Great news - Murphy on his way out, 2 new players in

Liverpool Football Club - The Players Lounge

Postby barnesrush » Sun Aug 08, 2004 11:16 pm

sorry but murphy is not in the same class as those players you mentioned banana
cut me and i bleed red
barnesrush

Postby Voices from Yates » Sun Aug 08, 2004 11:23 pm

Next time you get a rumour, go straight to the front of the bus.Banana,your connections are A1.
Go Red or go home
Voices from Yates

Postby barnesrush » Sun Aug 08, 2004 11:41 pm

theres a poll in the players louge after 30 odd votes with only 4 votes saying murphy isnt good enough for us. theres no need to forgive me banana im just expressing my views on the matter which i fully stand by
cut me and i bleed red
barnesrush

Postby Dalglish » Mon Aug 09, 2004 12:48 am

Well well well, Banana becomes top banana for once for his "rumour mill" revelation last night . Enjoy the moment mate , they don't happen so often  :D

I think Stu and perhaps a few others were perturbed at the style of the post rather than the content to be honest.

I'm quite sad to see Murphy go, he's served us well and maybe it's time for the sake of the player and the club that he departs.

If you check some previous posts of mine and many other peoples to be fair it's been obvious we have wanted a quality right midfielder and I suspect many of us will be a lot happier when we sign someone cos Saturday is looming and we are a bit thin in the midfield. An injury or suspension in midfield and we will be considering Biscan and Daio  ??? Quite a combo those two, one can't pass the ball tnad the other can't tackle !!!!
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ivor_the_injun » Mon Aug 09, 2004 2:41 am

It's a bit too early for goodbyes, thank yous and everything, but the last thing people on this site should be doing is p*ssing all over Murphy after he had a poor season last year. He was not alone in this, as has been covered in detail over the last 6 months.

For me he's always been a technically excellent player that's always suffered when passes start going astray, and particularly when he's been in a losing side. If Spurs do sign him for the money quoted, they've done some very, very good business. Now that he's free from the pressure of trying to look good next to Gerrard, it wouldn't surprise me one bit if he put a bit of form together and got himself back into the England reckoning once more.

Personally? I'd be sad to see him go. With his goals against the Mancs in recent years, he's been responsible for some of the highlights of some very mundane seasons, and he'll always get raucous applause from me, whoever he ends up playing for. Yes, it's sad to see homegrown talent leave, but if Benitez is going to have him warming the bench or in the reserves with no real prospect of getting first team action, I'd much rather he got a chance to shine elsewhere.
ivor_the_injun

Postby Voices from Yates » Mon Aug 09, 2004 2:45 am

The Guardian claim LFC are after Alonso(early am August 9) :;):
Go Red or go home
Voices from Yates

Postby mistyred » Mon Aug 09, 2004 2:51 am

I also like Spud alot and will be sad to see him go specially as he was saying how frustrated that under GH he played hardly any games last season.

Good Pen taker,Good free Kick Taker,Good at seeing short defence splitting passes.

Hope Rafa has a good Replacement and i wish Spud all the luck in the world.
As Spud although critisised alot worked his nuts off for LFC and was Unsung in my opinion,But times move on and im sure we will get better because of it.

Walk On.
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby whylongball? » Mon Aug 09, 2004 5:30 am

i think Murphy wasnt handled/trained properly..i see him as a player of some where between good and very good category. Only if he could improve his fitness....Anyway, all the best for him!!
and to banana, qualityrumour :D
whylongball?

Postby desperado0831 » Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:54 am

keep murphy and kick out pairs of senegal......

becoz i think we can get more $$$ after selling them...maybe 7-9 m for both....hehe
Reds is the sacred colour before this world was born.

desperado0831

Postby banana » Sun Nov 14, 2004 4:12 pm

stu_the_red wrote:My post included 1)
BANANA SAID
Murphy will be sold, and 2) this will make it possible to sign new players. Some of you seem to be caught up in the first part of my post only. It is a fantastic move by Rafa if he raises money from selling squad players and buys players that strenghtens the team. And for what I have seen so far Benitez is pulling all the right strings. He loans out players that he don't need or players that need first team experience, he sells underperformers, he gave every player a chance to prove their worth, he has a clear strategy and gameplan which he practices in training, he plays players in their natural positions, he doesn't rush into the transfer market and buys overvalued players. And so on and so on. For me this is quality management.

I do not care if Murphy is sold or if he lingers in the reserves.  He is not part of Rafa's plans. Period. What did you expect from Rafa? Did you expect him to continue with Houllier's poor signings and defensive style? Or did you think he would make some changes? Be realistic, money do not grow on trees. We are strapped financially, we have to sell players to raise money for new aquisitions.  Murphy is a decent squad player, yes. But he is not champions league material, no. Would you rather sell Gerrard or Kewell to raise this cash? Think not. Would you sell your soul to some chinese or thai corrupt businessman and politician. Hopefully not. Fact is: Murphy has been part of one of Liverpool poorest teams over the past 30 years. Why has Liverpool been so poor. Has it something to do with the players, yes. Should we sell some players, yes. Should we buy some better players, yes. The question I am asking to some of you guys in this forum; do you wan't to win prizes, or do you like it as it is? Are you as ambitious as I am, or are you caught up 30 points behind Gunners? Do you wan't to build teams that accomodate poor performers, or not? In my opinion Murphy and many others should have been sold years ago. If you look at top teams like Real Madrid, Barcelona, Juventus etc.. they will not accept second best. In all these teams underperforming players have short careers. Should we compare Liverpool to these teams, or should we look to Birmingham, Murcia, Bastia and Rapid Vienna? "Win or die" or " Win, draw, lose first to the bar for booze?" To be or not to be, that is still the question.

So Mr. Stu and Mr. Barnesrush and all others. Have you already lost faith in Benitez? Don't you trust him to take us back to the top where we belong? Don't you think he is acting in Liverpool's best interest when he offloads Murphy and Diouf? If not, give him a call and ask for his resignation. Don't come around here taking your frustration out on me. If you dig Murphy that bad, call Rafa up and ask him to give him more time. Or pray to god almighty that he gives Murphy a new pair of legs. For that's what he is going to need if he wants to play it Rafa style.

STU SAID
I ignored your post because it was ******. It didn't improve the second time around. Your provocative tone and wind people up attitude by being happy about genuine Liverpool fans leaving is annoying. You aren't a true supporter.

If he leaves he leaves, Benitez will replace him. But Benitez isn't stupid enough to let the only player in the squad who's consistently capable of playing superb through balls go without having a replacement.

Murphy will still be here when the season starts and he will be in the first 11.

A good read. After this Stu went hiding in his shell and left the board for two weeks?

Now that Baros starts scoring goals for fun and Murphy's replacement (Alonso) shines. Will Stu leave this board again?

Why am I posting this? Well let's say it is my way to repay Stu for his verbal abuse of other board members. This should stop.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sun Nov 14, 2004 5:20 pm

How is this repaying me?

All you're doing is making yourself look a bigger t!t than you already are.

Do you really think i'm upset that we have a potentially world class player in Alonso and Baros is doing well? ???

What a stain... :kungfu:

Just to add a little extra, Murphy was sold for £2.5m and Alonso signed for £10.7m, Murphy played most (about 90%) of his career on the right side of midfield. Xabi plays in the centre, how is Alonso his replacement? Does that mean Josemi is replacing Heskey?.... :D
Last edited by 115-1073096938 on Sun Nov 14, 2004 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
115-1073096938

Postby E7. » Tue Nov 16, 2004 12:38 am

banana wrote:
stu_the_red wrote:My post included 1)
BANANA SAID
Murphy will be sold, and 2) this will make it possible to sign new players. Some of you seem to be caught up in the first part of my post only. It is a fantastic move by Rafa if he raises money from selling squad players and buys players that strenghtens the team. And for what I have seen so far Benitez is pulling all the right strings. He loans out players that he don't need or players that need first team experience, he sells underperformers, he gave every player a chance to prove their worth, he has a clear strategy and gameplan which he practices in training, he plays players in their natural positions, he doesn't rush into the transfer market and buys overvalued players. And so on and so on. For me this is quality management.

I do not care if Murphy is sold or if he lingers in the reserves.  He is not part of Rafa's plans. Period. What did you expect from Rafa? Did you expect him to continue with Houllier's poor signings and defensive style? Or did you think he would make some changes? Be realistic, money do not grow on trees. We are strapped financially, we have to sell players to raise money for new aquisitions.  Murphy is a decent squad player, yes. But he is not champions league material, no. Would you rather sell Gerrard or Kewell to raise this cash? Think not. Would you sell your soul to some chinese or thai corrupt businessman and politician. Hopefully not. Fact is: Murphy has been part of one of Liverpool poorest teams over the past 30 years. Why has Liverpool been so poor. Has it something to do with the players, yes. Should we sell some players, yes. Should we buy some better players, yes. The question I am asking to some of you guys in this forum; do you wan't to win prizes, or do you like it as it is? Are you as ambitious as I am, or are you caught up 30 points behind Gunners? Do you wan't to build teams that accomodate poor performers, or not? In my opinion Murphy and many others should have been sold years ago. If you look at top teams like Real Madrid, Barcelona, Juventus etc.. they will not accept second best. In all these teams underperforming players have short careers. Should we compare Liverpool to these teams, or should we look to Birmingham, Murcia, Bastia and Rapid Vienna? "Win or die" or " Win, draw, lose first to the bar for booze?" To be or not to be, that is still the question.

So Mr. Stu and Mr. Barnesrush and all others. Have you already lost faith in Benitez? Don't you trust him to take us back to the top where we belong? Don't you think he is acting in Liverpool's best interest when he offloads Murphy and Diouf? If not, give him a call and ask for his resignation. Don't come around here taking your frustration out on me. If you dig Murphy that bad, call Rafa up and ask him to give him more time. Or pray to god almighty that he gives Murphy a new pair of legs. For that's what he is going to need if he wants to play it Rafa style.

STU SAID
I ignored your post because it was ******. It didn't improve the second time around. Your provocative tone and wind people up attitude by being happy about genuine Liverpool fans leaving is annoying. You aren't a true supporter.

If he leaves he leaves, Benitez will replace him. But Benitez isn't stupid enough to let the only player in the squad who's consistently capable of playing superb through balls go without having a replacement.

Murphy will still be here when the season starts and he will be in the first 11.

A good read. After this Stu went hiding in his shell and left the board for two weeks?

Now that Baros starts scoring goals for fun and Murphy's replacement (Alonso) shines. Will Stu leave this board again?

Why am I posting this? Well let's say it is my way to repay Stu for his verbal abuse of other board members. This should stop.

You lot make me die. If you don’t like Stu’s posts so much don’t f*cking read them. It’s a forum for f*ck sake. Don’t tell him to shut up just check the name on the side and ignore the post if that’s what you want. Personally I look for his comments first of all. The guys got a pair of balls.
Stu, we more than likely wouldn’t get on in the real world but on here you are a breath of fresh air mate. Keep it up.  :grinning:
E7.

Postby Leonmc0708 » Tue Nov 16, 2004 12:41 am

E7. wrote:You lot make me die.

We can dream  :laugh:
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby E7. » Tue Nov 16, 2004 12:46 am

Leonmc0708 wrote:
E7. wrote:You lot make me die.

We can dream  :laugh:

I wondered who would take me up on that. Full marks.  :D