Great news - Murphy on his way out, 2 new players in

Liverpool Football Club - The Players Lounge

Postby Sean » Sun Aug 08, 2004 12:53 pm

I agree with Stu that for us to be successful we need a core of local lads in the squad.  Gerrard, Owen & Carra fit the bill but Murphy just simply isn't good enough.
Every Single Ball
Sean
LFC Super Member

Postby Lord Lucan » Sun Aug 08, 2004 2:30 pm

Oh dear stus rather quiet! Nice hit banana lol
    still think its good business, hes an average player not a whole lot more, i personally like the guy always comes over well and seems genuinely nice fella, but hey hes been here seven years and only plusses ive read on this topic are couple of goals against manure and penalty taker who occasionly slots a good through ball. Anyway good luck Danny.
"If Everton were playing at the bottom of the garden, I'd pull the curtains." Bill Shankly
Lord Lucan

Postby hawkmoon269 » Sun Aug 08, 2004 2:35 pm

Some people need to wipe the egg of their faces this morning!!! :D  :D  :D
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stapo1000 » Sun Aug 08, 2004 3:36 pm

i think murphy does have what it takes. does anyone know how highly cisse rates him?... very
Steve Gerrard Gerrard,
He'll pass the ball 40 yards,
He's quick and he's f*cking hard,
Steve Gerrard Gerrard.
stapo1000
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby barnesrush » Sun Aug 08, 2004 4:00 pm

i agree stapo but its interesting to see whos brought in
cut me and i bleed red
barnesrush

Postby whylongball? » Sun Aug 08, 2004 5:24 pm

the boss should have someone in mind to bring in to replace Murphy but the lad is really not bad and he does try hard for the team.
whylongball?

Postby whylongball? » Sun Aug 08, 2004 5:37 pm

to banana, who do u know the boss would bring in? :D
whylongball?

Postby stapo1000 » Sun Aug 08, 2004 5:40 pm

well, it looks like hes off but it would've been interesting to see how he linked up with cisse. he DID set up both his goals against celtic. I'm sure rafa knows who hes bringing in instead of murphy now-if he didnt who would we put in at right mid with smicer injuries.
Steve Gerrard Gerrard,
He'll pass the ball 40 yards,
He's quick and he's f*cking hard,
Steve Gerrard Gerrard.
stapo1000
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Voices from Yates » Sun Aug 08, 2004 5:59 pm

Yeh,
Murphy seemed to be in sync with Cisse.I guess we now have the anticipation of waiting for the new boys. There has to be a replacement announcement in the next couple of days, as we are currently short in the middle.

:;):
Go Red or go home
Voices from Yates

Postby Paul C » Sun Aug 08, 2004 6:11 pm

I've always been unsure about Murphy, he has blow hot and cold for me, I don't want to start slating the lad cos I'm not here for that but I think £3m is good business and I think Beni will spen the money wisely as he did with the little he had at Valencia.  Personally I think he is putting the £3m towards Aimar :p
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Aug 08, 2004 7:51 pm

Murphy will still be here when the season starts and he will be in the first 11.

it seems 90% certain he's out next week to spurs
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby banana » Sun Aug 08, 2004 9:47 pm

Whylongball; I do not know who Benitez is going to bring in. I only know that Benitez watched the friendly game between Everton and sociedad this week. Both Gravesen and Xabi Alonso featured in that game. Xabi Alonso is a young spanish international while Gravesen is a very good all round midfielder. Looking at Benitez midfield signings in Valencia suggests that he will go for athletic players with god ball control and creativity. I knew that Murphy was leaving yesterday. I had spoken to some guys with really good connections. Some people, like Stu, could not accept this and they had a swing at me. Today these guys have been hiding in their shells.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby supersub » Sun Aug 08, 2004 10:26 pm

Good call banana
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby barnesrush » Sun Aug 08, 2004 10:29 pm

i hope u dont mean me??? :D
cut me and i bleed red
barnesrush

Postby banana » Sun Aug 08, 2004 10:51 pm

No problem barnesrush and Stu and all others. I forgive you all. Last night some of you said "Players like Murphy and Carragher are exactly what are needed to win the championship." Well now one of those two are gone. I accept that people believe in Murphy and Carra, but they have been around for many years and we have not won the championship with them yet. 30 points off the pace and you think our players are championship material?  The time is now, and Benitez is our saviour. We have slipped, just admit it. We have become accustomed to supporting second rate players like Murphy, Scales, Dicks, Diao, Cheyrou etc. Well not anymore. Benitez will act in the best interest of the team. He will clean up Houllier's mess. And make no mistake, he will sign exciting players, he will play fluid attacking football, he will make Anfield into a fortress once again and he will win the premiership for us.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - The Players Lounge