West Brom vs Liverpool Sat 18/08 KO: 3pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby jacdaniel » Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:42 pm

Well, the new season is almost here!!!  And once again we have a tricky away tie on the opening day of the season... probably for the 8th time in 10 years!   :p 

Last 5 meetings at the Hawthorns:

West Brom wins:  1
Draws:                 0
Liverpool wins:    4 

Sadly the match doesn't seem to be on TV so I guess some of us will be relying on dodgy internet streams.

I think we will line up like this:  (maybe Hendo or Adam instead of Allen)

Reina
              Skrtel        Agger
Johnson                            Enrique
             Lucas       Allen
                    Gerrard
Downing                          Borini
                    Suarez

Prediction:  Hard fought 2 - 1 win to the Redmen  :D
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:17 pm

i think that team is pretty much spot on as it's our best available team at the moment. the only question mark is whether he throws allen straight in or plays shelvey/henderson.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby damjan193 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:00 pm

I think Shelvey will start instead of Allen. We might see Allen play at some point in the second half.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:29 pm

damjan193 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:00 pm wrote:I think Shelvey will start instead of Allen. We might see Allen play at some point in the second half.

I agree to a certain extent. Not sure who will partner Lucas but I am sure that Allen will not get a debut straight away. Either Shelvey or Adam will start I think.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:08 pm

SouthCoastShankly » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:29 pm wrote:
damjan193 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:00 pm wrote:I think Shelvey will start instead of Allen. We might see Allen play at some point in the second half.

I agree to a certain extent. Not sure who will partner Lucas but I am sure that Allen will not get a debut straight away. Either Shelvey or Adam will start I think.

because of the start we have been dealt by the fixture computer i think he will start allen (or at least bring him on from the bench), out of our opening fixtures saturdays game is actually one of the easier ones (on paper anyway! but no away game in the prem is easy) and i cant see rodgers wanting to give allen his debut in the cauldron of a united, city, or arsenal game so i think allen will play some part in the game on saturday.

this west brom game is huge, last season on the opening day we drew 1-1 with sunderland at anfield and city beat swansea 4-0 at the etihad, that 2 point gap at the end of the first day of the league program was the closest we got to city all season, from that point onwards the gap just grew and grew. with the fixtures we have got coming up on the horizon we really need a win at the hawthorns, it`s unrealistic to expect us to beat city, united and arsenal practically on the bounce so in all probability we are going to drop one ot two points early on, we really need to beat west brom and sunderland to keep our dropped points total early doors to a minimum.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:28 am

id go with the thread starter on that team.its the best we can field so hopefully they have gelled and are fired up to get the win.
opening days are always tough matches but i think we will bring the quality and get the points.
2.0 to us gerrard and suarez :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ethanr » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:22 am

I'd like to agree with the lot of you on the starting line up as well, but like ycast, he has to play a decent part.  I expect Allen to come off the bench soon after half most likely so he can get a good run-down before our more challenging fixtures come.

Once again really looking forward to the start of the prem.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby LFC1990 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:14 pm

Agree with the consensus here about the majority of the team just Henderson instead of Allen. I will be Steve Clarkes 1st competitive game for WBA as manager so i think he will have them sitting back trying not to lose. But with our front 3 and support from Stevie I can see us unlocking them easily

My Prediction 0-2

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby Kenny Kan » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:31 pm

-----------------------------------Reina

------------ Johnson         Skertel    Agger           Enrique

Lucas

Allen              Sahin

Gerrard             Borini             Suarez

:wwww
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby andy_g » Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:46 pm

reina is in puerto rico for the spanish national side's friendly tonight. i have a feeling it'll be doni in goal on saturday, as you don't really want a jet-lagged keeper for the first game of the season.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:52 pm

Kenny Kan » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:31 pm wrote:-----------------------------------Reina

------------ Johnson         Skertel    Agger           Enrique

Lucas

Allen              Sahin

Gerrard             Borini             Suarez

:wwww

for me that side is top 4 quality. the problem of course is whether the surrounding cast is good enough when we get injuries/suspensions.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:23 pm

andy_g » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:46 pm wrote:reina is in puerto rico for the spanish national side's friendly tonight. i have a feeling it'll be doni in goal on saturday, as you don't really want a jet-lagged keeper for the first game of the season.
no chance
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby joshmassey10 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:01 pm

I think we might be slow to get going in the first few games if we are trying to implement Rodger's passing style. I think he will throw Allen straight in, as he will be a key player this season. I would also like to see Adam given another chance, but I have a feeling Rodgers isn't interested in him. West Brom will be a dangerous side and I am predicting a low scoring draw. Click the link below to see my other premier league predictions this weekend.
http://blog.oddslife.com/2012/08/oddsli ... e-preview/
joshmassey10
LFC Basic Member

Postby Roger Red Hat » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:19 pm

New manager, new strategy, some new faces...  I predict a tonking to be dished out to WBA.    They wont be able to contain us.

WBA 0 - 4 LFC (Borini 2, Suarez, Gerrard)

bring this fuk'r on!
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby joshmassey10 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:27 pm

Lets hope so, hopefully challenge for top 4 if we keep Gerrard fit all season, he's still the key man!
joshmassey10
LFC Basic Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games