NAPOLI VS LIVERPOOL - thursday 21st october 18.00 ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby mkingdom » Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:09 pm

Reina, Jones, Hansen, Konchesky, Aurelio, Kyrgiakos, Skrtel, Wilson, Carragher, Kelly, Spearing, Poulsen, Shelvey, Maxi, Babel, Jovanovic, Pacheco, Eccleston, Cole, Ngog
From that lot I would go with -

Reina
Kelly   Carra  Skrtl   Aurelio
Babel  Shelvey  Spearing  Jova
              Cole
                   Ngog

We look very light in CM, so I went with two youngsters, as I'd rather play anyone than Poulsen!
mkingdom

Postby metalhead » Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:23 pm

don't care... play all youngsters and lets concentrate on the league more importantly.

really don't care about this game.

0-0 draw
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:30 pm

Guess who is flying the team.....

My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Raven » Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:44 pm

3 nil them.  Followed by a upbeat roy who will claim it was a great result not to lose by 6.
The Raven

Postby Madmax » Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:29 pm

napoli to win 3-1.. Dossena to score double...

Roy hodgson post match interview - " I think we played some lovely football and probably the best i've seen us play since the 5 mins of dominance against everton. We scored 1 goal and conceded 3 which is not bad, it could have been 5 or 7 goals so im happy it was only 3. Things are looking better now we have poulsen back in the mix. This is good stuff im chuffed to bit and btw did i forget to tell you im a tw*at who gets a hard on whilst watching the "Antique roadshow""
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:03 pm

bavlondon wrote:Guess who is flying the team.....

Brucie!!!!!! :buttrock

The team will listen to alot of iron maiden on the plane then eh? :D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:28 pm

Cant express how disappointed I am at the notion of resting first team players when the club is on display in such a proud footballing nation. Once again its a poke in the eye for travelling fans and extremely disappointing for the local fans, both Reds and Napoli lads.

If we dont want to play in this cup - pull out. But dont subject the club to mockery.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anti-hero » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:37 pm

i agree.

how do you leave gerrard and torres out on something important as this?

napoli are no blackpool nor everton, and ffs we were horrible against them. who's going to start in the middle and up front then? poulsen and lucas? with raul in right field? and ngog up front? carra's at right back? fu.cking hell.

i'm already bracing myself for a loss. roy hodgson does not instill the slightest teeny weeny bit of confidence in me.
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby crim cram » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:54 pm

I wonder how much leaving out Gerrard and Torres will really matter.  Both have looked poor, it won't make a difference in the result.
“Me having no education. I had to use my brains.”  Shankly
crim cram
LFC Super Member

Postby KennyisGod....still » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:21 pm

metalhead wrote:
bavlondon wrote:Guess who is flying the team.....

Brucie!!!!!! :buttrock

The team will listen to alot of iron maiden on the plane then eh? :D

get them roused from their sleep with "Bring Your Daughter To The Slaughter" and with a bit of luck (ok, alotta luck) we'll be wingin it home with 3 points by "2 Minutes To Midnight"  :p
Stu Averill, a wannabe Scouse/Scot. I remember the good times & have faith in them comin back

Beside the Hillsborough Flame, I heard a Koppite mournin, "Why so many taken on that day?" Justice has never been done. But their memory we'll carry on. There'll be Glory Round The Fields Of Anfield Road
KennyisGod....still
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:23 pm

seen this in another forum and pmsl :laugh: .
might put owl smile on ya!!

After reading the latest on who travelled to Naples I have decided I want to change my proposed team for tomorrow..

GK- Humpty Dumpty
LB- Wile E Coyote
CB- Marvin the Martian
CB - Daffy Duck
RB- Roadrunner
LM- Minnie Mouse
CM- Fred Flintstone
CM- Barney Rubble
RM- Pluto
CF- Dangermouse
CF- Dick Dasterdly

Subs from- Pugh, Pugh, Barney McGrew, Cuthbert, Dibble & Gruff oh and Mr Benn as our secret weapon.

I reckon they stand as good a chance as anyone after one of Woy's team inspiring talks....
:D :laugh:.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC2007 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:25 pm

No Gerrard, no Torres, no Meireles (and no Lucas either), no Agger, no Johnson, against a very talented Napoli side. Fecking Fulham could put out a team that would have a better chance of getting a result.
LFC2007

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:33 pm

I don't think I could take watching this game ... it could completely shatter the fragile confidence of the youngsters  like Pacheco and Shelvey if they have no experienced players to ease them through .... I don't think this will make for pleasant viewing and it could easily destroy any notion of the Kids playing without fear and expressing their undoubted talent ..... the manager is not just throwing them in the deep end he is abandoning them at sea   :(
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:40 pm

cant see us being anything other than second best all game.id say 3.0 or 3.1 in napolis favour.
read this on the first page and after the nando comments from owl woy made my mind up that nows the time for him to go before he does real damage.:( .

"It's yet another opportunity for these players to blast their way into the team and force me to look at them in a different light, to make sure they are players that are first on the list and not down the pecking order." ??? .

in other words roy you have pretty much written all of em off and just told everyone.
well done roy you are now tactless as well as tactic;less.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby burjennio » Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:23 pm

Brue Dickinson, thats the coolest thing Ive heard in ages! We could do with getting Eddie in at centre half!
burjennio

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games