LIVERPOOL v west brom Sun 27th Dec 4.30pm KO

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:55 pm

Franky000 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:57 pm wrote:guess they're one of those clubs that only get fired up against big teams...

It’s not just West Brom though, we are struggling to beat teams that we should really be beating. Creativity or rather the lack of it has obviously been a problem of late but hopefully the return to fitness of players like Thiago and Shaq will help.
Our next 9 or 10 games will probably decide the outcome of the title so it’s time to put up or shut up, I originally thought our opening 9 or 10 games of the season would decide the outcome of the title and in normal circumstances they would have, if we would have beaten as I say those teams we should have been beating we’d be 12-15 points clear now and over the horizon and gone.
We’ve made things harder for ourselves but we are still in a great position to defend our title.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:44 pm

We’ve made things harder for ourselves

I would say the "lower" teams have made it harder for us !

It seems to me that many teams now see taking a point against us as a WIN.

The game plan for the lesser clubs is a simple hang in there, deep, tight, compact and nullify Liverpool's attack as much as possible and maybe we'll get a long ball thru or a set piece we can benefit from.

No matter how much our lads attempt to break thru a deep sitting 9 or 10 man block , with us missing our best defenders, getting caught out on a break or set piece is always a possibility.

Our lack of quality in the centre of our defence has cost us and it's had a ripple effect throughout the team.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games