West Brom vs Liverpool Sat 18/08 KO: 3pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby eds » Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:57 pm

The fact that the players stopped playing in the very first game of the season after going 10 men down is a disgrace to every Liverpool fan.  :no
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby heimdall » Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:58 pm

kartiek » Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:56 pm wrote:Gerrard and Borini IMO were today's weakest performers. Both gave the ball away every single time they got it.

what and johnson and Downing didn't? To be honest the entire team, barring Reina, were complete and utter sh!te today and should not get any wages paid this week.
heimdall

Postby yellsub66 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:59 pm

I've got a horrible sinking feeling about this season...we are off the pace already...after one game. Suarez had a shocker by his standards. Time for Rodgers to earn his (no doubt) vast salary!
yellsub66

Postby Santa » Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:59 pm

damjan193 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:44 pm wrote:They're... oleing us.. WBA are oleing us

Nothing to add here...  :Oo:
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:59 pm

At least it looks like Allen might be worth the money we payed for him.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:59 pm

kartiek » Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:55 pm wrote:Well, for one,

Brendan needs to sort out how his team behaves on counter attacks.

Second and most importantly, we must bid for Clint Dempsey - the guy is actually a f*cking c*nt who can put the ball. We need that kind of a player, now.

Last season was the first time in his whole career he scored over 20 goals in all competitions. His previous best was 13, and prior to that he didn't break the 10 goal barrier.

Not convinced.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:09 pm

Thought we were unlucky in the first half. Just a great strike by Gera, not much you can do about those. Second half, thought the first was a pen and couldn't complain about Agger getting sent off.  However 2nd one wasn't a penalty in my opinion and was real blow. What worried me was the was we totally lost our shape after their 2nd. Were all over the place and it could have been 4/5 nil to them. Downing was awful as usual and we need to cut our losses on him. We need shot of Carroll and Downing. Accept the loss and go out there and let Rodgers bring in someone he wants in the next week or two. We need a real finisher in the team - Suarez is not that and should be playing either on the right or left of a proper front man (which also isn't Carroll). On a side note, WBA were commiting fouls all over the pitch and ref really needed to stamp it out
Doeboy

Postby damjan193 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:11 pm

I am really not looking forward to our next 3 or 4 Premier League fixtures.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby The Raven » Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:12 pm

If you want a good laugh get this, i just saw on another LFC forum.

"Not many positives, but I still believe we looked good in the first half, defiantly title winning ability"

I want what ever hes on.

I bet city are bricking it........
The Raven

Postby The Good Yank » Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:12 pm

zarababe » Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:47 am wrote:terrible start...

btw did suarez get booed? can't tell on the stream

I was just tweeting a friend that the only positive from this game was that Suarez was not boo'd.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:21 pm

Not convinced with the current squad...Something substential is missing...I can't place it exactly but if i have to i would say we don't have that 1-2 players which are your sure bet ,which can be trusted to deliver all the times. in 2005 you knew it would be Gerrard ,a few years ago it was Torres ,Today? No one. Liverpool has a good talented squad ,a positive thinking manager ,has the funds...We are lacking that few (and you don't need more then 1-2) that will stand up and perform every game.

Other observations ,stop putting players out of their position ,Downing and Johnson it doesn't work. Our CB's...Everyone think Skertel will have the same season he had last year? or Lucas? As to our new signings ,Allen looks sharp and accurate on his pass but the impact on the bottom line is yet to be seen ,Borini? still searching for that special quality which differs him from other strikers.

Terrible start considering our tricky schedule.

Hope for the best.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby redalltheway36 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:28 pm

I bet you any money we would of played much better playing 4-4-2 today. Carroll suarez up top. Gerrard lucas Allen Downing. Borini as sub to bring on for either carroll or suarez. You tell me that wouldnt of worked better.
redalltheway36
LFC Member

Postby stmichael » Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:28 pm

up until their worldy first goal i thought we were in control and were the better side. the sending off in the second half then completely changed the game.

the game today changes absolutely nothing for me. even if we'd won, it's still going to take time to get to where we want to be. we have to dust ourselves off now for city next week. really hope coates plays instead of carragher.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby akumaface » Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:32 pm

Horrible officiating. But the thing that worries me is i didn't really see any fight in most of our players (except Carroll whom shown some fight or urgency). Yes it is the first game of the season but we need to rethink if we should start Gerrard as he doesn't really shown himself to be able to motivate the other players on the pitch and also his performance had dipped even further.

Today, we lack the physicality and directless. Hope this is just a one game thing. Another thing is I hope people can cut Suarez some slack as he did try hard today. Some of the chances was not as easy as it seems. I'm really surprised so many here had already turned against him. Anyway, this is getting frustrated as Hell. Hopefully not going to be another long season in the mid table....
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby red_guy » Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:03 pm

akumaface » Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:32 pm wrote:Horrible officiating. But the thing that worries me is i didn't really see any fight in most of our players (except Carroll whom shown some fight or urgency). Yes it is the first game of the season but we need to rethink if we should start Gerrard as he doesn't really shown himself to be able to motivate the other players on the pitch and also his performance had dipped even further.

Today, we lack the physicality and directless. Hope this is just a one game thing. Another thing is I hope people can cut Suarez some slack as he did try hard today. Some of the chances was not as easy as it seems. I'm really surprised so many here had already turned against him. Anyway, this is getting frustrated as Hell. Hopefully not going to be another long season in the mid table....

Well said.
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly
red_guy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games