Farewell to sami - A true anfield great

Liverpool Football Club - The Players Lounge

Postby RedBen » Mon May 04, 2009 7:21 pm

NANNY RED wrote:
bavlondon wrote:
Reg wrote:Surely Rafa wouldnt let him go without resolving the Agger contract situation? ???

Agger's already signed a new contract mate.  :)

He hasnt signed it yet Bav :(

AGGER AGREES NEW REDS DEAL

Paul Hassall 02 May 2009

Liverpool defender Daniel Agger has agreed a four-year extension to his current contract, which will see him remain at Anfield until at least 2014.
The 24-year old, who joined the Reds from Brondby in 2006, has played 76 times and scored 6 goals, including his recent spectacular long range effort against Blackburn Rovers.

Agger joins teammates Steven Gerrard and Dirk Kuyt who have recently committed their long term future to the club.

Manager Rafael Benitez said: "This is extremely good news for Liverpool moving forward and demonstrates our intention to build on the progress we have already made this season.

"Daniel is still young, but with great quality and will be a very important player for us in the years ahead.

"I'm sure there were many other clubs monitoring the situation closely, but throughout our discussions, Daniel made it clear that he wanted to stay at Liverpool and achieve success here.

"I'm delighted we've secured his future at Anfield."

This is from the official site, Nanny, I don't think they would put it on if it wasn't true  :)
RedBen
LFC Super Member

Postby NANNY RED » Mon May 04, 2009 7:28 pm

I seen that Ben the other day but reading this ok everything looks agreed but Agger says himself nothing is signed yet

Daniel Agger's relief at new Liverpool FC contract
May 4 2009 by Tony Barrett, Liverpool Echo

Daniel Agger, Liverpool FC

DANIEL Agger today told of his relief that the doubts surrounding his future at Anfield are set to come to an end.

The Danish defender has not yet put pen to paper on a new contract but, as revealed in Friday’s ECHO, he has agreed terms on a four year deal which if fulfilled will see him remain with Liverpool until at least 2014.

Agger celebrated the impending signing of his new contract with a characteristically composed performance at the heart of Liverpool’s defence in yesterday’s 3-0 romp against Newcastle and afterwards he revealed his delight that his future is about to be resolved.

And the 24-year-old cites the faith that Rafa Benitez has placed in him as one of the main reasons why he is extending his stay.

“We are close now and of course I would be happy to stay at Liverpool because it is what I’ve been working for for the last few years,” he said.

“I haven’t signed yet but we have agreed some things and we are close.

“Everybody has been in this kind of situation and you know how hard it can be.

“So that has been frustrating but I have kept on working and we are close now.

“It’s important as a player to have the faith of your manager because if you don’t have that then you’re probably not at the right club.”

1 2 next

Hurry up Danny lad get the pen on the paper just a little sqiggle thats all it takes
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedBen » Mon May 04, 2009 7:29 pm

Didn't know about that, thanks Nanny
RedBen
LFC Super Member

Postby Gerrard30391 » Mon May 04, 2009 7:30 pm

I like RedRoots haven't had the pleasure of witnessing some of LFC's true greats that have graced the Anfield turf, but i have had the pleasure of witnessing Sami first hand. He's the true footballer and person. 100% to the cause. I'm very sad to see him go....but he will get the good bye he deserves from the Anfield faithful, guaranteed. I don't think LFC has seen the last of hum, and i say this with hope and expectation. Thanks for the memories Sami.

Good luck
YNWA

:(
"I certainly wouldn't say I'm the best manager in the business, but I'm in the top one."
Gerrard30391
LFC Super Member

Postby fivecups » Mon May 04, 2009 7:36 pm

Ohhh Sami Sami!
Sami Sami Sami Hyypia!

Best money ever spent.

Legend. Sorry he didn't stay on in a coaching capacity. Personally I'd have given him a 2 year contract if he would have taken it.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Mon May 04, 2009 7:48 pm

Gutted he's going to be honest . Best defender we've had at the club since Hansen and Lawrenson . Proper legend . Good luck Sami lad .

Spurs last day of the season = Sami hyypia day.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Liverpool KAIGELS » Mon May 04, 2009 8:13 pm

Its going to be empty not seeing him at Liverpool , and awfully weird seeing him play for another team . He's a legend , an insipiration . GOOD LUCK SAMI ..!!!

Owhh god , just wish we could win the league then he would have achived everything here before he leaves .
Liverpool KAIGELS

Postby fivecups » Mon May 04, 2009 8:18 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:Gutted he's going to be honest . Best defender we've had at the club since Hansen and Lawrenson . Proper legend . Good luck Sami lad .

Spurs last day of the season = Sami hyypia day.

I f'ucked this game up on the PTS. Have flights booked but no tickets. Trying general sale tomorrow. Mates going to lynch me  :( .
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Mon May 04, 2009 8:39 pm

Doesn't feel like 10 years, does it? I remember watching him for his first game in a pre-season friendly and I knew instantly we'd found an absolute cracking player. He was the one that stood out with other signings that season like Camera and the rest. It's sad, yes; but I'm not too surprised about it, really. I'd always felt that this was his last season. His lack of games for us was telling, and Sami is far too good of a pro to linger and not be playing games. I hope he comes back to Anfield as a backing staff. I'm sure he will.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mighty mo » Mon May 04, 2009 9:22 pm

sorry to see him go............ he was the guy that finally stopped the rot of bad defenders at liverpool we had from souness and evens era's............ a true legend...leverkusen have bagged a top top defenders............ german league will be a cake walk for him.......... the strikers there are not that special and the game is slower than the english game......... hope he comes back to liverpool in a coaching role
mighty mo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby TheLad » Mon May 04, 2009 11:19 pm

I wish all the best, Sami. Thanks for everything. The Kop will never forget you!
TheLad
LFC Super Member

Postby Greavesie » Mon May 04, 2009 11:26 pm

I posted my sentiments in the centre backs thread

Sami is easily the best £2.5m spent over the last decade. He stands for everything this club is about, a proper no nonsense LFC defender. Even 10 years on, he is still reliable and he shown that this season. Great player and will always be remember. Hope he gets his testimonial, its the least he deserves for his time at LFC.

Wasn't expecting this today if I'm honest. Hopefully he'll return one day as a coach, and what a great coach he would be! :)
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue May 05, 2009 12:18 am

i think we should give him the same send off William II did at his last game....click
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Tue May 05, 2009 12:23 am

very very disapointed to hear this sad news, what a great servant to this club and on his day is still our best centre back, ill be very sad to him go but wish all the best for the future.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ConnO'var » Tue May 05, 2009 1:16 am

Wonderful, wonderful player and servant of the club. This news is bad for us but good for Sammi. A true professional as can be seen from the desire to continue playing regularly.... no one can begrudge him that.

Will be sorely missed.
Good Luck Sammi and you'll never walk alone.
ConnO'var

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - The Players Lounge