Watford v Liverpool 24/11 15.00pm k.o.

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:02 am

Intense run of games coming up, ten games before end of December, so expect a fair bit of rotation by our manager. Keita back from injury, so I'd go with..

Alisson

TAA Gomez VVD Robertson

Wjnaldum  Fabinho
       Keita/Milner

Salah.   Firmino.   Mane.

Prediction 1-3 to us.:buttrock
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:33 am

Think they grabbed a last minute equaliser for a 3.3 the last time we went there. Hopefully it will be nothing like that this time and we finally put someone to the sword. I'd happily take a 1.0 though if it meant 3 points as that's the most important thing.

Defence picks itself for me. Allisson, T,A, Gomez, Virgil, Robbo. Would like to see Fabinho, Gini and Keita in the mid with the usual 3 up top. Can't see Klopp going without Milner or Henderson though.

Anyway can't wait for it and delighted that international shyte is over for a few months. Love 3pm kick offs on a Saturday  :buttrock
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:27 am

Back to business lets go there and snap 3 points.

Few rivals play each other.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby devaney » Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:03 am

5 hours before kick off and this illustrious forum has managed 3 comments !! Even our mod Woof seems to have done one. Not really surprising given the level of tedious and incredibly boring negative comments. I’ve always advocated constructive balanced criticism. Unfortunately though all we seem to get is whinge followed by more whinge !!

Rant over.

Good luck today lads. Won’t be easy Watford are playing well.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Pig Catcher » Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:24 am

I haven't looked at the stats so this is anecdotal, but Vicarage Road does seem to be an unhappy hunting ground for the big clubs, including us. Wouldn't be surprised if Watford have taken points from all the big boys at home in the last 2 years. Their pitch is one of the worst in the PL and they have a couple of real shithouses.

Lallana has a little knock and Ox is still out obviously but apart from that it looks like a full squad. Doubt Keita will start as Klopp said he was exhausted when he got back from international duty. With 3 full days to prepare for PSG I don't think we'll hold anyone back for that game.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:55 am

for me the season starts today ,if we don't get our act together start displaying real quality cohesion fluidity of play then its all going to end in a big bang within a month.

Klopp should get the new lads integrated sort his tactics and push forward with ferocity.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Pig Catcher » Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:50 pm

only me » Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:55 am wrote:for me the season starts today ,if we don't get our act together start displaying real quality cohesion fluidity of play then its all going to end in a big bang within a month.

Klopp should get the new lads integrated sort his tactics and push forward with ferocity.

Undefeated, in 2nd place and only 2 points behind the apparently invincible Man City, joint best defence in the league, and only 3 teams have scored more than us - but yeah we need to get our act together.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby electrum » Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:25 pm

I don't think anyone can knock (or is knocking) the position we find ourselves in - it's great to be on City's coat tails.

What all of us want to see is the flowing, fluid football of last season in the final third. Our defensive displays have improved out of sight.

Our attacking play in the final third has gone in the opposite direction - up until now anyway. Mo, Bobby and Mane as a unit haven't clicked to any great extent yet.

Once we got all the cogs in the machine running as well as we know they can it will make for a very interesting second half of the season - not just in the PL but all competitions...
electrum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby only me » Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:51 pm

Pig Catcher » Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:50 am wrote:
only me » Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:55 am wrote:for me the season starts today ,if we don't get our act together start displaying real quality cohesion fluidity of play then its all going to end in a big bang within a month.

Undefeated, in 2nd place and only 2 points behind the apparently invincible Man City, joint best defence in the league, and only 3 teams have scored more than us - but yeah we need to get our act together.

yep that's exactly what i mean...Stats are good now performance and progress needs to follow.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:05 pm

devaney » Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:03 am wrote:5 hours before kick off and this illustrious forum has managed 3 comments !! Even our mod Woof seems to have done one. Not really surprising given the level of tedious and incredibly boring negative comments. I’ve always advocated constructive balanced criticism. Unfortunately though all we seem to get is whinge followed by more whinge !!

Rant over.

Good luck today lads. Won’t be easy Watford are playing well.

Instead of whinging about it why don't you post more often? That would help.

Agree with RTID, thank God those internationals are over with for a few months, the season just hasn't got going it's been so stop/start, when those mid winter breaks kick it will hardly be worth watching. I'm from a generation where the season didn't stop for anything (bar snow), internationals were played during the week and the season was a 9 month solid block of club footy. Oh for those days now.
As for today's game I agree with only me, our results have been excellent but a lot of our performances haven't, we are where we are largely because of our defence, we are about a third of the way through the season now so it would be nice to see the front 3 start replicating some of their form from last season. Let's face it If our performances don't improve we'll be out of the CL in the next few weeks, PSG away and Napoli at home (a game we'll probably have to win by 2 clear goals) are tough propositions, it's time to put up or shut up now, it's time we started to play like we all know we can.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Pig Catcher » Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:11 pm

What if we scored 10 less this year but conceded 10 less and ended up with 10 points more but with not as much sexy football? Would people be happy with that?
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:46 pm

Pig Catcher » Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:11 pm wrote:What if we scored 10 less this year but conceded 10 less and ended up with 10 points more but with not as much sexy football? Would people be happy with that?

Don't know about people, but I think that's the manager's plan. We've been doing great so far, it's just our luck that City are unstoppable.

Anyway, as for the game, Watford are a tough oponent at their place, make no mistake. They tend to play better against bigger teams so we should be cautious. I'd take a 1-0, 2-1 win.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Pig Catcher » Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:06 pm

Team confirmed. Gomez must have a knock.

Allison

Trent          Lovren          VVD          Robertson

Gini          Hendo

Shaq          Firmino          Mane

Salah

Subs: Sturridge, Keita, Milner, Fabinho, Clyne, Matip, Migs
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:53 pm

Fabinho on the bench  :glare:
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:28 pm

Hendo so pale and average..Team is way to casual in approach and tempo..
only me
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games