west brom v LIVERPOOL Sun 16th May 4.30pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun May 16, 2021 11:46 pm

red till i die!! » Sun May 16, 2021 7:58 pm wrote:Absolutely chuffed with the win and delighted for Ali  :nod  what a way to end a game and keep us in the hunt. Thiago MOTM for me. Trent was our second best player imo.  Dean's boots should be hung up for him at the end of the season. Awful ref altogether.

Going to say it  :grinning: but I thought we were poor today and lucky we still have it to play for. We controlled the game and dominated the ball but we are just so wasteful. It was a cup final and there was very little urgency to our play or appetite to change it. Constantly over passing it till we end up losing it or hoofing it across the box to nobody. The changes had no impact at all and I really hope Shaq isnt here next season. He just adds nothing but huff and puff.

Because Dean is from Birkenhead I reckon he was giving them everything so no one could question his impartiality. As for the match itself I’m not sure what I witnessed there today, I think I’m still in shock. It wasn’t just the fact that it was the keeper who scored the winner it was the header itself, it was right out of the top drawer, old school CF’s like Nat Lofthouse and Dave Hickson would have been proud of that one.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Mon May 17, 2021 12:39 am

redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Mon May 17, 2021 12:42 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun May 16, 2021 11:46 pm wrote:
red till i die!! » Sun May 16, 2021 7:58 pm wrote:Absolutely chuffed with the win and delighted for Ali  :nod  what a way to end a game and keep us in the hunt. Thiago MOTM for me. Trent was our second best player imo.  Dean's boots should be hung up for him at the end of the season. Awful ref altogether.

Going to say it  :grinning: but I thought we were poor today and lucky we still have it to play for. We controlled the game and dominated the ball but we are just so wasteful. It was a cup final and there was very little urgency to our play or appetite to change it. Constantly over passing it till we end up losing it or hoofing it across the box to nobody. The changes had no impact at all and I really hope Shaq isnt here next season. He just adds nothing but huff and puff.

Because Dean is from Birkenhead I reckon he was giving them everything so no one could question his impartiality. As for the match itself I’m not sure what I witnessed there today, I think I’m still in shock. It wasn’t just the fact that it was the keeper who scored the winner it was the header itself, it was right out of the top drawer, old school CF’s like Nat Lofthouse and Dave Hickson would have been proud of that one.

All I have to say is final two games are going to be painfully nervous to watch, I really hope we can command a good lead vs Palace and Burnley. I can't take this last min heart attacks any more lol.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Mon May 17, 2021 6:47 am

We still have 2 games to win ...... that's a mighty challenge even against poor opposition.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Mon May 17, 2021 7:16 am

Fantastic win, one for the ages, we need to finish the job now or it will all be for nothing. Phillips tried all he could to steal that header from Alli and thank God he missed the ball and Allison kept his eye on the ball.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon May 17, 2021 8:35 am

redshade » Sun May 16, 2021 11:42 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun May 16, 2021 11:46 pm wrote:

All I have to say is final two games are going to be painfully nervous to watch, I really hope we can command a good lead vs Palace and Burnley. I can't take this last min heart attacks any more lol.

Yeah don’t mind admitting rs i genuinely thought we’d blown it yesterday in fact I didn’t think Dean would even let us take the corner as the 4 minutes of injury time were up. I kept thinking I can’t believe we’ve gone to Old Trafford and put 4 past a United team that recently put 6 past Roma there only to blow it against this lot who are already relegated.
Being a member of the team that broke our 30 year title hoodoo and a CL winner Ally had already written himself into our history books but that goal yesterday will go into Liverpool folklore alongside the likes of Billy Liddell’s goal that wasn’t against City in the Cup and Albert Stubbins diving header in the snow etc. In fact it will go down not just in our folklore but football folklore full stop, you know you witnessed something special when not just neutrals and hardened football observers like commentators, pundits and journalists are waxing lyrical about it but even Everton, United, Chelsea and Leicester fans too, from the depths of despair to the heights of ecstasy in the blink of an eye, footy really is an amazing sport.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby leeroy74 » Mon May 17, 2021 10:35 am

So Fabinho into nets and Ali upfront. That's how we'll line up against Burnley
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Mon May 17, 2021 12:36 pm

How we miss Hendo eh?
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Mon May 17, 2021 4:11 pm

Reg wrote:How we miss Hendo eh?

Thinking that myself  :laugh:  Missing the run in is becoming a bit of a pattern now for him. This season, last season and if memory serves me correctly a few games from the one before.

Maybe rotating him in the earlier stages of the season will help prolong his season and give us better options at the business end.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon May 17, 2021 8:01 pm

red till i die!! » Mon May 17, 2021 3:11 pm wrote:
Reg wrote:How we miss Hendo eh?

Thinking that myself  :laugh:  Missing the run in is becoming a bit of a pattern now for him. This season, last season and if memory serves me correctly a few games from the one before.

Maybe rotating him in the earlier stages of the season will help prolong his season and give us better options at the business end.

Losing Hendo after he was sent off in the dying seconds of the City game at Anfield probably cost us the title in 2014 as well. He was Gerrards legs back then.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby eds » Mon May 17, 2021 11:38 pm

Ali's goal is (in terms of memorability) is up there with Lovren's winner against Dortmund, Origi's header against the bitters and his winner against Barcelona.

Iconic moments that will always be remembered.  :buttrock
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby devaney » Tue May 18, 2021 9:31 am

Definitely one for the history books !!!

Just in case you haven’t seen this - ENJOY  :laugh:  :laugh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YadHmdsACzc
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney