Liverpool Vs Watford 27/02 20:00 ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby redshade » Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:16 am

If we want to go for the title then it is time to go on a strong run starting with a home win against Watford.

A good solid performance will hopefully remove some negativity and give the lads the mental push they need. Win this and against the bitters then im confident we will go on a strong run.

Our oppo are a decent side 7th in the league so this won't be a walk in the park.
Two tough games coming up for us!!!
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:20 am

We are clearly floundering atm, we look like a team that hasn't got the faintest idea how to break down the opposition, those aimless hoofs second half last Sunday were actually soul destroying given the importance of the game.
Jurgen has done a phenomenal job taking us to a EL final, CL final and now putting together a genuine title challenge in consecutive seasons but he needs to recognise that this is slipping away.
IMO we need to do one of two things, we need to either play an extra attacker so our front 3 have some support or we go back to the type of high tempo football we were playing last season where we pressed the opposition high up the pitch and hunted the ball in packs.
If we are going to go down let's at least go down swinging.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby electrum » Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:11 pm

I think a midfield of Fab, Gini and Keita give us the best balance  between defence and attack.
Fabinho has the ability to pick a pass that is actually asking a question of the defence and Naby can glide past players at will when he is on his game.

Bobby may be forced to sit out a game or two in which case I would have Shaq on the right, Mane on the left and Salah down the middle.
electrum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby only me » Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:22 pm

Should be a relative comfortable game to play ,while Watford are flying high at the moment they don't have relegation battles to consider and will fancy their chance scoring against us.
This will develop to less tactical game and will allow us to show our strength.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:48 pm

Just get the win.

Alisson

TAA
Matip
VVD
Robo

Fabinho
Gini
Keita

Shaqiri
Mane
Salah

(If Bobby is injured)
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby electrum » Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:23 pm

That's our best/ most offensive 11 right there (with Bobby being injured) and what I would like to see as first choice midfield for the rest of the PL campaign.
electrum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Pig Catcher » Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:59 pm

Injury update from Klopp's pre-match press conference earlier today.

“Naby was ill yesterday, unfortunately, but I’ve heard now, I got a message, that he is back for today. We have to see how he is.”

“[Dejan is] getting closer; they are all getting closer, thank God – the injuries don’t get more serious in our rehab. But no, not for tomorrow - nobody else coming back.”

“Bobby looks good, we were obviously lucky. It is not as serious as we thought in the first moment - if Bobby goes down and leaves the pitch it is always a bad sign because he's a pretty hard boy.

“We play tomorrow and it will be very close for that, but there’s a big chance for the derby [on Sunday].

“Because it’s Bobby, I would say ‘yes [there is a chance for Watford]’, but I don’t know if I would use that chance because we played Sunday and then Wednesday immediately.

“Writing Bobby off is a big mistake because he recovers pretty quick.”
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:06 pm

Klopp is right about Bobby he is a hard lad, rarely gets injured.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby devaney » Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:36 pm

I like Damjan’s team. Give Milly and Hendo a rest. We need a far more creative midfield and Kieta could provide the solution. Would only start Shaq is Bobby is injured. We can win this but it won’t be easy.

COYR

YNWA
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Red Rum » Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:37 pm

3 points needed here and a convincing win. Shaqiri surely has to start this one ahead of sick note Sturridge!??
Red Rum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby killerp » Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:41 am

What we need now is another warm weather fookin.g holiday for the players as they look tired and are in ***** form. Riding bikes in the sun will surely fix our problems.
killerp

Postby redshade » Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:33 am

killerp » Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:41 am wrote:What we need now is another warm weather fookin.g holiday for the players as they look tired and are in ***** form. Riding bikes in the sun will surely fix our problems.

:D

I really wonder what the heck do they do in their holiday breaks. When they come back they look wasted. I feel when we have biggaps we perform poor. This sort of side needs to be playing consistently.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Red Rum » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:22 am

killerp » Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:41 pm wrote:What we need now is another warm weather fookin.g holiday for the players as they look tired and are in ***** form. Riding bikes in the sun will surely fix our problems.

They've already had two this year. 3 breaks in the sun is taking the p*ss
Red Rum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Reg » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:27 am

Tommy Smith never needed a holiday.   Freakin’ snowflakes.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pig Catcher » Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:19 am

As a change from previous mid-season training camps, it sounds like the first break we had in Dubai was literally that, a break. Very little training – mainly downtime to recover. The second training camp in Marbella was more like the previous camps with plenty of training – including double sessions on a couple of days. Durning the draws we’ve had over the last month we haven’t looked tired at all. But we’ve looked out of rhythm likes it’s pre-season. Simple one-two touch stuff has been off and quite a few players just haven’t looked sharp. Not sure two long breaks has helped us much in the short term but it should help in the long-term. After rusty looking performances against Leicester and West Ham we looked much better against Bournemouth. So I’m hoping we’ll hit our stride tonight after two poor performances.

In terms of the line-up, hopefully Trent and Keita come in for Milner and Henderson. And if Firmino isn’t fit enough to start either Origi or Shaq should come in, not Sturridge.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games