THE OFFICIAL Andriy Voronin thread - All discussion on our Ukrainian here

Liverpool Football Club - The Players Lounge

Postby skatesy » Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:09 am

woof woof ! wrote:To be fair , Voronin looked promising in his early games.

This is the interesting part.

Early on in the season everyone was praising Voronin and talking about how he was an absolute steal because he was free. I remember some people even saying that, financially speaking, he was the best signing of the summer transfer period.

Now that he has not been playing that well lately, everyone is saying that he is the worst. Interesting how times change.
skatesy

Postby Ciggy » Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:25 am

Andriy Voronin, Dirk Kuyt and Peter Crouch, have not found the net in two months in the prem.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:01 am

Ciggy wrote:Andriy Voronin, Dirk Kuyt and Peter Crouch, have not found the net in two months in the prem.

Crouch has hardly started a Premiership game though.

Voronin and kuyt dont surprise me with the stats.

All in all we still need two quality wingers and two more quality strikers.
66-1112520797

Postby Big Niall » Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:44 am

While I don't think Crouch is top class, he is miles better than KUyt who is much better than voninin.

I think Rafa has lost the plot, why is he starting games up front.

Defo time for Rafa to go.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:22 pm

bigmick wrote:Tell me Owz, are you doing your little swerve of counting ten minute cameos as appearances or are we talking starts here? Now I know you are the undisputed king of the stats, but while I've got the greatest respect for your posts and I'm an avid reader of them, if your stats are implying that Kuyt or Voronin offer anywhere near as much goal threat as Crouch, then they are wrong, it's that simple  :p :D

I thought about putting in that sort of stat, while I don't have the numbers handy Crouch was averaging 50+ mins on those appearances,

And would you make a fuss if he came on as a sub and scored? Not that he does, but like when a player is on the wing, there's nothing to stop him scoring. Yes Kuyt does tend to play more minutes, clearly you're angling after something that will make Crouch look as good as you want him to and I ain't in the habit of making things up (so you're out of luck!)

EDIT : and just in case it isn't clear I think Torres is quality, Voronin was a mistake and still is, while I prefer Kuyt to Crouch but neither is much better than the other. So what's the point debating whether cr ap or sh 1t tastes better?
Last edited by Owzat on Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:26 pm

Ciggy wrote:Andriy Voronin, Dirk Kuyt and Peter Crouch, have not found the net in two months in the prem.

it hardly helps when one of them is playing one week, and then one the next, and then the other one the next. none of them know if they're coming or going.

it can't be long before babel gets a run upfront surely?
Last edited by stmichael on Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Owzat » Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:27 pm

stmichael wrote:

it hardly helps when one of them is playing one week, and then one the next, and then the other one the next. none of them know if they're coming or going.

Hopefully soon we'll know they're all going - somewhere else. Quite what Babel has to do to get a look in is a mystery, I can only guess he's capable of playing wide and so that makes him 'ideal' as a multifunctional sub
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:28 pm

Owzat wrote:
bigmick wrote:Tell me Owz, are you doing your little swerve of counting ten minute cameos as appearances or are we talking starts here? Now I know you are the undisputed king of the stats, but while I've got the greatest respect for your posts and I'm an avid reader of them, if your stats are implying that Kuyt or Voronin offer anywhere near as much goal threat as Crouch, then they are wrong, it's that simple  :p :D

I thought about putting in that sort of stat, while I don't have the numbers handy Crouch was averaging 50+ mins on those appearances,

And would you make a fuss if he came on as a sub and scored? Not that he does, but like when a player is on the wing, there's nothing to stop him scoring. Yes Kuyt does tend to play more minutes, clearly you're angling after something that will make Crouch look as good as you want him to and I ain't in the habit of making things up (so you're out of luck!)

Anyway f,uck the stats anyone with half brain could clearly see for themselves that Crouch is better player and a striker than both Voronin and Kuyt, ABSOLUTELY NO DOUBT ABOUT IT !
66-1112520797

Postby stmichael » Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:41 pm

Bamaga man wrote:Anyway f,uck the stats anyone with half brain could clearly see for themselves that Crouch is better player and a striker than both Voronin and Kuyt, ABSOLUTELY NO DOUBT ABOUT IT !

To be honest, if someone who scores 18 goals in a season isn't good enough to even be third or fourth choice, then I don't know who is. He scored 18 goals last season. An awesome hat-trick against Arsenal, two over-head kicks. Etc. Etc.

People judging Crouch as not good enough is because this season he hasn't done much, which is totally due to the fact that he's hardly played. It's absolute boll#cks. He's head and shoulders above Kuyt and Voronin yet can hardly get a look in.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby jedwards » Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:32 pm

??? :(
If a manager like Benitez selects Voronin & Kuyt almost every game, ahead of Crouch or Bable, he is for sure doing this, not for the benefit of the team and players, you can see from the reaction of all players in the team espacially when (those two below bar players) the rest of the players in the team are not happy, and it is really showing.

I just do not understand the logic behind all of this, and if he has any differences with any player that he does not like, he should not let it effect and damage the team sprit!!.
jedwards

Postby KOPMATT » Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:33 am

He seems better at Euro games than Premiership but not much better at that. Definately not worthy of the Red shirt thats for sure.
Eventhough he was a free I bet his wages ain't cheap.
I think he should be released or sold if someone would buy him?
KOPMATT

Postby KOPMATT » Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:35 am

stmichael wrote:
Bamaga man wrote:Anyway f,uck the stats anyone with half brain could clearly see for themselves that Crouch is better player and a striker than both Voronin and Kuyt, ABSOLUTELY NO DOUBT ABOUT IT !

To be honest, if someone who scores 18 goals in a season isn't good enough to even be third or fourth choice, then I don't know who is. He scored 18 goals last season. An awesome hat-trick against Arsenal, two over-head kicks. Etc. Etc.

People judging Crouch as not good enough is because this season he hasn't done much, which is totally due to the fact that he's hardly played. It's absolute boll#cks. He's head and shoulders above Kuyt and Voronin yet can hardly get a look in.

Yep, gotta agree there! Torres & Crouch have to be our first choice strikers.
KOPMATT

Postby club_Levis » Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:52 am

stmichael wrote:

Spot on StMichael...Crouch is far much better than those two players.But the fact that Crouch himself is poor clearly shows how sh1t our strikeforce is ( bar Torres). I still cant understand why Babbel hasnt had a look to partner Torres.
club_Levis

Postby Jacko » Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:34 pm

murphy0151 wrote:
Ciggy wrote:Can someone please explain why this player is playing for us?

He is supposed to be a striker but is never in the box.

He gets picked more than Crouch who offers more of a goal threat than him.

He has been sh!te the last few months and would struggle to even get a start for Wigan.

So why the fuck is he playing for LFC?

Ive never done this never even when Cisse was slated even when he scored 21 goals more than this clown offers.
Kuyt or Baros Ive never disliked them either but they have been slated to death but Voronin come on what was Rafa thinking getting him?

Its not my style until today Ive seen enough I hope he is sold or goes out on loan this month and he never puts on the red shirt again.

If John Aldridge had not displayed such hatred for Vorinon today this post would never of happened.

Am not having ago but some people cant make there own minds up about some things.

Absolute rubbish. I've never seen such an insipid performance from a Liverpool player. Voronin should be ashamed of himself. And did you see him on the touchline before he came on against Luton? Whimpering and shivering in the cold. Christ, I would give my right arm to pull on that red shirt. He couldn't give a :censored:. Even his international manager said that Voronin is overweight and anybody that thinks this guy has something to offer is clearly deluded. It is so obvious now that there has been a major falling-out between Benitez and Crouch. Crouch scores one week, not even in the 16 the next. It beggars belief really. How Benitez, renowned as one of the most astute brains in the game, thinks that Kuyt and Voronin are better than Crouch is laughable really.
Jacko

Postby Big Niall » Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:59 pm

I'm surprised Crouch hasn't asked for a transfer, better to play for Spurs or somebody at that level than sit on a bench for ever.

Maybe he feels there'll be a new man soon and he can earn a starting place next season.

Crouch/Torres or Babel/Torres should start nearly every game from now on (assuming Babel is good as outright striker - I have only seen him as a poor winger)
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - The Players Lounge