Great news - Murphy on his way out, 2 new players in

Liverpool Football Club - The Players Lounge

Postby banana » Sat Aug 07, 2004 7:21 pm

If this is true then Benitez is starting to push all the right buttons. Murphy has never made it for me. His lack of pace, flair, balance, determination and drive has really upset me at times. He has played well against poor sides, but always gone missing when the big guns comes with their fast and fluid passing game. Benitez' Valencia side were full of athletic players with plenty of skills. Murphy doesn't fit that category and will now be sold. Also him being English will probably increase his market value, strange as it seems. Maybe £ 1,5 million pounds? It is saturday night, and I will buy myself an extra pint of lager since this makes me very happy. I can't wait to see who Benitez brings in instead of Murphy. Maybe that much needed right Winger and a creative midfielder?
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby Rafa » Sat Aug 07, 2004 7:23 pm

where has this come from?

I agree wiv u though too, although Murphy can play well, some of his performances stink. But says on LFC site Murphy cant wait to get started and show his worth. So looks like he may be stayin?
He comes from Spain and he doesn't speak good English,
But we don't care cos he'll turn us into winners,
The European Cup will be ours before he's finished,
Raaaaafaa Benitez!
Rafa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby banana » Sat Aug 07, 2004 7:32 pm

After todays training Murphy had a talk with Benitez. Rafa told him that he was about to sign two new players and Murphy had no future at Anfield. He was told that Spurs, Charlton and, believe it or not, Everton wanted his services, and Liverpool had accepted their offers. The transfers (Murphy out, 2 new in) will take place before the season starts next week. After the meeting Murphy told his teammates that he was going to leave Liverpool. The source is as far as I know reliable. Dave Usher I think?
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby supersub » Sat Aug 07, 2004 7:57 pm

rubbish story
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby 72-1090627431 » Sat Aug 07, 2004 7:59 pm

If he aint going right now, it wont take long for Benitez to find out what a rubbish player and liability he is to the team, from his performances from the start of the season.

I dont care what anyone says, you cant teach an old dog new tricks, he aint gonna improve that much, apart from taking penalties...useless!
72-1090627431

Postby Sean » Sat Aug 07, 2004 8:01 pm

I'll always have respect for Murphy given his goals against Manure and his commitment to the club but or all that we won't win the premiership if hes in our first 11 every week.  He has been a grafter for us but we need something more to win titles.
Every Single Ball
Sean
LFC Super Member

Postby 72-1090627431 » Sat Aug 07, 2004 8:14 pm

i agree with that, but most of his goals are pens, but he is average at best
72-1090627431

Postby lakes10 » Sat Aug 07, 2004 10:21 pm

i like Murphy he shows guts and how do we beat man u without him lol
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby madred » Sat Aug 07, 2004 10:26 pm

Complete nonsense. Danny has come out and stated that he thinks he is playing for his anfield career this year and he fears that if he doesnt perform he will be shown the exit door. Any one who says Danny should be sold now and not given the chance to shine again under Rafa is just being too harsh on the lad.
madred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sat Aug 07, 2004 10:45 pm

******, arguementative, childish wind up of a post. Support your LOCAL side and F**K OFF!!!!

If theres ever a post designed to wind us all up its this one. Stop being bloody stupid about English players lad. The reason English players are so ****** expensive is because suprisingly we are in ENGLAND and you need a core of ENGLISH talent to be successful.

You think bringing in some foreign mercanary is gonna improve the squad? Get real.

Players like Murphy and Carragher are exactly what are needed to win the championship. Do you honestly think Butt and the Nevilles are better players? Get real!

They aren't, they are local lads that have always come in and gave 100% and never let the side down and are reasons the mancs are so successful. The same with our lads.

What people these days don't realise is as well as a crop of outsanding individuals you also need squad players and then you also need players with LOCAL PRIDE who know what it means to play for clubs. Hence the reason Chelsea and Arsenal have never been "GREAT" sides. They've never been able to produce enough young talent.

If you think selling players like Murphy, Carragher, Owen, Gerrard is good business then you clearly do not know your football.
115-1073096938

Postby barnesrush » Sat Aug 07, 2004 10:56 pm

thanks for clearing that up stu.........

seriously tho good point. shame alot of people think good teams have to be made from great names
cut me and i bleed red
barnesrush

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sat Aug 07, 2004 11:34 pm

barnesrush...

It just annoys me when people post ****** like this.

"Yay a Liverpool fan is leaving the club".
115-1073096938

Postby barnesrush » Sat Aug 07, 2004 11:58 pm

shows a complete lack of perspective dont it
cut me and i bleed red
barnesrush

Postby Starbridge42 » Sun Aug 08, 2004 12:13 am

It certainly does, I've always thought Murphey trys very hard and thats something that a lot of players don't do.  He may not be the greatest player if all time but then who is? (thats playing at the moment)
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby barnesrush » Sun Aug 08, 2004 12:17 am

the guys got talent just looks nackered all the time... im gonna try and meet his wife joanna taylor and cause a bit of marital unrest :D  :D ..............its for the greater good  :p
cut me and i bleed red
barnesrush

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - The Players Lounge