Liverpool v Watford 17/3 k.o. 17.30

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:15 pm

We did very well to score five, considering the weather is awful today.
Well done redmen. Keep marching on!!!
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:17 am

red till i die!! » Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:44 pm wrote:Worth mentioning as well that it was brass monkeys out there tonight. That wind has a chill of at least -6.

Yeah Anfield was like an ice box ,luckily Salah and Firmino were red hot  :buttrock
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:21 am

I cracked up when Firmino scored and the commentator said "How dare you do that in the premier league". :D

Exquisite goal from Firmino.

Also to mention Virgil looked solid as ever his presence has made a huge difference.

2 weeks of no footy.....

I wonder how many of our lads will be off on international duty.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby parchpea » Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:50 am

Almost too easy, embarrassingly simple, like a knife through butter and we didn’t really get out of second gear.

When you think we achieve performances like this with what would be considered a bang average MF in the Premiership and a poor one in the CL, its all the more impressive.

If we can build a MF around Can (maybe) and Keita, then we can condemn Hendo and Wijnaldumn to the bench, along with Milner. Milner himself was a casualty when Man City took their MF to another level and thats what we need to do now.

Robertson fantastic again and that Firmino back heel, we make it look easy at our best, absolutely sublime.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:04 am

awesome performance. Salah's first goal was a basketball equivalent of an ankle breaker...  :laugh:
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:18 pm

parchpea » Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:50 am wrote:Almost too easy, embarrassingly simple, like a knife through butter and we didn’t really get out of second gear.

When you think we achieve performances like this with what would be considered a bang average MF in the Premiership and a poor one in the CL, its all the more impressive.

If we can build a MF around Can (maybe) and Keita, then we can condemn Hendo and Wijnaldumn to the bench, along with Milner. Milner himself was a casualty when Man City took their MF to another level and thats what we need to do now.

Robertson fantastic again and that Firmino back heel, we make it look easy at our best, absolutely sublime.

I think Milner has had a good season in midfield for us, especially against the smaller sides where most of our players aren't giving 100%, where as he's always giving 110%. He's also compensated for our lack of creativity, again, against the smaller sides. However, when the oppo has a bit more quality in them, his work-rate ends up equaling chasing shadows and his simple through balls that work against the smaller sides just end up being giving up possession. Bottom line is, although a very good squad player, he just lacks quality to take us to the next level, as you said. Probably same could be said about Wijnaldum, who has different qualities obviously(IMO he's a must have in big games for example), but ultimately isn't the kind of player you'd want to depend on in every game. Henderson is probably my least favourite, but maybe I'm being biased because he's also our captain (I'd expect more from a Liverpool captain).

So, all things considered, strengthening the midfield should be our number one priority in the summer (as it looks more and more likely we won't be signing a new goalie). With the imminent departure of Can, we'd need someone with similar qualities, someone that can pick up the ball from the defence and distribute it forward, but who also has some defensive awareness and capabilities. It will be a tough task to find such a player, but I'm willing to splash every single penny we'd have in our transfer kitty for that player.

This is how I'd like our midfield to look like next season (starter/substitute):

New Player/Henderson

Chamberlain/Milner.              Keita/Wijnaldum

Ended up being a longer post than I originally wanted but oh well :D
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:35 pm

Two weeks break now.... It gets boring, next up, crystal Palace!

Bring it on Benteke and Co! :buttrock
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:36 pm

He's not bad this Salah lad, he should be a regular starter.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:42 pm

Reg » Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:36 pm wrote:He's not bad this Salah lad, he should be a regular starter.

Nah, he wastes too many chances and is too one footed  :;):
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:18 am

Ghost of Shankly » Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:35 pm wrote:Two weeks break now.... It gets boring, next up, crystal Palace!

Bring it on Benteke and Co! :buttrock

That will be a tough match with Zaha potentially back and also Palace desperate for points. If we beat them lot we will have a nice cushion prior to Spurs facing Chelsea.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:42 am

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:42 pm wrote:
Reg » Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:36 pm wrote:He's not bad this Salah lad, he should be a regular starter.

Nah, he wastes too many chances and is too one footed  :;):

I'll take your word for it mate, I missed the game.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:30 am

algymoon » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:49 pm wrote:It was a joy to watch such good football display, All players have played very well, especially Salah, he really reminds me of Kevin Keegan in his close dribbling and his moves. He deserves all the credit he gets.

Good Luck Lads

algymoon » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:31 am wrote:
The acquisition of Salah for almost £40M, it is a clear indication of f*cking nutcase manager' stupid strategy, the team's main problem is scoring goals and having a top class CF who can provide the team with 20 + goals a season, a problem which it was not resolved by the previous idiot BR or this Nutcase Klopp!.
To purchase an average and second-grade player (Salah) at £40M, it is an expensive and waste of money!, there are more vital departments and positions in the team which is needing to be sorted out, both full back position, especially left back, goalkeeping, which both squad keepers are below average and both weak!.  Top priorities is CB, and CF, at least a left back, and possibly another top keeper.
What a winger like Salah will bring to a team which is full with many wingers, Mane, Firmino, Lallaana, plus youner players!,
Let the Nutcase put him hope on the useless CF Origi who would score 7-8 goals a season if he is lucky!
It does appear that the average Salah will be the only siging of this summer, LFC is very quite in transfer market this summer!. A stark indication of LFC steady decline

Surprised you have anything to say about Salah after that idiotic rant at the start of the season, you silly flog....
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby supersub » Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:05 am

:D
eds » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:30 am wrote:
algymoon » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:49 pm wrote:It was a joy to watch such good football display, All players have played very well, especially Salah, he really reminds me of Kevin Keegan in his close dribbling and his moves. He deserves all the credit he gets.

Good Luck Lads

algymoon » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:31 am wrote:
The acquisition of Salah for almost £40M, it is a clear indication of f*cking nutcase manager' stupid strategy, the team's main problem is scoring goals and having a top class CF who can provide the team with 20 + goals a season, a problem which it was not resolved by the previous idiot BR or this Nutcase Klopp!.
To purchase an average and second-grade player (Salah) at £40M, it is an expensive and waste of money!, there are more vital departments and positions in the team which is needing to be sorted out, both full back position, especially left back, goalkeeping, which both squad keepers are below average and both weak!.  Top priorities is CB, and CF, at least a left back, and possibly another top keeper.
What a winger like Salah will bring to a team which is full with many wingers, Mane, Firmino, Lallaana, plus youner players!,
Let the Nutcase put him hope on the useless CF Origi who would score 7-8 goals a season if he is lucky!
It does appear that the average Salah will be the only siging of this summer, LFC is very quite in transfer market this summer!. A stark indication of LFC steady decline

Surprised you have anything to say about Salah after that idiotic rant at the start of the season, you silly flog....
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:01 pm

The 'dud' Firmino  has only scored 23 goals this season, including 7 goals in 8 games in the Champions League  :D
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Klopptomaniac » Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:46 pm

Any matchgoers on here? What was the song the kop were singing all game? It created a good atmosphere where I was sat
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games