Voronin

Liverpool Football Club - The Players Lounge

Postby europian-kings » Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:55 am

i cant see any recent voronin topics so i thought id make one here. just wondering what you all think of him? im sure youll all agree he is a right bargain as a free and i for one think he is a great team player for us. ok he missed a couple of sitters in the everton game, but he has everything a striker needs, strenght, pace, ability to get round defenders....he also does whatever is needed. look back at the everton game and see how much he was getting back to help out finnan, he didn't like doing this but it was needed from him so he put up with it. My brothers friend went to the tottenham game aswel, and when i asked him who was the ebst defender, his answer? VORONIN! lol.
what do you all think of him?
will he be here for 3 seasons + ?
should i get him on my liverpool shirt? =]  lol
europian-kings
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:28 pm

Don't want to knock the fella (well not yet :D ) as he hasn't done much wrong, but he's hardly set the world on fire. Hardworking , intelligent, average ability and has weighed in with a goal here and there. Squad player nothing more.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Dundalk » Sun Oct 21, 2007 1:02 pm

woof woof ! wrote:Don't want to knock the fella (well not yet :D ) as he hasn't done much wrong, but he's hardly set the world on fire. Hardworking , intelligent, average ability and has weighed in with a goal here and there. Squad player nothing more.

Sounds like Kuyt
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:40 pm

Dundalk wrote:
woof woof ! wrote:Don't want to knock the fella (well not yet :D ) as he hasn't done much wrong, but he's hardly set the world on fire. Hardworking , intelligent, average ability and has weighed in with a goal here and there. Squad player nothing more.

Sounds like Kuyt

:D  Now that you mention it   :laugh:  you're right , sounds exactly like Kuyt , although I think Voronin has a marginally better football brain (maybe it's just down to his experience).

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Toffeehater » Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:24 am

woof woof ! wrote:
Dundalk wrote:

Sounds like Kuyt

:D  Now that you mention it   :laugh:  you're right , sounds exactly like Kuyt , although I think Voronin has a marginally better football brain (maybe it's just down to his experience).

kuyts way better than him , kuyt creates goals can can dribble..
Voronin cannot dribble and does not find space that well but 2 things i love abt this lad is how hardworking he is , he runs back to help with the defense and , his anticipation , like in the cl whr he ran through the defender t0o latch on to the true ball
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ukamed » Sat Oct 27, 2007 1:00 am

Well, maybe I am wrong, but he's the only one who is really attacking right now, I am not seeing Kuyt doing that!!!!
ukamed

Postby THEBARON » Sat Oct 27, 2007 11:02 am

Considering we got Voronin on a free  I think he is a pretty good addition as a squad player. On the plus side he works hard and has already got a few goals - on the debit side he lacks composure when finishing - he had good chances in the last 2 games.
Kuyt also works hard - but doesn't get enough goals. Unfortunately he cost a lot more. Yes he  had the bottle to take 2 pens against the blue :censored: , but at 10 million quid I would expect a bit more.
THEBARON

Postby Dutchsky » Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:34 pm

Voronin doesn't bring a lot to the team.
Dutchsky

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:45 pm

Toffeehater wrote:
woof woof ! wrote:
Dundalk wrote:

Sounds like Kuyt

Voronin cannot dribble and does not find space that well but 2 things i love abt this lad is how hardworking he is , he runs back to help with the defense and , his anticipation , like in the cl whr he ran through the defender t0o latch on to the true ball

Are you talking about Kuyt when you say

2 things i love abt this lad is how hardworking he is , he runs back to help with the defense and , his anticipation , like in the cl whr he ran through the defender t0o latch on to the true ball

:laugh:  Anticipation you must be joking, the fella couldn't anticipate the arrival of a double decker bus even if he was the f'ucking driver. If anything his failure so far is down to the fact that he doesn't anticipate and react quickly enough .

As for running back to help the defense , maybe he'd be more useful if he remembered he's a striker and stayed up front from where he might actually score.
Last edited by woof woof ! on Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:56 pm

For nothing he's not a bad signing and has produced more than I expected from him. Like Kuyt though he lacks that killer instinct in the box and should be considered only as backup to Torres and Crouch.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:21 am

PLAYED REALLY WELL TONIGHT :)
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby skizo » Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:22 am

mature,composed,has added value to the squad
skizo

Postby JoeTerp » Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:36 am

LOVELY ball on Stevie's goal. good vision to pick out Yossi instead of the obvious pass to crouch on our 2nd goal
JoeTerp

Postby europian-kings » Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:20 pm

set up 3 or 4 yesterday, played very well. going to be interesting to see who starts against fulham.
europian-kings
LFC Super Member

Postby Flepent » Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:39 pm

Voronin cannot dribble and does not find space that well but 2 things i love abt this lad is how hardworking he is , he runs back to help with the defense and , his anticipation , like in the cl whr he ran through the defender t0o latch on to the true ball <<<<
Voronin can dribble really good ;S
Flepent

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - The Players Lounge