Watford Vs Liverpool Sat 12th Aug 12:30

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Doeboy » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:46 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:23 pm wrote:
Doeboy » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:18 pm wrote:Completely agree with Carra here...

Carragher replied: 'You talk about Van Dijk and yeah, he's a good player, but it comes from the sides of the pitch and the way Liverpool set up.
'They play so high and wide that they have a centre-back exposed there all the time. One player's not going to change that.'
He added at full-time: 'Liverpool lose the ball and their centre backs are exposed, even if you have Franco Baresi there you are going to get exposed.
'It's almost impossible. What defenders can do that?' Van Dijk will improve it, yeah, but one man can't change it all.'
'If you want to challenge for the Premier League then you need to concede 30 or 35 goals, so they need to take 15 goals away. The manager has been there 18 months now but there has been no change.
'It's not rocket science how Liverpool concede goals, set-pieces and counter attacks. It's not just players making one mistake, the whole system looks wrong and set-pieces are a mess. They have been for a long time.'

Interesting her makes the point about Klopp being there 18 months yet we still have the same defensive frailities.

It's not the system its the personnel, Spurs play exactly the same way we do but they had the second or third best defence in the country last year. In fact their fullbacks arguably play further up the pitch than ours do, the difference is that they have 2 rocks in Wanyama and Dier screening their defence whilst we have Hendo + another.
I do agree with Carragher though in the sense that I don't think Virgil Van Dijk will be the one man solution to all our problems, Matip and Lovren are actually not that bad, it's not often that they lose one-on-one duels in the air or on the floor it's just that they get very little protection.
We need to find our own versions of Wanyama and Dier, it's a pity Sakho is persona non grata, he might of filled one of the spots in our midfield.

More likely it's a combination of both to be honest mate. With our attacking game, we do leave ourselves very open defensively. Redknapp was going about how if we had Van Dijk out there today he would have cleared the danger for their first goal as he is a real physical presence while forgetting that Matip at 6'5 is hardly a dwarf.

On the spurs comparisons, they usually have Wanyama and Dembele playing in there with Dier as a 3rd centreback or sometimes coming in to rotate with Wanyama. I agree they are very good, especially Wanyama at filling  in the holes at the back when they push forward. I think Keita would have been that kind of player for us but seeing as Leipzig don't seem to be budging, we have to look elsehwhere. However, having two rocks in front of our defence does not resolve our issues with conceding at set pieces. The below doesn't make good reading at all..

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DHCKcb7XoAABn9a.jpg
Doeboy

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:07 pm

Well having 2 big imposing CM's like Wanyama and Dier would obviously help you defend set pieces too. It's almost like having 4 CB's.
I must admit though right across the board we are a bit timid when it comes to putting our head in where it hurts, Lovren is probably the only player in our team that I'd describe as being physically brave, Matip is decent in the air but that's only because of his height, Dejan is the only player who really attacks the ball in the air with intent.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby sniffy98 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:40 pm

Yakka clearly the last one was ridiculously offside but their other two goals were legit albeit dreadful from our point of view. Just before their equaliser the writing was on the wall when Mig called for it, refused to take a simple catch then failed to even punch it. He didn't have a clue where the ball was and that summed our defence up very well. Until/if VVD arrives, Klopp should swallow his pride and play our best defender Sakho.
sniffy98

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:55 pm

Gutted to concede that last goal. And even though it was offside, it was deserved. However, before anyone gets carried away, it's only the first game of the season. We're missing players through injury and I think one or two will come in before the window slams shut. 

Could be worse...we could be Chelsea  :D
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby algymoon » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:28 pm

It was a total shambles and disgraceful performance from an average team with an exaggeration reputation of being a title challenger, which it is in reality never on, but only a true myth! It was the Nutcase’s baseless hypes by trying to fool LFC fans with a highly charged emotional false hope.

It was more of the same of last season, the defense none existing, especially the central pairing, no real competition in that department, from who the flat foot Klavan, or Gomez!, our best CB Sakho on being left out because of the gutless manager!  a donkey captain who get selected because he is the captain, master of square and back passes, he was at fault for the second goal... The master Dud the nutcase’s best CF, which it shows the main core of the team... Useless CB, dud CM, Dud CF... This is the nutcase main team!.

The Nutcase manager said we have prepared ourselves in pre-season... Title challenger, well there is no improvement from last season apart from the manager hypes! The team plan B is another Dud ‘Origi’
The best players were only four, Can (should be the team captain), Mane, Alexandra, and Moreno might be Lovern in latter stages, the rest are average useless players like their nutcase manager. He has been in charge far too long, and there was no evidence of change in tactics or style of play, apart from hypes and heavy metal type of football no strategy and one dimensional based on plan A.

Does anyone blame Coutinho for leaving this average club? not really! good luck to him.

LFC is in a steady decline!
algymoon

Postby only me » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:10 pm

algymoon » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:28 pm wrote:It was a total shambles and disgraceful performance from an average team with an exaggeration reputation of being a title challenger, which it is in reality never on, but only a true myth! It was the Nutcase’s baseless hypes by trying to fool LFC fans with a highly charged emotional false hope.

It was more of the same of last season, the defense none existing, especially the central pairing, no real competition in that department, from who the flat foot Klavan, or Gomez!, our best CB Sakho on being left out because of the gutless manager!  a donkey captain who get selected because he is the captain, master of square and back passes, he was at fault for the second goal... The master Dud the nutcase’s best CF, which it shows the main core of the team... Useless CB, dud CM, Dud CF... This is the nutcase main team!.

The Nutcase manager said we have prepared ourselves in pre-season... Title challenger, well there is no improvement from last season apart from the manager hypes! The team plan B is another Dud ‘Origi’
The best players were only four, Can (should be the team captain), Mane, Alexandra, and Moreno might be Lovern in latter stages, the rest are average useless players like their nutcase manager. He has been in charge far too long, and there was no evidence of change in tactics or style of play, apart from hypes and heavy metal type of football no strategy and one dimensional based on plan A.

Does anyone blame Coutinho for leaving this average club? not really! good luck to him.

LFC is in a steady decline!

guess you will be leaving as well soon..Take care mate dont let the door hit you in the nuts...
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:18 pm

We started the first half playing the same turgid languid passing we used against the smaller teams last season and we got punished as is per. Its also still more than evident  that practically every ball either thrown or kicked into our box and we flap more than f*cking Icarus,so surely Grujic thrown into the midfield mix would have helped with our defending set pieces and provided a touch of steel in the middle

I mean, when was the last time you've seen Henderson make a headed clearance  ??? I know its only the start of the season and teams often don't find form until they've played out a few fixtures, but surely Klopp must have envisaged the tactics Watford would use against us and yet he started three midfielders with the same mindset,and then he substitutes two of our best attacking threats and throws on another midfielder in Milner and a forward who would struggle to keep hold of the ball if you duck taped the fucker to him.

I love Klopp but I'm not afraid to aim criticism in his direction equally as quick as I am to deflect it when its undeserved, especially when he says the underlying reason we conceded the third was due to sitting too deep and yet he contributed to that evolving by removing Firmino and Salah the only two players albeit from Mane who kept us up that end of the pitch  ???

Sorry boss but the three points were thrown away by some decidedly strange substitutions.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:27 pm

It doesn't matter what stage of the season it is we have got to be taking 3 points off sides like Watford. For me it wasn't that we drew but in the manner we did that was the killer. 3 goals conceded on the first day  :down: 2 from set pieces  :down: Just when we get a hold of the game we go and throw it away again. Mingolet should have not been beaten there either.
Its the same old stuff again just a different season.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Klopptomaniac » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:12 pm

Absolutely nothing has changed, we've picked up exactly where we left off. React after going behind, all over the place defensively, can't defend set pieces and sure as hell can't protect a lead. I'm not confident in the slightest about Hoffenheim and our CL chances. The owners or Klopp (whoever's calling the shots here) need to get their fingers out and get some reinforcements in, couldn't give a stuff what it costs, you bring a gun to a gun fight.
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby redshade » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:45 pm

We are a joke at set pieces a fecking pathetic joke. Its a major problem we have that still has not been addressed. Same as last season whenever a team will get a corner they will rub their hands as 90% chance that they will score.
Why do i get a feeling we will see a repeat of last season.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:49 am

Carra and Redknapp had a heated debate about our problems.

https://youtu.be/6pjh8UXT4jw

Carra says its the way we play why were weak at the back while Redknapp thinks we need tougg leaders at the back.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:39 am

redshade » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:49 am wrote:Carra and Redknapp had a heated debate about our problems.

Carra says its the way we play why were weak at the back while Redknapp thinks we need tougg leaders at the back.

Finding myself agreeing with Carra. We don't zonal mark particularly well from set pieces and think this is more down to setup. Also our centre backs get exposed far too often. Carra is right that even the best centre backs in the world would struggle if they are exposed so much.

I agree with Yakka in that we do need a defensive minded player in midfield. Defensive player doesn't just mean someone who can put a tackle in but someone who as good positioning and also the in game nous to cover any space/holes, especially when we push forward. Likes of Kante, Matic, Dier and Wanyama (he is looking an absolute bargain at £11m) do it really well Neither Hendo or Can fit the profile to be honest (For me, it's either Hendo or Can in the team, not both together). Maybe Keita was that man but if we can't get him, Klopp needs to have an alternative. He can't just refuse to fix a weakness if he can't get his no 1 target.
Doeboy

Postby algymoon » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:37 am

All the nutcase faithful! just shows how this useless manager has no strategy whatsoever because he now just realized after last season and this pre-season he needs to buy top players urgently... all of this after he said that we have prepared the team well and he will need not buy CB because he will depend on four CBs in an average squad. I didn't say that! but it was the nutcase statement! His best CF the master dud Firmino who is no FC at all but a useless winger, and his backer is wonderful dud Origi!

Come guys wake up, this club is going down hill, and it is about time to face it, with a manager this shitty nutcase will not go that far!
algymoon

Postby C-R » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:54 am

algymoon » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:37 am wrote:All the nutcase faithful! just shows how this useless manager has no strategy whatsoever because he now just realized after last season and this pre-season he needs to buy top players urgently... all of this after he said that we have prepared the team well and he will need not buy CB because he will depend on four CBs in an average squad. I didn't say that! but it was the nutcase statement! His best CF the master dud Firmino who is no FC at all but a useless winger, and his backer is wonderful dud Origi!

Come guys wake up, this club is going down hill, and it is about time to face it, with a manager this shitty nutcase will not go that far!

Been waiting for your match day report, I feel invigorated and more positive now  :bowdown
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Klopptomaniac » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:27 pm

redshade » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:49 am wrote:Carra and Redknapp had a heated debate about our problems.

Combination for me. We lack leadership but the setup is also clearly an issue. We've signed expensive centre halves and nothing has changed. I'm more inclined to say the setup is the main issue though. Man Utd don't have world class defensive personnel but Maureen manages to get them to gel as a unit on the pitch.
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games