LIVERPOOL VS BRAGA - 2nd leg 17th Mar 2011 20:05 ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby only me » Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:04 am

Greavesie wrote:Carra needs a good slap off Kenny for the long balls, every time he got the ball I had my head in my hands, he seriously needs to cut it out. I really hope we dont revert to playing that way everytime Carroll plays, its horrible to watch and is ineffective 90% of the time. Hopefully Suarez will make the world of difference, at least we'll see that at the weekend (hopefully they both start)

A bit Hursh on Carra ,Yes i also think his best times are behind him and he should come from the Bench for the future LCF team ,but as to hooofing...oh well he had no other way to get rid of the ball  ,none of our FB and of course none of the MF (Lucas ,Meireles) where open fo the open ,he was stuck with the ball with a Braga player coming at him ,of course he would take the long ball. We have not one good controling MF player and that is why our defensive guys ,which lack skills themselves resort to long balls.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Johnny Boy » Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:58 am

only me wrote:
Greavesie wrote:Carra needs a good slap off Kenny for the long balls, every time he got the ball I had my head in my hands, he seriously needs to cut it out. I really hope we dont revert to playing that way everytime Carroll plays, its horrible to watch and is ineffective 90% of the time. Hopefully Suarez will make the world of difference, at least we'll see that at the weekend (hopefully they both start)

A bit Hursh on Carra ,Yes i also think his best times are behind him and he should come from the Bench for the future LCF team ,but as to hooofing...oh well he had no other way to get rid of the ball  ,none of our FB and of course none of the MF (Lucas ,Meireles) where open fo the open ,he was stuck with the ball with a Braga player coming at him ,of course he would take the long ball. We have not one good controling MF player and that is why our defensive guys ,which lack skills themselves resort to long balls.

Carra is a no nonsense defender. Not a natural footballer.

Against Utd he threw his body on the line countless times to make tackles or block attempts at goal, and was outstanding that day.
His distribution has never been brilliant but he isn't that type of player, last nights long ball tactics were because we had no other options available.

He needs to play with a proper footballer who is good on the ball, like Agger - but he is always injured.

Definitely need a new centre half for next season though.
Johnny Boy
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:54 am

We know that most of this squad is not good enough and last night is just further confirmation. It was no real surprise. We have a couple, for example Kuyt and Meireles that can contribute but only when we have our best side out. A number of others cannot perform under any circumstances or who is on the field. I think Wilson has been thrown in too early and struggled. Tactically we could perhaps of tried something different as the game progressed as it was very predictable all night. I have to say that despite the love there is for Dagger the truth is he is on trial and personally he knows it.It was a bad result for his contract ambitions no question. We have been a mixed bag, dire in Europe and rubbish at West Ham, terrific against United. Lets face it, we where not good enough to qualify for Europe at all last year so where lucky to be involved .Only Portsmouths demise saw us take part. They have to throw caution to the wind now and have a right go every game but you get the feeling it will a high then a low a real mixed bag, and ultimately a 6th place finish, ironically an improvement on last year.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby lakes10 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:09 am

all we did last night was to put high balls in, it was silly and after 10 mins it was clear it was not going to work, all we was doing was giving away free kicks and getting our players head smashed in.

we did not play football and that is why we are out
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:38 am

Just watched a bit of the game again. and i swear if i didnt know Kenny was our manager i would have mistaken the type of football we played to Alladyces Bolton and Blackburn.
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:48 am

NANNY RED wrote:Just watched a bit of the game again. and i swear if i didnt know Kenny was our manager i would have mistaken the type of football we played to Alladyces Bolton and Blackburn.

sop on the Nan, all the high ball stuff and trying to mess the other team up just dont work for liverpool.

it was like we had only one idea on how to get a goal and stuck to it .
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:08 pm

Didn't catch much of this one but it sounds as though we went out with a whimper.  Well, hopefully that helps the new owners decide on a big outlay in the summer.  We've got a lot of deadwood to clear out.  It looks like watching Suarez and Carroll bed in is all that we can really look forward to for the rest of the season. :(
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:55 pm

What a truly cack game that was....at least I got a pile of ironing done - that was about the highlight of the 90 minutes...
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Judge » Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:58 pm

after a brilliant performance by kuyt against man utd, he spent all of last nights match off fuc'king side :angry:
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Johnny Boy » Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:10 pm

Judge wrote:after a brilliant performance by kuyt against man utd, he spent all of last nights match off fuc'king side :angry:

I thought that too and he argued every decision and every one he was yards off.
Johnny Boy
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:12 pm

if we were still playing now we still wouldn't have scored. got what we deserved.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Rockthekop » Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:24 pm

Maxi and Cole on the wings, Kuyt up front, Spearing and Lucas in the middle.

No creativity from the wings or central midfield and a toothless attack...is it any wonder we struggle in so many games.
Rockthekop

Postby Alex88 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:27 pm

ethanr wrote:Either you don't have the best English, or yes, you are drunk.  :D

Maybe a bit of both.  :p

No, My English is always bad, in addition, last night i was drunk :(

And now I have a headache...
Alex88

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:51 pm

Just watched the highlights of the Spartak Moscow  v Ajax game ,and on reflection I am glad we left the competition last night ,because we would have been seriously embarrassed by some of the quality left in the Quarters .... Spartak Moscow will in my opinion piss it ,what a team , ..... and Kiev would have murdered us , and I hope we get McGeady in the Summer....
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedSi35 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:04 pm

A tweet from glen johnson last night

"Disappointing result last night, I thought that every1 deserved more!"

Hopefully he means the fans, if he means the team then hahahaahhhhaaahhh delusion
RedSi35
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games