Liverpool v Celtic Sat-Aug-10th KO 5pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:33 am

this will certainly be the pick of our preseason games and definately the most competitive.
celtic are already playing league and european matches so we will have our work cut out. we have a 22 man squad available but i hope we see something resembling the starting lineup at stoke start this one.
the atmosphere at this will be electric with a massive fanbase for both clubs present  :buttrock
unfortunately i dont have a ticket so will be streaming it (slumming it) like most  :D

mignolet
                                johnson             toure       agger     enrique

lucas           gerrard
                                                        hendo/ allen

sterling/  ibe           aspas       coutinho

ill go for a hard fought 2.1 win to us
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby dundreamin » Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:24 am

3-1 Apas 2 Gerrard
dundreamin
LFC Super Member

Location: skelmersdale. Land of the roundabouts and utter boredom

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:43 am

Realistically the starting XI should be the team who starts against Stoke
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:46 am

Damn tickets sold out for this in record time, missed them. On the plus side, I hate Celtic, so at least I haven't paid to watch them.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:52 pm

bunglemark2 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:46 am wrote:Damn tickets sold out for this in record time, missed them. On the plus side, I hate Celtic, so at least I haven't paid to watch them.

celtic are sound, infact not just celtic but the city of glasgow in general.
in the immediate aftermath of hillsborough (when the people of this city were literally reeling in shock) they offered a hand of friendship at a time when the rest of the country either believe the lies of the press or wanted to believe them.
i just think it`s pretty sad that scousers had to cross a border to find some of their own kin.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Boocity » Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:14 pm

If that defending doesn't tell BR that we are lacking depth at CB I don't know what will
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:59 pm

our midfielders and strikers do a better job of defending than our defense.  I don't get why we haven't pushed for another CB who can deal with a strong physical presence.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby only me » Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:07 pm

Sturridge in for the first time. Good sign!
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Boocity » Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:18 pm

Downing has been pretty cr@p this game, don't know why he hasn't been replaced yet
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:22 pm

Boocity » Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:18 am wrote:Downing has been pretty cr@p this game, don't know why he hasn't been replaced yet

He's made a couple small mistakes, but other than that I think he's been pretty good.  We've got way too many people who have their mind stuck on Downing being awful, and aren't willing to admit when he plays well.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby damjan193 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:25 pm

I missed the first half, but the minute I saw the starting 11 I started wondering how can Joe Allen start ahead of Henderson.

Anyway, from what I've seen so far, it's certainly a lot different than playing against Indonesia. Celtic have obviously done their homework. You can clearly see the imbalance in our team as well. I've been slightly disappointed by Lucas, but Toure looks OK (even though we conceded, I heard that it was Wisdom's mistake).
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:44 pm

Henderson is clearly more dynamic and has more drive than Allen - last season BR used the shoulder as an excuse of him playing poorly ( yet still kept playing him ) but Henderson earned his place and should be starting the season in that midfield three
Benny The Noon

Postby bunglemark2 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:57 pm

Muck finishing. Must do better.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby only me » Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:59 pm

Disappointing Result ,decent performance. BR tactic leads to a lot of chances (again same old  song of waste) ,we press high ,players getting into empty spaces ,a lot of movement. But it's clear we are missing 2 vital pieces in our puzzle ,one in the middle (A trio of Allen,Lucas and aging Gerrard won't cut it) and the other on defense (preferred CB).

Good to see Sturridge back in action ,our attacking unit looks very good. I understand why BR is looking for a backup for Enrique which isn't convincing in his position. Gerrard a weak game ,still a mammoth but to expect him to replicate his glory years is probably false. Enrique not convincing a Backup/competing LB is a must. Wisodm age really showed today. Lucas not convincing. Allen a lot of movement but missing the final touch/decision quality. Ibe what a gem.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:03 pm

Too bad. I really hoped we'd enter the new season without losing in preseason. But I think that this brought us back to reality. This is how it's going to be in the Premier League and the PL isn't Thailand or Indonesia. Celtic managed to win even with a few youngsters in their team, and the their team got younger with every substitution they made. And we just couldn't handle their physicals man. They had no problem bullying Gerrard, let alone the rest of our team. I really hope we bring in 2 more players before the window shuts and we manage to persuade Suarez to stay, or we'll have serious problems.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games