WIGAN VS LIVERPOOL - Wednedsay 10th november 19.45 ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby bigmick » Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:24 am

crim cram wrote:
rocky29 wrote:we got 4 points out of 6 in 2 tough games.Well done roy dont listen to these c posters. Your doing well mate keep up the good work.

I would say more like 7 out of 9, the Bolton result was big.  If you would have told me we'd get 7 from 9 three weeks ago, I'd have taken it.

I wouldn't. Bolton Away, Chelsea at Home and wigan away should have been a nailed on 9 points. Not only that, but we should have played great in every match as well, AND improved our goal difference.

10 points from the four fixtures (Blackburn (h), Bolton (A), Chelsea (h) and Wigan (a)) is a fecking joke. Roy out :D.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby crim cram » Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:28 am

bigmick wrote:
crim cram wrote:
rocky29 wrote:we got 4 points out of 6 in 2 tough games.Well done roy dont listen to these c posters. Your doing well mate keep up the good work.

I would say more like 7 out of 9, the Bolton result was big.  If you would have told me we'd get 7 from 9 three weeks ago, I'd have taken it.

I wouldn't. Bolton Away, Chelsea at Home and wigan away should have been a nailed on 9 points. Not only that, but we should have played great in every match as well, AND improved our goal difference.

10 points from the four fixtures (Blackburn (h), Bolton (A), Chelsea (h) and Wigan (a)) is a fecking joke. Roy out :D.

:D point taken!
“Me having no education. I had to use my brains.”  Shankly
crim cram
LFC Super Member

Postby rocky29 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:31 am

SouthCoastShankly wrote:
Ciggy wrote:Those who posted last on Sunday about give him a chance. Well tonight is the reality of his ambition and his ability to change a game none.

7 away wins hes had in the prem between us, Blackburn and Fulham over 68 games.

Thing I have a problem with ciggy is you're completely absent from the match threads when we win. Points dropped and your like a :censored:!ng vulture. It's basically sh!t stirring.

no mate she had a cold thats why she didnt stay up.
rocky29
LFC Super Member

Postby Ciggy » Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:35 am

rocky29 wrote:no mate she had a cold thats why she didnt stay up.

Oh yeah forgot to mention that aswell that Ive had the flu maybe Im not aloud to have that either :D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:43 am

bigmick wrote:
crim cram wrote:

oh right... we forgot about the first 8 games now haven't we...

16 points out of possible 36...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Raoul » Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:49 am

crim cram wrote:

I don't think anyone on here is suggesting that 3 points against any team is our divine right. And 7 from 9 is acceptable, whoever the teams are. The problem today was not the result. I think many of us would have been satisfied if we'd dominated, but Wigan had squeaked through with a draw. Not happy perhaps, but satisifed, because "if we keep playing like that, we'll be OK". But after tonight, is anyone saying "if we keep playing like that, we'll be OK"?

Teams can have off nights. The problem is, tonight didn't look like an off night. It looked like Roy's Liverpool - sitting deep, not pressuring the other team's possession, big gaps between the frontmen and the rest. Perhaps I am wrong. I haven't particularly watched Roy's teams in the past, so I can't say if this is typical of the man or not. I hope I am wrong.

However, given what we've seen so far, I think we are justified in being deeply worried.
"Life is not just about money. There are other things, important things that have a different kind of value. Anyone from Liverpool could tell you that."

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:03 am

Raoul wrote:
crim cram wrote:

I don't think anyone on here is suggesting that 3 points against any team is our divine right. And 7 from 9 is acceptable, whoever the teams are. The problem today was not the result. I think many of us would have been satisfied if we'd dominated, but Wigan had squeaked through with a draw. Not happy perhaps, but satisifed, because "if we keep playing like that, we'll be OK". But after tonight, is anyone saying "if we keep playing like that, we'll be OK"?

Teams can have off nights. The problem is, tonight didn't look like an off night. It looked like Roy's Liverpool - sitting deep, not pressuring the other team's possession, big gaps between the frontmen and the rest. Perhaps I am wrong. I haven't particularly watched Roy's teams in the past, so I can't say if this is typical of the man or not. I hope I am wrong.

However, given what we've seen so far, I think we are justified in being deeply worried.

Correctomundo...

There is already a template on how we should play, which is against Blackburn. I don't mind us defending deep for 20 mins... But defending deep for 70 mins? It is very worrisome...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:48 am

maguskwt wrote:
metalhead wrote:Torres scored today.. AWAY from home and our best player today... how has that got to do with tactics? Me thinks its confidence.

Playing deep and a containing defense IS tactics mate...
And this is where we let ourselves down again and again just like against Sunderland...

Playing higher up and a pressing defense is also tactics mate...

your definition of tactics seem to be limited to formations...

so tell me then.. if Torres scored 2 goals against Chelsea with the same formation, with the same set up and defensive line and he scored a goal against Wigan today, also with the same deep defensive line and showing how brilliant he is, why didn't he do that from the start of the season?

???
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:23 am

i dont get why they took the foot off the pedal last night. its just baffling how something that worked so well in the first half wasnt continued
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:25 am

Ciggy wrote:
rocky29 wrote:no mate she had a cold thats why she didnt stay up.

Oh yeah forgot to mention that aswell that Ive had the flu maybe Im not aloud to have that either :D

Well lets gauge things across the season. You dislike Hodgson that much I'm not surprised you feel ill when we win.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:27 am

SouthCoastShankly wrote:You dislike Hodgson that much I'm not surprised you feel ill when we win.

Your posts are borderline pathetic you need to seek help seriously.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:28 am

dawson99 wrote:i dont get why they took the foot off the pedal last night. its just baffling how something that worked so well in the first half wasnt continued

Thing is the match was always going to a tricky one. 3 days after our biggest game and performance of the season, tiredness was always going to show.

That said we had at least 3 good chances to win it. Gerrard missed two that on any other day would of rippled the net. Lucas was unlucky not to latch onto the cross/shot from Torres late on.

Gutted, but more due to missed chances than anything else.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby akumaface » Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:07 am

So, we still haven't find the true liverpool team this season. Which is more likely? The team in the first 8 or the last 4....Tactics, Players confidence? But i think we should have beaten Wigan.....We must beat the team that we should to have a meaningful season.
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby dawson99 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:12 am

LETS NOT FORGET WE HAD EURO, THEN CHEATSKI ON SUNDAY, THEN THIS ONE... (sorry, caps)

and they beat us last time at there place, its not all doom and gloom
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby rocky29 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:19 am

listen with the squad we have i think were doing better than we should be. Roy is doing a good job with what hes got.
rocky29
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games