Watford v Liverpool 24/11 15.00pm k.o.

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:40 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas » Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:33 pm wrote:So you only look at the positives for Rafa where as Klopp it’s just about pointing out the negatives

Torres played 24 games in the league , Gerrard 31 - they still won nothing , Torres won nothing at the club , so did Masher - that season the team dropped countless points against supposed weaker cheaper opposition ( the same thing you are being critical towards the current team when pointing out the game against Red star )
Rafa also had the club at 8th in the league after spendinf a good deal of money

Klopp is just starting his third full season, taken the team to three finals including one in the CL and has the club going forward - Rafa started on a high and then went backwards

You are a hypocrite who can’t apply the same criteria - Klopps team now has the best start to a Prem points wise than any of Rafas team did

I would take from the current team - Alisson , VVD , Robertson , Mane , Salah , Firmino - would even prob have AA and once settled Kieta but it’s impossible to really judge

Right now the City team is reported the best Prem team ever and we are just behind them.

Rafa threw the title away that year - we weren’t pipped , they were one dimensional and were unable to break down teams - just go and look at the teams we dropped points against.

This is the best Prem team we have had - it’s just right now we have to go against arguably the best Prem team ever

Alisson over Reina? Based on what? 3 and a half months? Reina won the golden gloves 3 years on the bounce and was a top keeper when he first arrived. Firmino ahead of the Torres that was here? lol you've got to be joking.
Robertson? Toss of a coin for me, both Riise and Aurelio were good players too, particularly Aurelio when he could stay fit.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:48 pm

Where did I say “Firmino over Torres “ ?

Reina also had plenty of glaring errors so yes I would take Allison but then that’s just a personal choice

The overriding issue is you have nothing but positive to say about a team that won nothing whilst being very critical of the current team

If Rafas team had actually won the title that year you would have a point but they won nothing , they dropped points against poor teams and failed to score plenty of times against the supposed weaker teams.
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:52 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas » Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:48 pm wrote:Where did I say “Firmino over Torres “ ?

Reina also had plenty of glaring errors so yes I would take Allison but then that’s just a personal choice

The overriding issue is you have nothing but positive to say about a team that won nothing whilst being very critical of the current team

If Rafas team had actually won the title that year you would have a point but they won nothing , they dropped points against poor teams and failed to score plenty of times against the supposed weaker teams.

Who does Firmino replace then?
And yes Reina dropped clangers but that was at the end of his career here, in his first 3 seasons he was outstanding.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:55 pm

To be fair yakka, if you were happy with that 2009 team, you should kinda be happy with this team as well. Not going to argue which team was better, some of my all time favorite players played in their prime in that 2009 team, but this team now is at least on par with them.

Not saying this team can't do with some improvement, but I think everyone is doing the best they know and can right now, especially Klopp. Even owners included. We are actually over achieving at the moment IMO, considering what sort of money powerhouses we're competing against, so the least we can do is give the team a bit of support.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:57 pm

No he wasn’t - remember the Derby

And Firmino would play with Torres

But still missing the point as normal - you praise a team that won nothing and threw away the title whilst are continuely critical against the current team. You are a hypocrite
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:16 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:22 am wrote:We are playing a more controlled style of football instead of the gengen pressing style that we have been more familiar with the previous 2 years. What this means is we're conserving energy so we can challenge on all fronts for the rest of the season.

You look at Chelsea who have gone out full throttle to adapt the same style of football we used last season and how shattered all their players were against spurs.. that would have been us again this year, but Klopp has learnt from his past errors and now we look fresher than ever.

It's ugly to watch at times but you look back at the 90s and United were awful to watch at times and stole alot of games in the last minutes of matches.. and they were dominant over the season.

Yesterday we kept possession well, we tired Watford out by them having to chase the ball, and we took our chances. It was a perfect win.

We can't be negative because the new tactics are working and we have City in our sights still and we still have a couple of gears we can go up in to really challenge this year.

I feel this is the new way Klopp will play now i don't think we will go blitzing teams like we did last season.

However i do miss the quick 2-3 goals in space of minutes the way we bombarded teams.

To be fair the way we are playing  is boring but it is working at the moment that is why we are conceding hardly any goals.

I'm going to expect similar play away against PSG.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:44 pm

Lallana-in-pyjamas you’re heavy work aren’t you son?
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:54 pm

I think some of us on the forum wants this season to be THE season that we finally win the league and therefore abit too harsh on the manager.

I'm afraid that our peak as a team and manager is coinciding with Man City's peak. To be fair to Klopp and our owners, how does one compete with a team financed by oil money, financially do not play fairly, has a world class manager just like us and a world class squad that is much much deeper than ours. The fact that we are competing is enormous credit to Klopp. Its been 3-4 seasons that one club outperforms the rest and make it into a one horse race in the league, Chelsea, Leicester, Chelsea and City. I was hoping it'll be us this season that races ahead. But... City has shown that last season wasnt a one off so now we are having to compete with them. Since the 2nd half of last season to up till now, I don't have much complaints on the manager's performance. I have plenty of things to say however on the front three and their selfishness.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pig Catcher » Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:29 pm

Good post copied from Rawk.

I'm genuinely a little surprised at people criticising the performance from yesterday. It looked to me, especially on second watch, like a consummate away performance against a good, dangerous and physical premier league team.

Yes, the first half was devoid of much action, but we absolutely controlled proceedings, had the better chances - Mane's superb  bicycle kick on the run, Bobby's snapshot after the high press and Mo's header from the well worked and planned corner.

I'm not sure what people expect from a first half in a tough away? Sure, an early goal would be nice, but Watford were always going to be better rested and prepared than us and we've already seen that they're very well organised and tough to break down. That first half, and a lot of the start of the second was about keeping the ball, moving the ball, forcing them to run, close gaps, think on their feet and answer the questions we posed from open play and dead ball situations. The net result is that they're f*cking knackered after an hour and the spaces open up. Take the first, the full back gets caught about 4 yards out of position and we expose it ruthlessly - nearly getting in soon before with a very similar situation only for Mane to be flagged off.

These games, as dumb as it sounds, are all about that first goal. Get it early and maybe those spaces open earlier as they push forward more, if not, then you need to receive or force a mistake - Bobby, score a brilliant goal - Mane's attempt, or take chances from dead ball situations - Mo's. We're absolutely rock solid at the back, and for the first time in years have a keeper who saves everything he should save while being alert and excellent when there are opportunities to start quick attacks.

The XG shows us at 1.4 and them 0.6 (if my memory hasn't failed me) and I'm starting to look at the spread/difference of those numbers as a reflect of superiority. In this case our number is, almost, 3 times that of theirs. We could have scored more too with Bobby playing a poor ball directly before the 2nd Henderson yellow.

Generally, I think it's the best we've played in a while, Mane and Mo looked razor sharp and Bobby seemed much more like himself, finding space, linking well with those around him and just generally being a threat. Gininwas quietly superb, snuffing things out, creating space, running his ***** off and moving the ball quickly. Our full backs were excellent, the centre halves absolutely dominant, against a ***** of a player to handle in Deeney.

Most points ever in a season at this stage. Not Premier league era - EVER. For a club of our stature thats a huge stat. Least goals conceded too as well I think. Strength in depth, boss manager and a genuine collective mentality throughout the squad, and, as much as you'll get, through fan base. And they both feed off each other.

Even when we were f*cking electric last season it wasn't in every game. We had ups and downs, games where we ground things out and games where we were a bit Sh*t. I wonder if a few of us have been watching too many compilation YouTube videos over the summer and forgotten what 90 minutes of football actually looks like game in, game out.

Lastly, just ignore City. Probability is we won't catch them, instead let's get behind this amazing set of lads who are setting new standards for this club. If they focus on doing their absolute best minute to minute, pass to pass, tackle to tackle then we'll be there or thereabouts. I don't think it's fair to ask for more than them to give everything they've got. They're doing that, and making us proud. 

Up the solid, ruthless, exceptional reds. 
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:07 am

Ffs this forum has hit rock bottom !! So much negatitivity it’s downright depressing. I’ve got bluenose mates that are more positive about Liverpool than most of the posters on this forum  :censored:
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:51 am

Alisson

Carragher
VVD
Robinson
Finnan

Gerrard
Alonso
Mascherano

Mane
Torres
Salah

That is the best players from Klopp/Rafa sides.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:21 pm

I would play 4-2-3-1

Alisson

AA
VVD
Carra
Robertson

Alonso
Gerrard

Mane
Firmino
Salah

Torres
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby Gerrard30391 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:25 pm

I pop on here from time to time and thought I'd come on to see a hole host of positivity today...apparently not!

We've kept a clean sheet at Vicarage Road, won 3-0 and seen Chelsea get absolutely trounced a few hours later. Why do we have to find something to whinge about?

On to PSG and then the derby please!
"I certainly wouldn't say I'm the best manager in the business, but I'm in the top one."
Gerrard30391
LFC Super Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:32 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas » Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:21 pm wrote:I would play 4-2-3-1

Alisson

AA
VVD
Carra
Robertson

Alonso
Gerrard

Mane
Firmino
Salah

Torres

What, just two in Midfield!????
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:34 pm

As someone said, regardless of what we do this season, we are clashing with Man City side at their peak. So this could be one reason we may fall short this season.

Again!
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games