Best central-midfielder in the premiership - Who do you feel is the best midfielder?

Liverpool Football Club - The Players Lounge

Best central-midfielder in the premiership - Who do you feel is the best midfielder?

Patrick Vieira (Arsenal)
29%
Jay Jay Okocha (Bolton)
No votes
Scott Parker (Charlton)
No votes
Frank Lampard (Chelsea)
5%
Sean Davis (Fulham)
No votes
Steven Gerrard (Liverpool)
43%
Paul Scholes (Man Utd)
10%
Juninho (Middlesboro)
No votes
Other (please specify)
14%

Total votes : 21

Postby Owzat » Thu Jan 29, 2004 10:18 am

ok, so we've done pairings but who do you feel is the best individual central-midfielder? I have included only one player per team, the one I think is the best in the team (form is temporary, class is permanent) I didn't feel players like Ferguson and Emerton had been in the Premiership long enough to warrant inclusion
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Starbridge42 » Thu Jan 29, 2004 12:14 pm

Gerrard is no. 1!
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby Dom1 » Sat Jan 31, 2004 12:26 pm

Paul Scholes full Stop.
when you're 4-0 up..
you should never lose 7-1
Dom1

Postby ROBtheRED » Mon Feb 02, 2004 4:38 pm

Vieira - but Scholes and Gerrard are not far behind!
"The fans here are the greatest in the land. They know the game and they know what they want to see. The people on the kop make you feel great. . .yet humble."   Mr B.Shankly
ROBtheRED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Mon Feb 02, 2004 7:54 pm

Scholes is quality and manu miss him when he's absent. Gerrard is probably the best all round midfielder, but perhaps not as creative as Scholes. Scholes netted 14 times in the Premiership last season compared with Owen's 19 - that isn't at all bad, especially if you consider he creates plenty as well
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Thu Apr 15, 2004 7:51 am

Gerrard if he played for clubs like Mansh1t and Arsenull
(He just doesn't have a real chance to show his full ability yet)
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Fri Apr 16, 2004 1:29 pm

I'd say Vieira, followed by Scholes and slightly behind the ginger minger I'd have Gerrard.

However, its very hard to compare these players, as both Vieira and Gerrard are entirely different players to Scholes.

If Liverpool improve and Gerrard keeps taking great strides he will probably eventually over take Vieira as the best in the land, in the same way Vieira over took Keane.

Frank Lampard is not a bad player either, although he's more in the Bryan Robson/David Platt mould rather than Keane, Gerrard and Vieiria in that he is a battler who scores a lot of goals but cannot dominate games.

I'm not 100% convinced of Parker and I think the Chelsea move was a very bad one as he will be soon replaced when Veron returns and chances are he'll be the first causality in their centre midfield if they (likely) buy another top class midfielder soon.

I have seen him play a lot for Chelsea and while he is a good player, he doesn't have the same class as the other Chelsea guys and he does a lot of the donkey work.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Fowler_E7 » Thu Apr 22, 2004 2:46 pm

id love to say gerrard, but it has to be viera he simply pulls all the strings for arsenal
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Apr 22, 2004 2:51 pm

vieira. the master. there's an aura about him. closely followed by gerrard and lampard. scholes hasn't been the same player this season.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby stapo1000 » Tue Apr 27, 2004 10:31 pm

I'd say gerrarrd would just nic it past viera.he  adds so much to the team and remember he has not got players like henry and pires around him
Steve Gerrard Gerrard,
He'll pass the ball 40 yards,
He's quick and he's f*cking hard,
Steve Gerrard Gerrard.
stapo1000
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Wed Apr 28, 2004 11:24 am

Much as I support Liverpool and Gerrard, I'd say that Viera is tops and Gerrard is second at best.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - The Players Lounge