LIVERPOOL v west brom Sun 27th Dec 4.30pm KO

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:08 pm

electrum » Sun Dec 27, 2020 7:12 pm wrote:Poor, poor performance and a massive opportunity missed to pile the pressure on the rest of the "top six".

We are now under pressure not to mess around at Newcastle otherwise we will have our rivals breathing down our necks.

There was way way more than three points at stake here and the team simply did not step up and show they mean business and
will let nobody stop No. 20 bus from arriving.

What we have done is given all around us the most important thing, which is hope.

Everton just 3 points behind us at Christmas on level games  :Oo:
How the eff did that happen?
Well to be fair we know how that happened, 3 points from a possible 12 against Villa, Fulham, Brighton and West Brom happened.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:40 pm

Now it piles some pressure to get a result against Newcastle. All it will take is a couple of losses for others to capitalise. If they do and we climb down the ladder, I wonder if we will have a swagger to climb back up.

We really needed a win today to drift slightly away from the lot. Hope is dangerous and giving the other that makes life difficult for us.

Anyhow like I said I think it will be a tight race this season amongst us and few others.

Funny enough I don't think games Vs Mancs, Spurs, Everton will be factor I think it will be Vs the lower sides.

What an odd season though , 7 points seperate 1st and 9th.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby devaney » Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:43 pm

woof woof ! » Sun Dec 27, 2020 7:32 pm wrote:f*ck f*ck f*ck f*ck f*ck and f*cking f*ck !

I'm not happy  :angry:

Yes but on a more positive note Woof your command of the English language is coming on leaps and bounds   :laugh:  :laugh: On a sh1tty day you managed to make me laugh - thanks for that.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:08 pm

What a weird week. Spuds have just draw with Wolves
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:27 pm

redshade » Sun Dec 27, 2020 8:40 pm wrote:Now it piles some pressure to get a result against Newcastle. All it will take is a couple of losses for others to capitalise. If they do and we climb down the ladder, I wonder if we will have a swagger to climb back up.

We really needed a win today to drift slightly away from the lot. Hope is dangerous and giving the other that makes life difficult for us.

Anyhow like I said I think it will be a tight race this season amongst us and few others.

Funny enough I don't think games Vs Mancs, Spurs, Everton will be factor I think it will be Vs the lower sides.

What an odd season though , 7 points seperate 1st and 9th.

Reminds me of that golden age in English football between 1960 and 1973 when the likes of Liverpool, Everton, Manchester United, Manchester City, Leeds, Arsenal, Spurs, Derby, Burnley and Ipswich all won the title. One season you could finish top the next you could quite easily finish 5th or 6th without doing much wrong.
You had managerial greats like Shanks, Busby, Clough, Revie, World Cup winner Alf Ramsay (who won the title with Ipswich), Bill Nicholson, Joe Mercer, Harry Catterick etc all going at it and players like Kevin Keegan, George Best, Bobby Charlton, Jimmy Greaves, Billy Bremner etc etc etc running around on the pitch.
Those 20 years we dominated English football gave me some of the best days of my life but after living through a similar period of dominance from United It’s not good for the game as a whole. Crowds plummeted during our heyday, okay things like hooliganism and the state of grounds etc didn’t help but in the 80’s you’d regularly see crowds of 38,000 at Anfield and we were up there with United as the best supported team!
As someone said earlier it’s not much good for our heart rates but as a spectacle football is far better when it’s close and competitive. Nothing worse than league’s where the same 2 teams have largely dominated for 100 years.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Tommy Smith » Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:41 pm

It was an absolute shitty performance, and really we were lucky to get a point, once again Big Sam & Sammy Lee done a good job on Klopp, who was stupidly played into the hand of Big Sam. The worst player was Salah, who was awful, light weight, easily muscled by WBA defenders, and Klopp didn't have the gut to replace him early in the second half, in case the f*cking Sh*t Salah wants to leave LFC. This is f*cking bad management, if it wasn't for Mane, we would have lost the 3 points. We have lost 6 points against bottom teams, there is no f*cking chance to win the league this season, it will go to Manchester teams!  We all know, we have bad injuries, but there was no excuse not to use Minamino or shaqiri,and even N. Phillip as a subs. Matip is a f*cking sick not, simply you cannot depends on him to see out the whole season, show him the f*cking door, as well as Salah (bad Apple) and Origi, they are all f*cking useless.
We are top for now, but the main part of the season is yet to come, then we will be one of the chasing pack. Klopp wasn't sure of wining tonight game in his per-match talk, and it showed badly on the pitch, f*cking slow square passes so boring beyond belief, let us see how the next game performance,  it might be worse than tonight.. Klopp bear the whole blame!
Tommy Smith
LFC Member

Postby Franky000 » Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:42 pm

Well that's a right turd in the punchbowl isn't it...the only positive thing we can take from today is that Tottenham dropped 2 points along with the others around us.
Franky000

Postby redshade » Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:51 am

City/Everton had the best weekend from the lot with all the others only managing draws and Chelsea losing.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Boocity » Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:56 am

I've said it before, we just don't seem to string a few good performances together, we are devastatingly good one game and less than mediocre the next. i fully expect us to blow Newcastle away next game.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:48 pm

To be fair given the injuries we’ve had it’s some going to be top at Christmas, yes we’ve frittered away a lot of cheap points but that’s what happens when you lose key players. When all is said and done we are 3 points clear and the team in 2nd (Everton) play Man City tonight so our destiny is still in our own hands. We’ve still only lost one game as well so we are tough to beat.
Get Thiago back and sign that lad from Ajax (Joel is a good player but he literally can’t string 5 games together without getting injured) and we’ll be fine.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby devaney » Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:57 am

Joel is a truly great player. Excellent defender and sees a pass. Unfortunately at 29 it is unlikely that his injury problems will improve. Less training and fewer matches could possibly be the answer to keeping him in one piece. Joel is not the only one reaching the later stages of his career. VVD is also 29 as are the front three. Gini and Hendo are both 30. Clearly a huge rebuild will be necessary during the next few years and it is therefore vital that we gain the absolute maximum benefit from the current team. Losing to very average teams is unacceptable.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:45 pm

devaney » Sun Dec 27, 2020 8:43 pm wrote:
woof woof ! » Sun Dec 27, 2020 7:32 pm wrote:f*ck f*ck f*ck f*ck f*ck and f*cking f*ck !

I'm not happy  :angry:

Yes but on a more positive note Woof your command of the English language is coming on leaps and bounds   :laugh:  :laugh: On a sh1tty day you managed to make me laugh - thanks for that.

If only I could learn to spell my response to what I got for Xmas ! 

How do you spell KUNTZ !

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:35 pm

Uh, LEEDS are currently slaughtering West Brom.
Hope our boys are following this....
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby redshade » Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:32 pm

Got tonked 5-0 by Leeds and now Arsenal 4-0 so far.... Can't believe we drew against these lot.

Since Sam took over

L Villa 3-0
D Liverpool 1-1
L Leed 5-0
* Arsenal 4-0
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Franky000 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:57 pm

guess they're one of those clubs that only get fired up against big teams...
Franky000

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games