Javier mascherano - He is happy just to feel wanted

Liverpool Football Club - The Players Lounge

Postby KRobbo10 » Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:50 am

From the Echo

JAVIER MASCHERANO has revealed he is happy just to feel wanted again following the calamitous start to his career in England.
The Argentine made his first Premier League appearance of the season in Saturday’s 6-0 victory over Derby County after being rested by manager Rafael Benitez in the early weeks of the season.
But Mascherano insists he is prepared to wait his turn to make the starting line-up at Anfield after being frozen out of the picture completely at Upton Park when Alan Curbishley took over last November.
After making just five appearances for the Hammers before being offloaded to Anfield in the January transfer window, Mascherano became a regular in the holding midfield role and played a pivotal part in Liverpool making the Champion’s League final.
“In six months at West Ham I'd played five or six games. It was very difficult for me to even go to training every day, because I knew no matter what I would never play,” said Mascherano.
“The situation was very difficult. Then when I arrived here I still thought it was going to be very difficult for me to play, because Liverpool were one of the biggest clubs in the world and they already had Momo Sissoko, Steven Gerrard and Xabi Alonso in the midfield.
“When I got my opportunity, all I could do was try to do my best – but it was easier because I knew the people here rated me.”
The 23-year-old’s confidence in Benitez has made sitting out the first few league games more bearable this season, as the manager has either opted to go with Sissoko or ditch the holding role altogether.
Indeed, having more attacking options at their disposal has been key to Liverpool’s impressive start to the season – they head the Premier League table on goal difference after three wins and a draw, plus 11 goals, in their opening four fixtures.
And Mascherano recognises that building a title challenge, as well as the forthcoming Champions League campaign, requires the kind of squad strength that will see good players on the bench every week.
“Everybody wants to play football, but Liverpool have two players in every position,” he added. “This is needed because we have four competitions to play in and we want to win them all. If this means I have to go to the bench sometimes, that’s not important.
“What is important is that when I play, I have to play really good. The manager has to know I can do well when he needs me.”

Great read this, I think all of our players are starting to understand that they can't play every game thanks to rafas work with them.  :bowdown  The media don't like it and also try and bring stories out to try and unsettle our players like which has happened to crouch recently.
KRobbo10

Postby Pedro Maradona » Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:54 am

mascherano is the king!
Pedro Maradona

Postby Ade » Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:10 pm

Loving this lad. I'd have hated to see him sign for Utd or Chelsea. Has the potential to be one of the very best midfielders in the world, and I think him just being there has put Momo and Alonso on their toes.

If you wanna talk about the best midfield in the league, we're first and clear water's second
Ade
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby KRobbo10 » Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:14 pm

Hopefully we will sign him at the end of the season, I would like to thing we have already sorted a fee out etc
KRobbo10

Postby tubby » Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:36 pm

He displays a good persona and character. I really hope this lad commits long term to us.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redmikey » Fri Sep 07, 2007 2:51 pm

he is on the way to getting his own song.........

great player and great attitude for younger players to see him wait for a turn in the first team when he could play in any team in the world ,every week

sign him asap parry ya tool ,before chavski come sniffing for a replacement for makalele
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby hello_red » Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:45 pm

Football first it would seem. He wants as much success as possible and if he has to wait his turn in Liverpool (and he will get plenty of turns) then so be it for him it would seem. I would prefer to be an important cog in very good machine than the only cog that works properly in another machine.
hello_red
LFC Super Member

Postby Sabre » Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:20 pm

His football is very good, and so are his words. We need to sign up this international on a long contract.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby shanks » Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:19 pm

we can not afford to let him go sign him asp he would be first choice in any team in Europe come on parry sort it now...
shanks
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sat Sep 08, 2007 3:53 am

totally agree with whatever's been said here... I tend to forget that he is only 23... a very good player and prospect... I hope that benitez insists on signing him... so far from certain signs that benitez shows... it's still 50-50 and i think this is mainly due to the price tag... I'd say sign him even if he costs 16 mil.

Ability wise he has more than sisoko and he should be ahead of sisoko in the pecking order on level terms with alonso... the decision should then just be on tactics wether rafa chooses alonso or mascherano... but rafa plays sissoko ahead of mascherano recently... does that mean that he's preparing life without mascherano? I don't know...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedBlood » Sat Sep 08, 2007 6:01 am

legend in the making

pure class
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby Red Dotty » Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:49 am

We have the best player in europe in his role sitting on the bench and being prepared to wait for his moment.

There is not a club in europe that would not want this lad.

He is class :bowdown
image001.gif
Red Dotty

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:56 pm

Tevez and Mascherano 'could face five-year jail sentences'
Last updated at 16:18pm on 11th September 2007
Carlos Tevez and Javier Mascherano are at the centre of a police probe in Brazil - and could face up to five years in jail for alleged tax evasion, according to reports in Brazil.
Manchester United striker Tevez and Liverpool midfielder Mascherano moved to West Ham last year from Brazilian club Corinthians.

The country's authorities are now investigating alleged financial irregularities at the Sao Paulo club, involving players supplied by Iranian tycoon Kia Joorabchian and his company MSI.

They include Argentines Tevez and Mascherano, both 23, as well as Werder Bremen's Brazilian midfielder Carlos Alberto and his countryman, Besiktas midfielder Ricardinho.

Police are seeking to establish whether the stars were involved in a scheme to dodge Brazilian taxes, and are investigating both current and former Corinthians officials as well as Joorabchian.

Sao Paulo daily O Estado quoted a 70-page police report, and claimed that the players could face two to five years in jail if found guilty of not declaring money they received to Brazil's tax authorities.

Another city paper, Folha, alleged that Ricardinho and Alberto had struck an agreement with Corinthians and MSI to receive part of their salaries outside Brazil - which could constitute a crime in the South American country.

Seems the police want Mascherano almost as much as every club in europe!
account deleted by request

Postby hello_red » Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:29 pm

Jesus H! This MSI thing is really having serious repercusions aint it. No smoke without fire I would say. Just hope that Mascha gets all the backing from Liverpool he needs!

Although it could all be a load of :censored:.... Hopefully!
hello_red
LFC Super Member

Postby RedBlood » Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:09 pm

would never happen
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - The Players Lounge