WEST BROM VS LIVERPOOL- League Cup

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby LFC1990 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:44 am

Boocity » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:04 am wrote:I thought the kids were excellent last night, sahin is just class, so compsed and its great to see a midfielder up there for a tap in, Assaidi was a revelation, wasn't expecting too much from him tbo at the price we paid but he is a real exciting player to watch. I thought Coates played well and I think he should be ahead of carra on the team sheet. I will give Yesil a break, he did alright but I think he was taken by surprise at the pace of the English game, give him a few games to settle in and I reckon he will be useful. I agree with others, Downing was poor and totally outshone by the kids. To look atour future on the pitch, we will be awsome in a couple of years.

Wanted to read through the thread but does anyone know what happened why there are no posts in the second half

I couldnt get on the website after about 38 minutes. Was trying the whole game

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby Boxscarf » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:50 am

I was impressed with the players yesterday, I thought they did well to beat a much older and experienced West Brom side 2-1 was a positive result and I hope this breeds confidence in the players for the Norwich match which is a must win football match.

Assaidi and Sahin were our best players last night and I definitely believe that we need to do everything in our power to sign Sahin permanently at the end of the season. Assaidi for £3m already seems like a bargain and I predict bright futures for Wisdom and Suso. I was also impressed with Yesil and Pacheco too. Though I feel it is far too soon to be throwing Yesil in at the deep end, hopefully he'll make an appearance against Swansea in the next round.

Two players who I really don't think fit the system is Downing and Henderson, both players had steady matches, but in truth they look like square pegs being shoved into round holes. I don't think Henderson has the ability to dispatch Shelvey, Allen, Gerrard and Sahin from central midfield nor do I feel that Downing offers more than Assaidi and Sterling up top in attack. I'd imagine Rodgers will try and offload both players next summer.
Boxscarf

Postby LFC1990 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:04 am

Henderson is 22 and we would be a fool to sell him now we have alot of really good young players coming through and Hendo and Carroll are both in that.

Assaidi was my man of the match yesterday yeah Sahin got both of the goals and did play extremely well. Assaidi Showed us everything we have been missing recently and Should definetely get a start V norwich along with Sahin.

A front 6 V norwich of

Allen         Sahin
             Gerrard
Sterling   Suarez     Assaidi      Looks very good

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:44 am

It was a great performance by the kids, considering that we lost against WBA 3-0 few games earlier who came out with a similar squad as yesterday. I really liked the second goal. It was a Rogers kind of goal and a proof that the system is starting to work. Also, it was amazing to see what difference Suso made when he came on. He was on for just few minutes and we scored a goal which he was mostly responsible of. Definitely a Rogers kind of player.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Boxscarf » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:56 am

I just cannot see Henderson fitting in and if we sign Sahin then I am certain that Henderson's place at Liverpool would be untenable and he would be sold. Rodgers doesn't want him, hence why Henderson was offered in a straight swap deal for Clint Dempsey and as for Andy as much as I like the fella he's just never going to fit into Rodgers' style of play.

I can see Carroll, Henderson and Downing being offloaded in the summer.
Boxscarf

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:08 pm

i disagree with what people are saying about henderson, i thought he had a good game, he worked his @rse off and knitted play together well in an unspectacular (but vital) fashion. for instance look at the great build up to sahins second goal, in that initial eye catching flurry of passes hendo was involved twice, you hardly notice his contribution but without it the move wouldnt have happened.
i think henderson is a good player, he`s got a great engine on him and is very comfortable on the ball and in a passing game, he`s so level headed it`s easy to forget he`s only just turned 22, he`s only months older than the likes of pacheco and ecclestone.
i think he`s the type of player that suits rodgers philosophy down to the ground and at 22 he is only going to improve, we`d be stupid to sell him imo. it`s not about the next 10 minutes its about the next ten years and hendo has a decade of top level football in him, maybe even more.

look at the build up to sahins second goal - http://www.footylounge.com/films//west-brom-v-liverpool-capital-one-highlights/full-buildup-to-nuri-sahins-second-goal-video_22e074d45.html
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:12 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PtA-nFA ... r_embedded

First glimpse of ticka-tacka I guess :D. Could really get used to watching us play like this.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Raoul » Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:56 pm

Yeah, we'd be foolish to sell Hendo, if he is willing to be patient. Given our relative lack of depth in many positions Pacheco/Suso, Sahin and Hendo was a pretty decent midfield for the B side!

I get that Rodgers may have been willing to swap him for a forward, but in an ideal world players like Hendo are worth keeping around.
"Life is not just about money. There are other things, important things that have a different kind of value. Anyone from Liverpool could tell you that."

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:22 pm

damjan193 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:12 pm wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PtA-nFAeVg&feature=player_embedded

First glimpse of ticka-tacka I guess :D. Could really get used to watching us play like this.

Downing was quick to celebrate  :D
maypaxvobiscum

Postby parchpea » Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:14 pm

Is it now a reality or just possibilty that we function better without Steven Gerrard?

This fast paced moving and closing football seems more suited to the younger kids, who
have been raised playing it and have the legs, speed, and mobility to do it, especially in
the  midfield area.

The more I see us without Gerrard the better we start looking as a unit, its tough to
imagine as hes such an icon but I dunno, I am starting to think he could be holding it
back a bit now the lad.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:08 pm

parchpea » Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:14 pm wrote:Is it now a reality or just possibilty that we function better without Steven Gerrard?

This fast paced moving and closing football seems more suited to the younger kids, who
have been raised playing it and have the legs, speed, and mobility to do it, especially in
the  midfield area.

The more I see us without Gerrard the better we start looking as a unit, its tough to
imagine as hes such an icon but I dunno, I am starting to think he could be holding it
back a bit now the lad.

he was MoM against united though, bit too early to write him off yet, especially when he`s still capable of performances like the one last sunday.
sami hyypia went through a similar dodgy spell (which included a CL game in turkey where he had an absolute nightmare) and a lot of fans wrote him off as finished but the big finn rebounded putting in arguably some of the best performances of his entire career (the CL quarter final against arsenal at anfield where his goal changed the entire game, we were getting battered up to that point plus his majestic performance at old trafford when we beat them 4-1 etc)
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ethanr » Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:37 am

I think Stevie nailed it himself.  He said his performances really matched the club's performances.  In the games we played well, he was a dominant figure in the game.  In the games we didn't, he wasn't.  If we can get some consistency out of him then he'd be back to controlling most games.  Obviously it's a lot to ask for straight consistency, but it's what we hope for.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby Rimetto » Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:12 pm

I think Hendo looked the expereinced player out of the team and at 22 that's a great thing. He reminds me of Lucas when he first came to us no one really give the lad credit for his performances because he's not flashy but now no one would pick a team without him. The more i see of Hendo to the more i rate the lad and think his expereince and workrate is unquestionable and i think as the season goes on his quaility will show as well.
Rimetto
LFC Elite Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games