Liverpool V Stoke - EPL - Sunday 10th April KO: 4pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby C-R » Sat Apr 09, 2016 7:14 am

Wow, saturday and not match day thread yet... I suppose it's kind of an anti-climax match after the Dortmund match on thursday night, but this is our bread and butter, sounds funny to say this but if we beat Stoke tomorrow we will go a point above them with 2 games in hand

As already discussed on the official Hendo thread, the central midfield pairing is going to be the most difficult balancing act for us, Can suspended and both Hendo and Lucas injured, leaves us Milner and Allen, nothing wrong with that pairing but can we afford to risk both with the 2nd leg coming up?? Play you strongest team always ??

Let's not forget we have Kevin Stewart and Cameron Brannagan who can both play that role, however i think putting both in there against a really strong Stoke team might see us over run

These days Stoke are a really good team with some really classy players, this could be a very tough match for us but certainly one we should be winning

2-1 Liverpool  :nod
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:20 am

No way we should play only Milner and Allen in midfield.

There's only one question to be answered, Brannagan or Stewart? The league battle is lost anyway, so we won't be losing much if the gamble doesn't pay off.

I'd go with this:

Mignolet

Clyne        Lovren    Sakho      Moreno

Stew/Bran      Allen       Milner

Lallana                   Coutinho
                                                Sturridge     

It might be a good idea to rest Moreno/Clyne and play Flanagan. Resting Coutinho and playing Firmino might not be a bad idea either. The Dortmund game is far more important than this one.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:52 am

Yeah, you'd have to say us being 9 points adrift of City with only 7 or 8 games to go is too much of a gap to bridge.
We do have a game in hand but City have DeBruyne back now and going by their 4 nil demolition of Bournemouth and their impressive performance midweek in the CL they don't really look like they are on the verge of imploding anytime soon.
They play West Brom in the late game today and if they wipe the floor with them I'd play it smart and rest the likes of Coutinho, Lallana, Clyne etc for the Dortmund game and give the likes of Toure, Flanagan, Ibe, Ojo etc a run out tomorrow.
The truth is we haven't been consistent enough all season to finish in the top 4 and it's about time we realised that fact, where we have been quite good though is one off games against the better sides in the division so with the season ending next month I think it's time we threw all our eggs into the Europa league basket.
As it stands we have a good chance of winning the EL, we don't have a good chance of finishing 4th. Rest players please!
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby C-R » Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:53 am

damjan193 » Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:20 am wrote:I'd go with this:

Mignolet

Sturridge     

I like that team, would go with Stewart and maybe switch him out with Brannagan later on in the game
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:58 am

damjan193 » Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:20 am wrote:
I'd go with this:

Mignolet

Sturridge     

Sensible line up given our limited midfield options, but I'm wondering if Klopp might surprise us with a tactical change to our formation , a straight 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1 perhaps ?

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby C-R » Sat Apr 09, 2016 2:05 pm

Jürgen Klopp believes Jordan Henderson has a chance of returning to action before the end of the season – and confirmed Lucas Leiva and Kevin Stewart are back in contention to deputise for the injured midfielder against Stoke City.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-t ... art-return
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Sat Apr 09, 2016 9:50 pm

JK's pre match press conference for those that appreciate them

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Apr 10, 2016 12:54 pm

C-R » Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:50 pm wrote:JK's pre match press conference for those that appreciate them

Cheers mate.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby C-R » Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:50 pm

No Sakho, Flanagan, Ibe today.
Last edited by C-R on Sun Apr 10, 2016 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Sun Apr 10, 2016 3:01 pm

Starting eleven for today's match....

Mignolet, Clyne, Toure, Skrtel, Moreno, Allen, Milner, Stewart, Ojo, Firmino, Sturridge.

Subs...

Ward, Lovren, Coutinho, Lallana, Lucas, Origi, Smith.
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Sun Apr 10, 2016 3:01 pm

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Apr 10, 2016 3:50 pm

It's an under strength side but I think Jurgen has done the right thing, even if we win both our games in hand we'd still be 6 points adrift of City (7 if you count goal difference) and with only a handful of games left we'd need a miracle to chase them down.
We could still see a performance today though because you get the impression quite a few of this team are playing for their futures.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby C-R » Sun Apr 10, 2016 3:52 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Apr 10, 2016 3:50 pm wrote:It's an under strength side but I think Jurgen has done the right thing, even if we win both our games in hand we'd still be 6 points adrift of City (7 if you count goal difference) and with only a handful of games left we'd need a miracle to chase them down.
We could still see a performance today though because you get the impression quite a few of this team are playing for their futures.

I am excited to see Ojo and Stewart both getting their first EPL starts, but.. the thought of Kolo and Skrtel together are giving me palpitations
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:05 pm

Can anyone take decent corners in our team ffs ?
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:08 pm

GOAL 1-0 Moreno
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games