WEST BROM VS LIVERPOOL- League Cup

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby metalhead » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:43 pm

school boy stuff from Wisdom there
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boxscarf » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:43 pm

Do West Brom fans make any noise whatsoever?

Wisdom you silly boy - yellow card.
Boxscarf

Postby damjan193 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:43 pm

No way a yellow though
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Boxscarf » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:44 pm

metalhead » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:43 pm wrote:school boy stuff from Wisdom there

He got more than his fair share of the football, it was never a foul and never a yellow card. Football is going soft...
Boxscarf

Postby NorfolkRed » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:44 pm

unbelievable - mulumbu escapes with a shin high challenge and wisdom wins the ball and gets a yellow

what have refs got against us?
NorfolkRed

Postby NorfolkRed » Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:43 pm

http://propaganda.photoshelter.com/gallery-image/120926-WBA-v-Liverpool/G0000oXdalfZg.3w/I0000RBYjiU9GqDk/C0000MnVL_wDI1HI@JimBoardman

why Jones dropped the ball for the first goal - no wonder he was looking round expecting a foul to have been given
NorfolkRed

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:15 am

Excellent performance from the kids tonight ,some beautiful football on show ,and Rodgers tireless diatribe of disciplined and controlled football
being the key to winning games slowly starting to take effect . Sahin was different class tonight ,and Coates and Wisdom were exceptional at the
back ,and finally we have a winger who can beat players for fucking fun with trickery and pace ........no not Downing  :;):
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:34 am

thought it was an excellent performance tonight, after conceding so early a young side like that could have easily capitulated but they didnt panic and played themselves back into the game.
sahin and assaidi were probably the stand out performers on the night but there were good performances all over the pitch, i thought jones did well, especially when coming out to claim crosses (he was fouled for their goal) and i thought the likes of henderson, pacheco and yesil set the tone for the evening with the shift they put in, they grafted their @rses off closing down the opposition (and winning the ball back) all over the pitch.
i know it`s early days but suso looks like a star in the making
it`s more entertaining watching the midweek cup team than the first team at the moment.
oh, and congratulations to the young lad sinclair, to play for the liverpool first team at that age is a phenominal achievement. incredible.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby alwayslfc » Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:11 am

I didn't watch the game but read that Assaidi and Nurin were excellent. But how about 'Gerd' Yesil? How did he do on his first team debut? Did he look like one for the future? For me, he doesn't have to be Germany's new Gerd Muller, just be a consistent scorer to put away the chances created is enough.
alwayslfc

Postby Kharhaz » Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:19 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:34 am wrote:thought it was an excellent performance tonight, after conceding so early a young side like that could have easily capitulated but they didnt panic and played themselves back into the game.
sahin and assaidi were probably the stand out performers on the night but there were good performances all over the pitch, i thought jones did well, especially when coming out to claim crosses (he was fouled for their goal) and i thought the likes of henderson, pacheco and yesil set the tone for the evening with the shift they put in, they grafted their @rses off closing down the opposition (and winning the ball back) all over the pitch.
i know it`s early days but suso looks like a star in the making
it`s more entertaining watching the midweek cup team than the first team at the moment.
oh, and congratulations to the young lad sinclair, to play for the liverpool first team at that age is a phenominal achievement. incredible.

I agree totally. Someone in the match thread said Brad Jones was an awful signing, even free he is useless. I would have posted a reply but for some reason this forum wouldnt load when I tried to.
Sahin and Assaidi, wow, what a future them lads have. Assaidi £3 million? goes to show, you dont have to spend too much to sign quality. Compare him to Downing, who once again was just awful. We should look to sell him, he is useless. As for Sinclair, he is younger than my oldest lad, and that made me feel really old !

Henderson and Downing looked out of their depth in a team of kids. And that for me, says it all about those two players. Henderson was given a challenge by Rodgers, and for me, he blew it.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:50 am

A great game to watch.

It was so good to see some of these youngsters play, and good to see the manager having confidence in them. Collectively they look as confident as the first team and some should so be pushing the 'regulars' for more game time.

I really liked Andre Wisdom at fullback, he looked very strong and determined, a willing runner going forward too. Pacheco worked his @rse off and was unfortunate with some of his efforts on goal. I remember him being more honed in on the 'trickier' side of the game but you can see the British-ness in his game now, chasing harrying etc.

Assaidi looked tricky and was a bit of a handful for their fullback. His cross that led to Sahin's second goal was good and it's nice to see us getting goals from those kind of plays. We don't do that enough (poach a goal from crosses/passes like that).

Suso had an immediate impact and looks a genuine prospect, looks similar to Sahin in style from an "armchair".

Sahin, looked so accomplished and assured in midfield tonight, played very well and was rewarded with 2 goals. He now needs to make an impact in the regular team and given time I'm sure he will. I hope he at least gets 30 mins against Stoke? on the weekend.

Coates was good alongside Carra. Robinson grew after a nervy start as did Jones between the sticks. Need to see more of Yesil as he didn't really have an impact here at the Hawthorns. Remembering though this is the first time this team has ever played together at 'senior' level and the prospect looks very promising and Red.

Downing is w@nk. Sorry to be negative but considering this bloke is one of the senior players in that side, he looked terrible among the kids, IMO they showed him up for what he is - a scaredy cat who plays percentage passes in the final third. He's utter tosh and personally I can't stand seeing him in a red shirt - those kids are miles better than him.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC1990 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:38 am

Kenny Kan » Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:50 am wrote:
Sahin, looked so accomplished and assured in midfield tonight, played very well and was rewarded with 2 goals. He now needs to make an impact in the regular team and given time I'm sure he will. I hope he at least gets 30 mins against Stoke? on the weekend.

Norwich

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby Boocity » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:04 am

I thought the kids were excellent last night, sahin is just class, so compsed and its great to see a midfielder up there for a tap in, Assaidi was a revelation, wasn't expecting too much from him tbo at the price we paid but he is a real exciting player to watch. I thought Coates played well and I think he should be ahead of carra on the team sheet. I will give Yesil a break, he did alright but I think he was taken by surprise at the pace of the English game, give him a few games to settle in and I reckon he will be useful. I agree with others, Downing was poor and totally outshone by the kids. To look atour future on the pitch, we will be awsome in a couple of years.

Wanted to read through the thread but does anyone know what happened why there are no posts in the second half
Last edited by Boocity on Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:15 am

Very happy with that result, great to see kids starring again. Bodes very well for bright red future and Just the tonic after Sundays result. More of the same this weekend thanks
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby killerp » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:30 am

I hope the first team was watching this game, that's how it's done.
killerp

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games