Liverpool Vs Watford 27/02 20:00 ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Franky000 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:43 am

Nice finish from origi; think we’ll be seeing more of him as a starter? He seems to have a knack of scoring out of nowhere.

City got lucky, but then we could so easily have lost to the scum at the weekend.
Franky000

Postby Reg » Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:31 am

Jeez LFC make you suffer don't they? Good/bad/good/bad..... we need the continuous quality brought by having 2 more top quality players.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:35 am

Liverpool’s victory means the Reds now have 69 points with just 10 matches remaining in the Premier League; each of the previous seven sides to amass such a tally after 28 matches have gone on to win the title...  however... with max 99 points on offer, we won't get 100 points which is what people said we'd need to beat City!
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:04 am

The front three of Salah, Mané and Firmino  have looked readable and vulnerable in many games this season and Klopp has been reluctant to change things which is understandable. However last night Origi offered a very different dimension playing on the left and make no mistake he did an excellent job and probably scored the best goal all night. My one criticism of Klopp is that he doesn’t change things quickly enough. Moreno, Mignolet and Clyne are classic examples. Reasonable players but never up to trophy winning standards. Henderson is another that falls into that category. They are all squad players at best. It took Clyne and Moreno to get injured before Klopp did anything and now we have Trent and Robbo doing exceptional work. It took ***** up after ***** up from Mignolet and then a CL final disaster from Karius before anything was done. Lovren is another accident waiting to happen and again it took an injury for Klopp to realise just how good Gomez was in Lovren’s position. Klopp has done some great work but the squad still needs a massive amount of work and upgrades are required in numerous areas if we are to seriously compete with the very best. Serious lessons were learned in the CL final and we have come a very long way. Quite simply we have got to be a lot more proactive rather than being reactive and we are now in a much better financial place to do that. Let’s face it we are close to greatness but sometimes close is not enough !!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:02 pm

Reg » Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:35 am wrote:Liverpool’s victory means the Reds now have 69 points with just 10 matches remaining in the Premier League; each of the previous seven sides to amass such a tally after 28 matches have gone on to win the title...  however... with max 99 points on offer, we won't get 100 points which is what people said we'd need to beat City!

Neither will City though. I think 93-95 points will be enough to win the league this season.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Red Rum » Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:46 pm

Be cautious when we ask to see more of Origi in a red shirt folks, as he isn't consistently good. He was good last night,but we have too many great players who have "disappeared" in a lot of matches this season, including Salah.

Consistently playing well is the key to winning the league.
Red Rum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:55 pm

Red Rum » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:46 am wrote:Be cautious when we ask to see more of Origi in a red shirt folks, as he isn't consistently good. He was good last night,but we have too many great players who have "disappeared" in a lot of matches this season, including Salah.

Origi isn't the best player to ever pull on a red shirt but I do think that wide forward role suits him, he's quite quick for a tall lad and if he's got space to run in to he can be a handful for any defender. He's liable to chip in with the odd goal as well.
If our normal front 3 are struggling to break a team down taking Bobby off and playing last night's front 3 would definitely be an option. Mane looked very sharp up top, given his recent goalscoring form he may be being wasted out wide.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby algymoon » Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:19 pm

A much better game and performance, Mane and Alex were excellent, now we must brush Everton aside on Sunday and bring the smile back.
Good luck lads
algymoon

Postby Reg » Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:21 pm

Origi, Solanke.. we've had tens of players not good enough to win the league.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:31 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:55 pm wrote:
Red Rum » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:46 am wrote:Be cautious when we ask to see more of Origi in a red shirt folks, as he isn't consistently good. He was good last night,but we have too many great players who have "disappeared" in a lot of matches this season, including Salah.

Origi isn't the best player to ever pull on a red shirt but I do think that wide forward role suits him, he's quite quick for a tall lad and if he's got space to run in to he can be a handful for any defender. He's liable to chip in with the odd goal as well.
If our normal front 3 are struggling to break a team down taking Bobby off and playing last night's front 3 would definitely be an option. Mane looked very sharp up top, given his recent goalscoring form he may be being wasted out wide.

Agreed! Can't argue with what we saw ,Origi had very positive impact on the overall attacking play including the bonus goal...Bobby has gone missing way too many games this season and Mo + Mane are far from shining..If Origi's brings out the best of this trio then sure continue playing him.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:47 pm

I would play the same line up against Everton and see if we maintain the same sort of play like we did with Watford.

Origi did well out wide and like few pundits said it took pressure off him from leading the front. He linked up well with the lads so i wouldn't mind us giving it another shot. Firmino may  ot be 100% ready so I'd save him for the following match.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:26 pm

I've got a feeling Bobby is told to come deep for the ball and to help back by Klopp.. I think too much pressure is on Bobby to link up play. The year before he played as a proper no9 and pressed from the front, this year he seems to be playing more of a attacking midfield role.

I would try Origi again from outwide and Mane as no9 again.. like I've said before competition for places is a good thing.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:32 pm

Red Rum » Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:46 pm wrote:Be cautious when we ask to see more of Origi in a red shirt folks, as he isn't consistently good. He was good last night,but we have too many great players who have "disappeared" in a lot of matches this season, including Salah.

We all wanted to see Origi start the game after the last minute goal he scored against Everton... AND he stunk the place out against Burnley the game after. I'm sure we was 1-0 down before he was took off.
Last edited by UvS xR4GEx on Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:45 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:32 pm wrote:
Red Rum » Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:46 pm wrote:Be cautious when we ask to see more of Origi in a red shirt folks, as he isn't consistently good. He was good last night,but we have too many great players who have "disappeared" in a lot of matches this season, including Salah.

We all wanted to see Origi start the game after the last minute goal he scored against Everton... AND he stunk the place out against Burnley the game after. I'm sure we was 1-0 before he was took off.

This is perhaps why Origi has never established himself as a true, top flight striker. 

I'm all for giving him another go if Bobby isn't 100%, but think he'll shift to the bench if our brilliant Brazilian is fit
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red Rum » Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:08 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:55 pm wrote:

Agreed.
But we could also play Shaqiri in the coutinho position something like..
        Shaqiri
    Salah.    Mane
Red Rum
LFC Advanced Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games