Great news - Murphy on his way out, 2 new players in

Liverpool Football Club - The Players Lounge

Postby adayinthelife » Sun Aug 08, 2004 12:19 am

banana wrote:He has played well against poor sides, but always gone missing when the big guns comes with their fast and fluid passing game.

The poor lad scores the winner against the scum 3 years in a row which I doubt any Liverpool player had ever done before him and yet that counts for nothing ???

Alot of bollox on this forum lately as in 1 thread it's about how weak our squad is and the next is great news Murphy 1 of our most versatile midfielders is going ???

I suppose you people would prefer biscan or diao alongside Gerrard ???

I am not suggesting Murphy should be an automatic starter as hopefully Benitez will buy 2 midfielders but he would be ideal to have on the bench.

Benitez has already said how important the local lads are to the club so I reckon he is staying and your joy will be short lived. :)
Smith to Shankly:My thigh is a bit sore,but I think I could play.
Shankly to Fagan:Tell him,Joe.He has got no chance of playing.
Smith to Fagan:Tell him to sod off.It is not his leg,it's mine.
Shankly to Smith:Oh no son.You are wrong,son.It is not your leg.
It is Liverpool Football Club's leg.
adayinthelife
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby banana » Sun Aug 08, 2004 12:39 am

My post included 1) Murphy will be sold, and 2) this will make it possible to sign new players. Some of you seem to be caught up in the first part of my post only. It is a fantastic move by Rafa if he raises money from selling squad players and buys players that strenghtens the team. And for what I have seen so far Benitez is pulling all the right strings. He loans out players that he don't need or players that need first team experience, he sells underperformers, he gave every player a chance to prove their worth, he has a clear strategy and gameplan which he practices in training, he plays players in their natural positions, he doesn't rush into the transfer market and buys overvalued players. And so on and so on. For me this is quality management.

I do not care if Murphy is sold or if he lingers in the reserves.  He is not part of Rafa's plans. Period. What did you expect from Rafa? Did you expect him to continue with Houllier's poor signings and defensive style? Or did you think he would make some changes? Be realistic, money do not grow on trees. We are strapped financially, we have to sell players to raise money for new aquisitions.  Murphy is a decent squad player, yes. But he is not champions league material, no. Would you rather sell Gerrard or Kewell to raise this cash? Think not. Would you sell your soul to some chinese or thai corrupt businessman and politician. Hopefully not. Fact is: Murphy has been part of one of Liverpool poorest teams over the past 30 years. Why has Liverpool been so poor. Has it something to do with the players, yes. Should we sell some players, yes. Should we buy some better players, yes. The question I am asking to some of you guys in this forum; do you wan't to win prizes, or do you like it as it is? Are you as ambitious as I am, or are you caught up 30 points behind Gunners? Do you wan't to build teams that accomodate poor performers, or not? In my opinion Murphy and many others should have been sold years ago. If you look at top teams like Real Madrid, Barcelona, Juventus etc.. they will not accept second best. In all these teams underperforming players have short careers. Should we compare Liverpool to these teams, or should we look to Birmingham, Murcia, Bastia and Rapid Vienna? "Win or die" or " Win, draw, lose first to the bar for booze?" To be or not to be, that is still the question.

So Mr. Stu and Mr. Barnesrush and all others. Have you already lost faith in Benitez? Don't you trust him to take us back to the top where we belong? Don't you think he is acting in Liverpool's best interest when he offloads Murphy and Diouf? If not, give him a call and ask for his resignation. Don't come around here taking your frustration out on me. If you dig Murphy that bad, call Rafa up and ask him to give him more time. Or pray to god almighty that he gives Murphy a new pair of legs. For that's what he is going to need if he wants to play it Rafa style.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby 72-1090627431 » Sun Aug 08, 2004 12:53 am

stu_the_red wrote:******, arguementative, childish wind up of a post. Support your LOCAL side and F**K OFF!!!!

If theres ever a post designed to wind us all up its this one. Stop being bloody stupid about English players lad. The reason English players are so ****** expensive is because suprisingly we are in ENGLAND and you need a core of ENGLISH talent to be successful.

You think bringing in some foreign mercanary is gonna improve the squad? Get real.

Players like Murphy and Carragher are exactly what are needed to win the championship. Do you honestly think Butt and the Nevilles are better players? Get real!

They aren't, they are local lads that have always come in and gave 100% and never let the side down and are reasons the mancs are so successful. The same with our lads.

What people these days don't realise is as well as a crop of outsanding individuals you also need squad players and then you also need players with LOCAL PRIDE who know what it means to play for clubs. Hence the reason Chelsea and Arsenal have never been "GREAT" sides. They've never been able to produce enough young talent.

If you think selling players like Murphy, Carragher, Owen, Gerrard is good business then you clearly do not know your football.

Stu you just made yourself look silly again!

You dont need any core of English talent to be successful, look at Arsenal!

Players like Murphy and Carra are what we need to win the title?

Well Murphy has been there for 7 years and carra longer! we havne tlooked like winning the title in that time. Are you saying they will somehow increase their ability?

What a load of Tosh.

The reason we HAVENT won the title , is cause of those in our side!

Danny MUrphy is playing for a new contract this season, but youll see how rubbish he plays on the pitch in matches, cause that is all he can give! mark my words he is poo.

your saying butt and the nevilles are not better players Stu, so why have they got championship winners medals then? about 4/5 each? ???

You really are THICK!
72-1090627431

Postby barnesrush » Sun Aug 08, 2004 1:02 am

stu_the_red wrote:Players like Murphy and Carragher are exactly what are needed to win the championship. Do you honestly think Butt and the Nevilles are better players? Get real!

They aren't, they are local lads that have always come in and gave 100% and never let the side down and are reasons the mancs are so successful. The same with our lads.

agree with that stu and dont see how anyone calling thereselves a liverpool supporter can hold any different view about neville and bro ltd
cut me and i bleed red
barnesrush

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sun Aug 08, 2004 1:16 am

Stu you just made yourself look silly again!

You dont need any core of English talent to be successful, look at Arsenal!

Players like Murphy and Carra are what we need to win the title?

Well Murphy has been there for 7 years and carra longer! we havne tlooked like winning the title in that time. Are you saying they will somehow increase their ability?

What a load of Tosh.

The reason we HAVENT won the title , is cause of those in our side!

Danny MUrphy is playing for a new contract this season, but youll see how rubbish he plays on the pitch in matches, cause that is all he can give! mark my words he is poo.

your saying butt and the nevilles are not better players Stu, so why have they got championship winners medals then? about 4/5 each?

You really are THICK!

Last season it was Parlour, Campbell and Cole... you think Arsenal would have won the title without those three players? Beg to differ but i seriously doubt it.

Also the fact that the Nevilles and Butt had been in the same side as Keane, Giggs, Scholes, Yorke, RvN, Beckham, Stam, Ferdinand and Schmeichal etc at some point over the last 10 years.... do you think that might have something to do with the fact that they have so many medals?

By your logic that makes Neville a better player than Gerrard, Cole a better player than Owen, Phillip Neville better than Riise... do you honestly believe that?

Get a clue... or ****** off, no-one likes you, no-one cares. You're a stupid egotistical gobsh**e
115-1073096938

Postby banana » Sun Aug 08, 2004 1:18 am

My post included 1) Murphy will be sold, and 2) this will make it possible to sign new players. Some of you seem to be caught up in the first part of my post only. It is a fantastic move by Rafa if he raises money from selling squad players and buys players that strenghtens the team. And for what I have seen so far Benitez is pulling all the right strings. He loans out players that he don't need or players that need first team experience, he sells underperformers, he gave every player a chance to prove their worth, he has a clear strategy and gameplan which he practices in training, he plays players in their natural positions, he doesn't rush into the transfer market and buys overvalued players. And so on and so on. For me this is quality management.

I do not care if Murphy is sold or if he lingers in the reserves.  He is not part of Rafa's plans. Period. What did you expect from Rafa? Did you expect him to continue with Houllier's poor signings and defensive style? Or did you think he would make some changes? Be realistic, money do not grow on trees. We are strapped financially, we have to sell players to raise money for new aquisitions.  Murphy is a decent squad player, yes. But he is not champions league material, no. Would you rather sell Gerrard or Kewell to raise this cash? Think not. Would you sell your soul to some chinese or thai corrupt businessman and politician. Hopefully not. Fact is: Murphy has been part of one of Liverpool poorest teams over the past 30 years. Why has Liverpool been so poor. Has it something to do with the players, yes. Should we sell some players, yes. Should we buy some better players, yes. The question I am asking to some of you guys in this forum; do you wan't to win prizes, or do you like it as it is? Are you as ambitious as I am, or are you caught up 30 points behind Gunners? Do you wan't to build teams that accomodate poor performers, or not? In my opinion Murphy and many others should have been sold years ago. If you look at top teams like Real Madrid, Barcelona, Juventus etc.. they will not accept second best. In all these teams underperforming players have short careers. Should we compare Liverpool to these teams, or should we look to Birmingham, Murcia, Bastia and Rapid Vienna? "Win or die" or " Win, draw, lose first to the bar for booze?" To be or not to be, that is still the question.

So Mr. Stu and Mr. Barnesrush and all others. Have you already lost faith in Benitez? Don't you trust him to take us back to the top where we belong? Don't you think he is acting in Liverpool's best interest when he offloads Murphy and Diouf? If not, give him a call and ask for his resignation. Don't come around here taking your frustration out on me. If you dig Murphy that bad, call Rafa up and ask him to give him more time. Or pray to god almighty that he gives Murphy a new pair of legs. For that's what he is going to need if he wants to play it Rafa style.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sun Aug 08, 2004 1:25 am

I ignored your post because it was ******. It didn't improve the second time around. Your provocative tone and wind people up attitude by being happy about genuine Liverpool fans leaving is annoying. You aren't a true supporter.

If he leaves he leaves, Benitez will replace him. But Benitez isn't stupid enough to let the only player in the squad who's consistently capable of playing superb through balls go without having a replacement.

Murphy will still be here when the season starts and he will be in the first 11.
115-1073096938

Postby banana » Sun Aug 08, 2004 1:38 am

1)I ignored your post because it was ******. It didn't improve the second time around.

I accept you opinion, but I disagree.

2) Your provocative tone and wind people up attitude by being happy about genuine Liverpool fans leaving is annoying.

I am happy because Benitez is strenghtening the team. Selling Diouf and Murphy makes this possible. Genuine fans should always put the clubs best interest before any single player.

3) You aren't a true supporter.

Why not? And who are you to judge. I did not mean to provoce you. And I do not see why you take everything so personally. Two months ago you wholehartedly defended Houllier and wanted to kill everyone that wanted him to be sacked. Now it is deja vu Murphy style. Houllier left, and this has already lifted the club. Murphy will make room for new players, and this will strenghten the squad. Cool down for a few weeks and come back after Murphy have been sold and after Rafa has bought his new players. Then tell me that you'd rather have Murphy back instead of Rafa's guys.

4) But Benitez isn't stupid enough to let the only player in the squad who's consistently capable of playing superb through balls go without having a replacement.

I have seen Gerrard and others play superb through balls as well. This is simply not true. And the lack of creative players is not Murphy's strenght, it is Liverpool's weakness. I also wrote that Benitez has two replacements lined up.

5) Murphy will still be here when the season starts and he will be in the first 11.

Only time will tell. But do not expect to win medals if he is.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby barnesrush » Sun Aug 08, 2004 1:40 am

murphys final ball has always been superior to gerrards whos isnt bad either
cut me and i bleed red
barnesrush

Postby begintoend » Sun Aug 08, 2004 7:19 am

The greater picture will be not selling Murphy.

Smicer is injured. We need Murphy for cover to that, meaning he will get more 1st team chances.

I am sure Benitez has noticed the weakness of our players and gradually is working to correct them. This will be further enhanced by playing new tactics that he will introduce. These players like Murphy, who is hust average may turn out to be efficient in their new role. The team needs to play well, not the individual. Just trust Benitez to do it guys.
begintoend
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby banana » Sun Aug 08, 2004 11:12 am

What now guys. Do you still not believe me? This is a fine day for LFC. Murphy and Diouf, two new players in. So Stu do you still believe Murphy will be in the first 11? Don't kill the messenger. That's all.

+++ strong roumors suggests that Xabi Alonso could be Murphy's replacement.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby azriahmad » Sun Aug 08, 2004 11:42 am

Whoever is rumoured to be sold and if it were true (has been reported in the BBC website with Liverpool reporting that the bid has been accepted), I will stand by Rafa's decision as long as it is not Gerrard.

Murphy is a very hard working player. He is good at set pieces and scored a couple of winners against manure.

However, he is also slow and is not the greatest of passers, even if his final through ball pass completion statistics are better than Gerrard, Gerrard has other qualities which makes him more important to Liverpool than Murphy.

So stu or barnesrush, don't get too upset if he were sold and the replacements meet the required criteria of having better passing abilities and more speed. I know you guys are passionate fans.

Let's just wish him all the best and thank him for his contributions to LFC.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Sun Aug 08, 2004 11:49 am

Liverpool have accepted a bid from Tottenham for Danny Murphy.
Spurs have offered in the region of £3m for the services of the 27-year-old England international.

Liverpool head of press Ian Cotton said: "I can confirm that Liverpool have accepted an offer from Tottenham Hotspur for Danny Murphy."
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Sun Aug 08, 2004 12:15 pm

I don't mind they are to sell Murphy despite his massive contribution to our club (again, he was a midfield 2nd top-scorer in the last EPL and the 1st midfield top-scorer in the previous season, not to mention he scored some vital goals). I only feel a bit bothered as it happens at situation where we cry for more quality players, particularly additional midfielders. I believe Rafa will bring in more productive players for his leaving. Maybe it's difficult for him to at least equalize Danny's stats (mentioned above), but he should at least be able to contribute in any other ways e.g. assisting strikers to create more goals or working well with the defense to minimize goals conceded)
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby akumaface » Sun Aug 08, 2004 12:41 pm

I think it would make me feel better if we get the players we wanted before we dispatch Murphy because as fans, we see the team is getting thinner everyday. I understand we need to get rid of some player first for financial purposes but unless a deal is seal, it would be risky. I hope Rafa had already secured someone before he agrees to the transfer. In addition, its not like we have much time till the seasons start and this might affect the teams spirit or morale. It also takes time for the team to gel. ???
akumaface
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - The Players Lounge