WIGAN VS LIVERPOOL - Wednedsay 10th november 19.45 ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby metalhead » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:41 pm

Raoul wrote:Not good enough. Roy isn't to blame for the quality of the passing, but he is to blame for how deep we played. If Merieles was sick, then I guess the substitution wasn't such a bad idea, though Jovanovic or Ngog with Kuyt on the right may have been a better move in hindsight.

In the end, I felt we saw a return to the bad old days at the beginning of the season. I'm not hopeful of a lot of success with Roy in the seat.

Agreed mate, Roy isn't the one passing the ball around, the players are, they weren't good enough as they were against chelsea in that department.

But f*cking hell did Roy f*ck up with his subs
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:44 pm

metalhead wrote:
Raoul wrote:Not good enough. Roy isn't to blame for the quality of the passing, but he is to blame for how deep we played. If Merieles was sick, then I guess the substitution wasn't such a bad idea, though Jovanovic or Ngog with Kuyt on the right may have been a better move in hindsight.

In the end, I felt we saw a return to the bad old days at the beginning of the season. I'm not hopeful of a lot of success with Roy in the seat.

Agreed mate, Roy isn't the one passing the ball around, the players are, they weren't good enough as they were against chelsea in that department.

Ok yes it's the players but Roy is dictating the tactics right? They highlighted something interesting about Torres and it was generally how his game has changed since Roy came. A lot of the time he doesn't just get the ball and run at the keeper (not literally), instead he will look for a pass ect.... It's that lack of pressing that allows the opposition to come into the game and take control.

We cannot go on like this. I've seen enough, something has to change.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:45 pm

JoeTerp wrote:we need to stop playing central midfielders on the right.  Both Raul and Jonjo do not play well out there.

^^^^ correct Joe
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:52 pm

bavlondon wrote:
metalhead wrote:

Ok yes it's the players but Roy is dictating the tactics right? They highlighted something interesting about Torres and it was generally how his game has changed since Roy came. A lot of the time he doesn't just get the ball and run at the keeper (not literally), instead he will look for a pass ect.... It's that lack of pressing that allows the opposition to come into the game and take control.

mate he has scored 3 goals in 2 games Torres, it has to do f*ck all with the tactics, its about self belief, he was one of the players who showed up today, especially when he came back to help his teammates defend (they were terrible today at that). Look, I agree with all of you that we should press the ball and hassle our opponents, no doubt about that, and I've been critical towards Roy's footballing philosophy in that front, but people need to be realistic and not to let personal vendetta come to mind. It is not Roy's fault that the players couldn't keep the ball or pass it properly, that is down to the players themselves, because they couldn't pass a 5 yard ball ffs! Maybe its down to tiredness or maybe its down to Wigan's game plan who effectively pushed up and pressed us in our own half that made us panic a bit. However, I'll say it again, I just can't understand the substitutions!!!
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:52 pm

NANNY RED wrote:
JoeTerp wrote:we need to stop playing central midfielders on the right.  Both Raul and Jonjo do not play well out there.

^^^^ correct Joe

That's correct ... might as well the money that he buy Christian Poulsen should be buying Natural Wingers like Victor Moses ...
LiverpoolMadman

Postby tubby » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:57 pm

metalhead wrote:
bavlondon wrote:
metalhead wrote:

mate he has scored 3 goals in 2 games Torres, it has to do f*ck all with the tactics, its about self belief, he was one of the players who showed up today, especially when he came back to help his teammates defend (they were terrible today at that). Look, I agree with all of you that we should press the ball and hassle our opponents, no doubt about that, and I've been critical towards Roy's footballing philosophy in that front, but people need to be realistic and not to let personal vendetta come to mind. It is not Roy's fault that the players couldn't keep the ball or pass it properly, that is down to the players themselves, because they couldn't pass a 5 yard ball ffs! Maybe its down to tiredness or maybe its down to Wigan's game plan who effectively pushed up and pressed us in our own half that made us panic a bit. However, I'll say it again, I just can't understand the substitutions!!!

Bollock.s does it not have anything to do with his tactics. You are aware this is exactly what he is know  to do away from home right? His away record is appalling. Something like 7 wins and 2 of them are with us.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:01 am

Torres scored today.. AWAY from home and our best player today... how has that got to do with tactics? Me thinks its confidence.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:04 am

metalhead wrote:Torres scored today.. AWAY from home and our best player today... how has that got to do with tactics? Me thinks its confidence.

How on earth could they have been low on confidence when they had just won 4 on the trot including beating the current champions along the way.
Last edited by tubby on Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:04 am

I'm referring to Torres mate.. not the team :D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby rocky29 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:33 am

we got 4 points out of 6 in 2 tough games.Well done roy dont listen to these c posters. Your doing well mate keep up the good work.
rocky29
LFC Super Member

Postby crim cram » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:40 am

rocky29 wrote:we got 4 points out of 6 in 2 tough games.Well done roy dont listen to these c posters. Your doing well mate keep up the good work.

I would say more like 7 out of 9, the Bolton result was big.  If you would have told me we'd get 7 from 9 three weeks ago, I'd have taken it.
“Me having no education. I had to use my brains.”  Shankly
crim cram
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:45 am

Reina was our MOTM tonight. What a sad statement that is to have to make...
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:11 am

Ciggy wrote:Those who posted last on Sunday about give him a chance. Well tonight is the reality of his ambition and his ability to change a game none.

7 away wins hes had in the prem between us, Blackburn and Fulham over 68 games.

Thing I have a problem with ciggy is you're completely absent from the match threads when we win. Points dropped and your like a :censored:!ng vulture. It's basically sh!t stirring.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:16 am

I was on holiday when we played Blackburn and Bolton so sorry to have a life outside of the forum. And I posted on sunday I was made up.
Last edited by Ciggy on Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:16 am

metalhead wrote:Torres scored today.. AWAY from home and our best player today... how has that got to do with tactics? Me thinks its confidence.

Playing deep and a containing defense IS tactics mate...
And this is where we let ourselves down again and again just like against Sunderland...

Playing higher up and a pressing defense is also tactics mate...

your definition of tactics seem to be limited to formations...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games