in the transfer window we could conceivably put together a winning run, at the moment Torres' goals alone aren't enough.

Our form is P10 W3 D4 L3 and in that run of 10 games our strikers have managed :-

Torres - 6 goals in 8 appearances (0.750 goals/app)
Crouch - 1 goal in 5 appearances (0.200 goals/app)
Kuyt - 1 goal in 8 appearances (0.125 goals/app)
Voronin 0 goals in 5 appearances (0.000 goals/app)

So Crouch, Voronin and Kuyt have chipped in with two goals in 18 appearances and Torres has scored three times as many goals in less than half the appearances. In those last ten games the Liverpool record with the respective strikers in the team has been :-

Kuyt - P8 W3 D4 L1
Torres - P8 W3 D3 L2
Voronin - P5 W1 D2 L2
Crouch - P5 W0 D2 L3

So whether you like Kuyt or not, the team has done better with him and Torres in the side, although in fairness to Crouch he did play against two of the top three sides and silly batstard got himself sent off so missed two Liverpool wins. Did Liverpool win because or in spite of his absence? Million dollar question, the answer normally depends on whether you like Crouch or don't. Two of the three Liverpool wins came with Kuyt and Torres starting, the other with Voronin (against Derby where we struggled)

Do you realise our best run of wins is three in a row in the league? And that in the middle of an unbeaten run of 14 games. We're now in a run of three draws in a row, we avoided three losses in a row - those two losses ironically fell in the middle of seven games without a draw, ironic given our current run of form.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:16 am

Tell me Owz, are you doing your little swerve of counting ten minute cameos as appearances or are we talking starts here? Now I know you are the undisputed king of the stats, but while I've got the greatest respect for your posts and I'm an avid reader of them, if your stats are implying that Kuyt or Voronin offer anywhere near as much goal threat as Crouch, then they are wrong, it's that simple  :p :D
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mighty mo » Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:33 pm

Ciggy wrote:Can someone please explain why this player is playing for us?

He is supposed to be a striker but is never in the box.

He gets picked more than Crouch who offers more of a goal threat than him.

He has been sh!te the last few months and would struggle to even get a start for Wigan.

So why the fuck is he playing for LFC?

Ive never done this never even when Cisse was slated even when he scored 21 goals more than this clown offers.
Kuyt or Baros Ive never disliked them either but they have been slated to death but Voronin come on what was Rafa thinking getting him?

Its not my style until today Ive seen enough I hope he is sold or goes out on loan this month and he never puts on the red shirt again.

i agree with every word of your post, this player is not good enough to pull on the red shirt
mighty mo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby imouthep » Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:01 pm

When he signed Voronin I was under the impression he was simply a squad filler, those players that you give a run when your main two have done the business. I think it is senseless to expect the man to bag a lot of goals cos he was never going to do that for us. Unfortunately Kuyt is misfiring, Crouch has slept with Rafa's wife or something and they have fallen out. So that leaves Voronin. We all crave a situation where we could afford classy players, where players like Voronin were not even on our radar but strikers cost dearly and we just don't have that kind of cash. I hate him too the silly fool took number 10 ffs but we are in the unfortunate position of having to try and unearth talent rather than buy big.
imouthep

Postby Ciggy » Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:03 pm

Only good thing to come out of this is rafa will finally realise how sh!te Voronin is and will be forced to make the correct choice of playing Babel upfront with Torres.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:09 pm

He not world class but he's an intelligent player. apart from wages didn't cost us anything . Why is he playing for us ? Surely thats something you should be asking Rafa ? , he obviously thought it was "good business".

To be fair , Voronin looked promising in his early games , the real worry is that so many signings by Rafa look promising and then just f'ucking fade away.  :angry:

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby eds » Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:23 am

Ciggy wrote:Only good thing to come out of this is rafa will finally realise how sh!te Voronin is and will be forced to make the correct choice of playing Babel upfront with Torres.

No he won't. Have you not learn't anything from Rafa yet?

Much to your annoyonce, my annoyonce and pretty much everyone else's annoyonce, he won't.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby Foximus » Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:32 am

Voronin is absolute dead wood, he would only make half a dozen Premier league squads, and he starts for LFC!!!
Foximus

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - The Players Lounge