LIVERPOOL VS BRAGA - 2nd leg 17th Mar 2011 20:05 ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Greavesie » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:38 pm

thats why we need Agger back, he's our only centre back with composure with the ball at his feet. The side we saw tonight isn't our strongest and its missing key players. Serious work needs done over the summer tho
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Kharhaz » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:43 pm

Greavesie wrote:thats why we need Agger back, he's our only centre back with composure with the ball at his feet. The side we saw tonight isn't our strongest and its missing key players. Serious work needs done over the summer tho

I would sell Agger in the summer as well. He is constantly injured, we would do well to cash in on him and bring in a more stable consistent replacement.

Also as far as wishing Braga well, I dont. I hate the portugese style of football. They are dirty cheating b@stards. I remember a while back when we played Boavista, exactly the same tactics as what Braga used tonight. And also what is the point of the extra officials? they dont do anything !?
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedAnt » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:46 pm

I like Agger. We do miss him a LOT. Whenever he plays, we simply seem to play better and more dynamically.

A plus of recent weeks though has been the quietly improving Skrtel. Steve Clarkes influence perhaps? I've also enjoyed the three at the back formation and think we coulda used that tonight. So ya know, bad night tonight to lose to a team who with all due respect should never be stepping out at Anfield (not a slap at Braga, but evidence of just how far we have slipped), but on the whole, chins up still eh? Dunno why but we never got going in this crappy competition all season anyway.

So that's enough venting from me personally tonight :D

*edited to fix typo's.

PS, on the note of opposition, yeah...I don't wish 'em much luck either. Can't forget that lil tw*tt elbowing Carroll, or all the diving and play acting and time wasting. Bad sports. I hope they get owned.
Last edited by RedAnt on Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby Greavesie » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:51 pm

Kharhaz wrote:
Greavesie wrote:thats why we need Agger back, he's our only centre back with composure with the ball at his feet. The side we saw tonight isn't our strongest and its missing key players. Serious work needs done over the summer tho

I would sell Agger in the summer as well. He is constantly injured, we would do well to cash in on him and bring in a more stable consistent replacement.

Also as far as wishing Braga well, I dont. I hate the portugese style of football. They are dirty cheating b@stards. I remember a while back when we played Boavista, exactly the same tactics as what Braga used tonight. And also what is the point of the extra officials? they dont do anything !?

I think cashing in on Agger might be worth thinking about but right now we have a lot to think about in other areas of the park - especially with Pepe's expected departure (speculation I know but I'm ready for it). We shouldn't give ourselves too much to do over the summer, and in true Liverpool fashion, I dont see us acting too quick either :D

We need wingers and a left back first and foremost.
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby only me » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:59 pm

Realisticly ,other then Reina ,Gerrard ,Carrol And Suarez ,You can safely and whole heartly sell the rest. This is such a sad state of affairs that in 2-3 years our squad has been decimated completly by management and managers. We are riddled with injured ,quality less ,clueless inconsistant bunch of of players that it is just impossible to rise up and perform at the highest level.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Kharhaz » Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:04 am

only me wrote:Realisticly ,other then Reina ,Gerrard ,Carrol And Suarez ,You can safely and whole heartly sell the rest. This is such a sad state of affairs that in 2-3 years our squad has been decimated completly by management and managers. We are riddled with injured ,quality less ,clueless inconsistant bunch of of players that it is just impossible to rise up and perform at the highest level.

Pretty hard to disagree with that. Reina is one of the best goalkeepers in the game and on form Gerrard is the best there is. I like Kuyt and Lucas but they can be replaced.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:09 am

Kharhaz wrote:
only me wrote:Realisticly ,other then Reina ,Gerrard ,Carrol And Suarez ,You can safely and whole heartly sell the rest. This is such a sad state of affairs that in 2-3 years our squad has been decimated completly by management and managers. We are riddled with injured ,quality less ,clueless inconsistant bunch of of players that it is just impossible to rise up and perform at the highest level.

Pretty hard to disagree with that. Reina is one of the best goalkeepers in the game and on form Gerrard is the best there is. I like Kuyt and Lucas but they can be replaced.

yep i guess at a given day we can all like a lucas a Meireles and even Hat Trick Kuyt ,but this is just self delusion. Those players, not to mentioned the rest, can't be the backbone of CL team or an EPL contending team ,let's not kid ourselves. I just hope that Kenny sees it and starts planning a deep and massive restructre of the squad.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby brentd4 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:25 am

carroll should hav started on the bench, cos at least if it was 0-0 at 60mins wed hav someone to come off the bench to get the winner, but he was wrecked by then and we where left with ngog, it really showed tonite how lacking in depth our squad is, with r startin 11 on anyone who comes off the bench weakens the side, were as spurs could replace any first teamer with a sub and they dont weaken the side,
and to top it off we need one of the manc scum to win the fa cup just to get into europe next year,,,, not cool,, not fickin cool.

bring on the summer nesv and spend
brentd4

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:38 am

I'm back in the house with  one fucker of a headache ,and I have been rendered virtually speechless  after watching that gutless display . It surely isn't beyond reason to expect players who wear the Liverpool shirt to send out a message to the fans ,I mean you have possibly one of the biggest aerial threats in the game today in Carrol ,,,(who incidentally never lost a header )and there is not one player  with the sense to anticipate the flight of the ball and make the run accordingly ..... Joe Cole made two crosses which had Braga on the backfoot ,and then for some bizarre reason  he simply stopped producing and reverted back to type ??? I honestly don't think I have seen a worse performance from Kuyt ,and Meireles jumped and pranced about more times than the Scissor Sisters ,as for Carragher well we have known for quite some time he is limited with his distribution ,so why the f uck he is given the ball to distribute by Reina on countless occasions truly is an enigma ,and who slipped  Glen Johnson the Temazepam  ..... We played like a pub team earlier and we got exactly what we deserved  :(
So all that remains is for me to neck two Anadin and head for bed ...... Goodnight.... and thank fuck John Henry witnessed that shambles ,big big changes needed and they cant come quickly enough for me
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby alwayslfc » Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:40 am

We sorely missed Stevie G, Agger and Suarez. Without them fully fit and playing at their best, Liverpool is at best an above average side who can cause a few upset results but lose to bottom clubs.

On a positive note, I'd prefer being out of this Europa competition now than get beat in the final so that we can concentrate on the remaining 9 games to savour a bit of pride.

Given the current circumstances Kenny is the best man to be Liverpool manager at the moment and if Mr.Henry has at least 1 brain cell working, he should give KK at least a 3 yr contract for him to overhaul the team in the summer selling all those duds in tonight's match except for Carroll, Meireles, Carragher, Johnson, Pepe (well, I think Pepe will want to go).

The positive things I can say about this season are, new owners, no millions in debt, relegation fear is gone, Kenny is back in charge, potential explosive Suarez Carroll partnership, promising rising stars in the youth academy and the expected signings of a few star signings in the summer.

Cheers, YNWA
alwayslfc

Postby Alex88 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:56 am

I CAN'T BELIEVE IT.

I seen the game. I seen Liverpool go out by EL. I went at my pub, and i have drank.

i'm back now, and i am drunk.

The positive things I can say about this season are, new owners, no millions in debt, relegation fear is gone, Kenny is back in charge, potential explosive Suarez Carroll partnership, promising rising stars in the youth academy and the expected signings of a few star signings in the summer.

YEAH  :buttrock  :buttrock  :buttrock
Alex88

Postby Kenny Kan » Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:14 am

RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:I'm back in the house with  one fucker of a headache ,and I have been rendered virtually speechless  after watching that gutless display . It surely isn't beyond reason to expect players who wear the Liverpool shirt to send out a message to the fans ,I mean you have possibly one of the biggest aerial threats in the game today in Carrol ,,,(who incidentally never lost a header )and there is not one player  with the sense to anticipate the flight of the ball and make the run accordingly ..... Joe Cole made two crosses which had Braga on the backfoot ,and then for some bizarre reason  he simply stopped producing and reverted back to type ??? I honestly don't think I have seen a worse performance from Kuyt ,and Meireles jumped and pranced about more times than the Scissor Sisters ,as for Carragher well we have known for quite some time he is limited with his distribution ,so why the f uck he is given the ball to distribute by Reina on countless occasions truly is an enigma ,and who slipped  Glen Johnson the Temazepam  ..... We played like a pub team earlier and we got exactly what we deserved  :(
So all that remains is for me to neck two Anadin and head for bed ...... Goodnight.... and thank fuck John Henry witnessed that shambles ,big big changes needed and they cant come quickly enough for me

:laugh:
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby ethanr » Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:54 am

Alex88 wrote:I CAN'T BELIEVE IT.

I seen the game. I seen Liverpool go out by EL. I went at my pub, and i have drank.

i'm back now, and i am drunk.

YEAH  :buttrock  :buttrock  :buttrock

Either you don't have the best English, or yes, you are drunk.  :D

Maybe a bit of both.  :p
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby alwayslfc » Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:07 am

ethanr wrote:I couldn't watch the game because I was at work, but was trying to keep up with a gamecast on my phone... It looked like Carroll was the only one getting shots off but they were almost all off target..

How'd Carroll do?  I know the rest of the team was garbage but do we have something to look forward to when Carroll and Suarez finally link up on Sunday?

[quote]

So my fear of us being kicked out of Europa tonight was right, sad to say. I am a die hard 'pool fan for life but I am a realistic fan (perhaps a bit on the pessimistic side sometimes). I knew with the injury and with the available players , it was likely Braga would go through.

I hope my prediction for only a lucky draw/defeat against Sunderland next will be proven wrong.
alwayslfc

Postby Johnny Boy » Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:58 am

The problem with Carragher hoofing it forward all the time, realistically it was the only way we were going to get anything.
With Suarez we would have won, without him we had no pace, no flair, no imagination.

Clearly several players are not good enough, Maxi stands out for me simply has to go, others weren't a lot better and Spearing even though he is a local lad, sorry he is reserve standard.
Nobody on the bench to come on either. Still cannot see why Pacheco doesn't get a chance.

Badly need 4 or 5 better players in the summer.

Thought Wilson did okay.

I didn't actually think Braga were that good, organised yes but over the games we never tested them, and it's that I find more frustrating than anything.
Our Europa League performances overall have been poor, away from home frankly terrible.
Johnny Boy
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games