THE OFFICIAL Andriy Voronin thread - All discussion on our Ukrainian here

Liverpool Football Club - The Players Lounge

Postby Owzat » Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:18 pm

bavlondon wrote:That's becasue Keane was previously proven in this country. How can you compare him with Voronin?

There is a reason Voronin was free. He is :censored: and shouldn't play here. Sorry if it seems I am not giving him a chance but I don't want any more half baked players here if it can be helped.

Easy, the same way I can compare one striker with another - Keane with Torres, Keane with Bellamy, Torres with Bellamy etc. Torres was not "previously proven in this country", we bought him and he proved his worth. I don't doubt Keane is a better striker than Voronin, but I only account for their time in LIVERPOOL shirts and during that time Voronin did as much as Keane on the pitch where it matters.

I suggest you're not the only one who could be accused of hypocrisy, a lot on here are happy to give some a chance and others no chance. I'm not suggesting Voronin deserves a place in the starting line-up week in, week out, but he certainly did enough to deserve a bit more of a chance than one season - especially as he cost nothing.

People bleat on about Keane not getting fair treatment, especially when he scored three in two games. Keane played three more times for us, Voronin scored in his last competitive appearance for Liverpool and was shipped out on loan. He came back from months out injured as he mentioned, scored twice in his last seven appearances of which four were subs appearances of between six and sixteen minutes.

With Rafa's track record re strikers you wonder if there's any point signing any more, Crouch scored three in his last four appearances for Liverpool and Keane is yet another striker not given enough time to prove himself - Fowler (1.5), Bellamy (1), Keane (0.5), Voronin (1), Morientes (1.5)
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:14 pm

Fowler was getting on and it was always coming. But more importantly it was about how many chances went begging. Yes Keane scored 3 in 2 games but that was only 1 time right against a poor team who was it West Brom? Not that it should be a reason to make the goals seem less but he missed an aweful lot more than he scored.

All I am saying is we are so close this year we would not want to possibly go backwards. I would rather Rafa spend some money and bring in someone more established rather than an ex player of ours who is scoring more goals in a micky mouse league.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby KennyisGod....still » Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:07 pm

Voronin is a decent striker, but in certain leagues/countries. I'd have him back but not on the kinda terms he's talkin. His work rate aint amazin, his touch aint great especially in a league where its so important. One of those things unfortunately, but to be able to actually sell him is a bonus and I hope Hertha go on to do well and maybe even win the league.
Stu Averill, a wannabe Scouse/Scot. I remember the good times & have faith in them comin back

Beside the Hillsborough Flame, I heard a Koppite mournin, "Why so many taken on that day?" Justice has never been done. But their memory we'll carry on. There'll be Glory Round The Fields Of Anfield Road
KennyisGod....still
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:49 am

Voronin actually scored a few goals for us but his season was hit by injuries - still think he can be an option coming of th bench
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby paddy » Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:11 am

GYBS wrote:Voronin actually scored a few goals for us but his season was hit by injuries - still think he can be an option coming of th bench

no offence euge but why the fook do you accept such mediocrity for lfc ?
"an option"
do me a favour
its the likes of you who imo have stopped liverpool from moving on by accepting "ok ish" players
paddy

Postby Owzat » Sun May 24, 2009 8:24 am

GYBS wrote:Voronin actually scored a few goals for us but his season was hit by injuries - still think he can be an option coming of the bench

4 goals in his first 10 games, 2 in his last 5 games, maybe nothing great, but would a striker capable of better be happy playing a bit part role? I don't expect Voronin to be a world beater, but some experience on the bench would be nice with our options being what - Babel, El Zhar and N'Gog?

Hertha Berlin are only prepared to pay £4m for on-loan Liverpool striker Andrei Voronin, if the German club qualify for next season's Champions League. (Daily Mirror)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1....464.stm

The Bundesliga was very tight this season, I think someone said a week or so ago that Hertha were top. Well they got stuffed 4-0 yesterday and finished just fourth which can't possibly be good enough since they aren't one of the top leagues who get four places. I think the top two go into the groups and the third placed team enter into qualifying, but then again I think they changed the whole set-up now despite what Pratini wants/said/says/thinks etc

1. Wolfsburg P34 PTS 69 (GD +39)
2. Bayern Munich P34 PTS 67 (GD +29)
3. Stuttgart P34 PTS 64 (GD +20)
4. Hertha Berlin P34 PTS 63 (GD +7)
5. Hamburg P34 PTS 61 (GD +2)
6. Borussia Dortmund P34 PTS 59 (GD +59)

Karlsruhe who beat Hertha 4-0 moved off the bottom with that result. Wolfsburg stuffed UEFA Cup finalists Werder Bremen 5-1.

So looks as though the £4m part of the deal is jeopardised if not the deal itself. We might end up with Voronin back
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fauxy » Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:34 pm

Sorry this isnt really about Voronin much but it does involve him, would have made a new thread but im a newbie :sleepy:

from the mirror -

Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez has launched his bid to sign Valencia forward David Silva - but could face a battle to keep Javier Mascherano.

Spain's Euro 2008 winner Silva tops the Anfield wanted list and Valencia may have to sell cheaply because of their dire financial problems.

Liverpool are believed to have made an initial offer of £15million plus misfit forward Andriy Voronin.
Fauxy

Postby Greavesie » Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:36 pm

Fauxy wrote:Sorry this isnt really about Voronin much but it does involve him, would have made a new thread but im a newbie :sleepy:

from the mirror -

Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez has launched his bid to sign Valencia forward David Silva - but could face a battle to keep Javier Mascherano.

Spain's Euro 2008 winner Silva tops the Anfield wanted list and Valencia may have to sell cheaply because of their dire financial problems.

Liverpool are believed to have made an initial offer of £15million plus misfit forward Andriy Voronin.

whered the Mascha part come into this, it just wseems like its been put in there for no reason.

Anyway if we can get Silva for £15m then Voronin has served his purpose at this club just fine  :D
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Fauxy » Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:40 pm

there's a bit more on that i missed out :

But Real Madrid are waiting in the wings for Silva and also fancy midfielder Mascherano.

Real are willing to pay £18m for Mascherano and could offer ex-Manchester United defender Gabriel Heinze in the package.
Fauxy

Postby GYBS » Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:42 pm

That is just rehashing lazy journo cr.ap the bit about masher and heinze .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:43 pm

oh FFS I dont think our players want to go there, we kicked the sh!t out of them last season and will do it again next. Need to do something abou all this friggin cash changing hands here. Mascher wont leave, he loves it here. Its the Silva part I'm more bothered about because they're pr!cks
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Ace Ventura » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:15 pm

Fauxy wrote:there's a bit more on that i missed out :

But Real Madrid are waiting in the wings for Silva and also fancy midfielder Mascherano.

Real are willing to pay £18m for Mascherano and could offer ex-Manchester United defender Gabriel Heinze in the package.

Where do these stupid prices come from ?

Masherano cost that much anyway and with the prices being bandied around for other players i am sure we should be looking at well more if we were to sell one of better players and the Argentina skipper.

Kin ell united paid 17 million for Anderson didnt they ?

Is it just me or do the papers always seem to put lower values on our players ?

Mascherano the same money as we were quoted for Barry last season  :no

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:44 pm

I know it's :censored: isn't it. Masch would cost at least 21Mil imo. But he isn't going anywhere.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby roberto green » Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:07 pm

bavlondon wrote:I know it's :censored: isn't it. Masch would cost at least 21Mil imo. But he isn't going anywhere.

Well now that Barry has gone to city it kind of puts the alonso thing to bed so the papers will say Mascha now.All because we have the best midfield in the country
roberto green

Postby tubby » Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:10 pm

Id like to think the Alonso case has been put to bed but im sure Real will still be pursuing him, even more heavily if the Chelsea/Kaka rumors are to be taken seriously. (and yes I know they have denied it)

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - The Players Lounge