Javier mascherano - He is happy just to feel wanted

Liverpool Football Club - The Players Lounge

Postby Kukilon » Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:56 pm

Probably guilty but who cares. :D
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

Postby ConnO'var » Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:05 pm

Ade wrote:I'd have hated to see him sign for Utd or Chelsea.

Agreed.

Wouldn't put it past Rudolph to put in a cheeky bid for him, if we haven't tied up anything permanent with Mash, after his loan period with us.

After the fiasco with Heinze, he may try to to put one over on Rafa by trying to pinch him from under our noses...
ConnO'var

Postby stmichael » Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:02 am

s@int wrote:Tevez and Mascherano 'could face five-year jail sentences'
Last updated at 16:18pm on 11th September 2007
Carlos Tevez and Javier Mascherano are at the centre of a police probe in Brazil - and could face up to five years in jail for alleged tax evasion, according to reports in Brazil.
Manchester United striker Tevez and Liverpool midfielder Mascherano moved to West Ham last year from Brazilian club Corinthians.

The country's authorities are now investigating alleged financial irregularities at the Sao Paulo club, involving players supplied by Iranian tycoon Kia Joorabchian and his company MSI.

They include Argentines Tevez and Mascherano, both 23, as well as Werder Bremen's Brazilian midfielder Carlos Alberto and his countryman, Besiktas midfielder Ricardinho.

Police are seeking to establish whether the stars were involved in a scheme to dodge Brazilian taxes, and are investigating both current and former Corinthians officials as well as Joorabchian.

Sao Paulo daily O Estado quoted a 70-page police report, and claimed that the players could face two to five years in jail if found guilty of not declaring money they received to Brazil's tax authorities.

Another city paper, Folha, alleged that Ricardinho and Alberto had struck an agreement with Corinthians and MSI to receive part of their salaries outside Brazil - which could constitute a crime in the South American country.

Seems the police want Mascherano almost as much as every club in europe!

What a load of bunkum.

If Mascherano ever had to go to prison, he'd be top dog. He'd have people shining his shoes and washing his underwear. He'd be like Bea Smith in Prisoner Cell Block H.

If Tevez auditioned for a part in Cell Block H, he'd be turned down for being too ugly.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby maguskwt » Wed Sep 12, 2007 5:53 am

ConnO'var wrote:
Ade wrote:I'd have hated to see him sign for Utd or Chelsea.

Agreed.

Wouldn't put it past Rudolph to put in a cheeky bid for him, if we haven't tied up anything permanent with Mash, after his loan period with us.

After the fiasco with Heinze, he may try to to put one over on Rafa by trying to pinch him from under our noses...

doubt it... he's got hargreaves and carrick...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RichardLFC1 » Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:14 pm

Mascherano is an absolute Great player and a perfect partnership with Gerrard. The champons league final 2007 he was our best player he took Kaka out of the game and when he went of Kaka scored.

If we do sign him permantly who do we pay ???

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby KRobbo10 » Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:30 pm

RichardLFC1 wrote:Mascherano is an absolute Great player and a perfect partnership with Gerrard. The champons league final 2007 he was our best player he took Kaka out of the game and when he went of Kaka scored.

If we do sign him permantly who do we pay ???

Id like to thing we would have already sorted a fee and who the money goes to before his loan move expires, so it would just be a formality
KRobbo10

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:10 pm

From The TimesOctober 11, 2007

Rafael Benitez remains cautious of Javier Mascherano red tapeOliver Kay
Liverpool are eager to secure the long-term future of Javier Mascherano but will proceed with caution before deciding whether to meet the £17 million buyout figure demanded by Kia Joorabchian, the businessman who owns the Argentina midfield player’s “economic rights”.

Mascherano joined Liverpool in an unusual lease arrangement in January, with the Merseyside club paying Joorabchian’s company, Media Sports Investment (MSI), a loan fee to secure the player’s services until the end of this season. Under the terms of that agreement, Liverpool can sign a long-term deal with Mascherano before June 30 next year by paying MSI £17 million and assuming control of his economic rights as well as his playing registration, but planned changes to Fifa’s regulations on third-party ownership mean that the club will wait before deciding to pay that sum.

What is not in doubt is Liverpool’s desire to keep Mascherano. The player had five torrid months at West Ham United last season, but since moving to Anfield he has recaptured the form that made him one of the most coveted talents in world football.

Rafael Benítez, the Liverpool manager, is determined to secure Mascherano’s services for the long term, although there is interest in him from Real Madrid and at least one of the Italian clubs who, along with Manches-ter United, pursued him before his surprise move to West Ham. The 23-year-old has indicated that he would be happy to stay at Anfield. “I love playing for Liverpool and, if the manager wants to keep me, I’d definitely stay for a long time,” he said.

The signing of Mascherano is one of several moves planned by Benítez, although his activity in the January transfer window might not stretch far beyond the purchase of a central defender and a forward – if he cannot wait to offload Peter Crouch. The England forward has fallen dramatically out of favour and appears to have no long-term future at Anfield.

I hope we don't lose him by being over cautious, I think he is a great player and I will feel a lot better when his signing is done and dusted.
account deleted by request

Postby Sabre » Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:19 pm

I'm not too worried because I guess the club knows what they're doing, but I'd like to have him permanently ASAP aswell.

Happy to see the important players of the club want to stay. It's important.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Grudge » Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:24 pm

Mascherano should be kept...if we loose him it will be the gain of another big club and our loss!

Its hard to gauge just actually how good this guy is but from what i have seen i feel he can be as important as Gerrard some day,the main factor being consistency.To me he is already more reliable than Sissoko and probably Alonso too!
I know a few on here are are in the way of thinking that Alonso is the dogs balls,to me hes great but just one ball of a dog..one game great and totally in control...the next erratic and well shi.t really!

All judgements however are harsh at this early point of the season and im sure we can all laugh at our premature worries at season end!

Getting back to the topic though...Mascherano can if not already become a world class footballer...We cant let him go!
The Grudge

Postby maguskwt » Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:15 am

Mascherano wants long-term Liverpool deal

Liverpool midfielder Javier Mascherano has set his sights on an extended stay at Anfield.

The Argentina international moved to Merseyside from West Ham in January after a complicated and protracted deal which, because of the controversy surrounding West Ham's signing of the player and compatriot Carlos Tevez, was fully investigated by the Premier League.

West Ham signed Mascherano and Tevez to England in August 2006 but issues arose over the legitimacy of the Hammers signing the pair on third-party agreements and the club were fined for breaching rules.

But having enjoyed happier times in the north west the 23-year-old has stressed he wants to remain part of Rafael Benitez's side.

'I'm very happy here. I feel settled and would like to play at the new stadium (due to be opened in 2010),' he told The Sun.

'I love playing for Liverpool and if the manager wants to keep me then I'd definitely stay for a long time.

'Liverpool are one of the world's biggest teams. They've got history, tradition, success and great fans.'

There had been suggestions Mascherano was unhappy with Benitez's well-known rotation policy but the player dismissed that notion.

'Rafa's always used rotation so why would he stop it when it has brought him so much success?' he added.

'I know if I want to play I need to work really hard. We have good players in every position so no one has the right to start every match.'

I'd say give it to him...

edit: btw this was quoted from soccernet... i dont' know why he's talking to the S*n though...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby europian-kings » Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:17 am

need to keep him!
i think him and alonso are two different players completly but both very good ones.
europian-kings
LFC Super Member

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:49 am

Barca set sights on Mascherano
By BOB CASS - More by this author »

Last updated at 22:50pm on 13th October 2007

Stand by for the Tevez Affair Mk II. Barcelona are planning to test Liverpool's desire to hang on to Argentine star Javier Mascherano at the end of the season.

Like his fellow countryman Carlos Tevez, Mascherano's transfer rights are owned by Kia Joorabchian's company and Liverpool must pay MSI £20 million if they wish to make Mascherano their own.

With FIFA planning new rules on third-party ownership, Liverpool have stalled in talks, presumably hoping that they will drive a better deal if there are more stringent rules on the practice that was highlighted by Tevez's protracted move from West Ham to Old Trafford.

Barcelona would expect to get Mascherano for less than £20m, but they could yet outbid Liverpool.

And Barca can f*ck right off too!
account deleted by request

Postby tubby » Sun Oct 14, 2007 12:27 pm

Ah there it is. I thought there was a more recent thread than the other one haha

Well its quite simple here really. Fork out the cash required for him whilst hes still wants to play for us. The quicker we do that the less chance there will be for rumors to build up the way we all know they do.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:36 am

Barcelona have moved to play down talk that they are set to make a bid for Liverpool's Javier Mascherano.

Sources at the Catalan giants have insisted that the Argentine is not currently on their list of targets.

It is believed that Mascherano was looked at last season by Barca, before he moved from West Ham to Liverpool.

"There exists no contact with the agents because the player is not on our list of objectives," the source said.

Barca had been strongly linked with a bid for Mascherano - who has stated his desire to sign a new long-term deal at Anfield.
LFC2007

Postby Ace Ventura » Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:36 pm

LFC2007 wrote:Barcelona have moved to play down talk that they are set to make a bid for Liverpool's Javier Mascherano.

Sources at the Catalan giants have insisted that the Argentine is not currently on their list of targets.

It is believed that Mascherano was looked at last season by Barca, before he moved from West Ham to Liverpool.

"There exists no contact with the agents because the player is not on our list of objectives," the source said.

Barca had been strongly linked with a bid for Mascherano - who has stated his desire to sign a new long-term deal at Anfield.

They only signed Yaya Toure in the summer so it would be surprising if they were going to come in with a massive bid for a player in the same position.
Especially as he is not a flair player.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - The Players Lounge