Manchester City v LIVERPOOL(CL) Tus 10th April 7.45ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:29 am

We will go through, not before our players put us through the wringer though.
A big Liverpool game wouldn't be a big Liverpool game without those excruciating last 10 minutes. I'm just hoping it's only going to be the last 10 minutes that will be excruciating and not the last hour or something.
Scoring early is not the Liverpool way unfortunately.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Klopptomaniac » Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:31 am

I'm hoping for a Coutinho v United moment. Scored at the right time and knocked the stuffing out of United. Can't wait for tomorrow. It's been so long since I had a buzz like this over Liverpool
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby maguskwt » Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:23 pm

If this game ends in 0-0 I will feckin congratulate our Defence, our Keeper and Juergen Klopp for coaching the defence...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:08 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:29 pm wrote:We will go through, not before our players put us through the wringer though.
A big Liverpool game wouldn't be a big Liverpool game without those excruciating last 10 minutes. I'm just hoping it's only going to be the last 10 minutes that will be excruciating and not the last hour or something.
Scoring early is not the Liverpool way unfortunately.

^^^^
This.................sadly this
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:09 pm

We know exactly what to expect from them so its all about adhering to our own game plan. Klopp says attack and again its probably the best approach to take to them but I hope we are also cautious and not leave ourselves open to gift them.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:55 pm

How's your nerves folks!?  So tense these affairs. I believe our pressing and work rate is normally better first half. We don't want to sit deeper and invite wave after wave of attack from them. As long as we get at least one goal in the first half we should be OK.

People are considering that 5-0 drubbing at their place, but we didn't have VVD then.
There defence is liable to our counter attacking style, and we can definitely hurt them.
As long as we don't concede a couple in the first 15 minutes we should be OK. Otherwise it will be a long night....

The pressure is on them now. They have to score and win the game. We don't.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:04 pm

Klopp pre Man City 2nd leg.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:43 pm

We should look at some of the positives as well, even if City score 3 they still wouldn't be ahead in the tie, it would be all even, they either need 4 goals in 90 minutes or 3 goals and a penalty shoot out to knock us out, we on the other hand need just 1 goal.
Getting knocked out from this position though would be a real sickener, it would go down in City's history as their St.Ettiene.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:12 pm

It would be brilliant if after all this gushing praise from the media and how they will supposedly turn over a 3-0 deficit , we outplayed them again and won convincingly  :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:24 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:12 pm wrote:It would be brilliant if after all this gushing praise from the media and how they will supposedly turn over a 3-0 deficit , we outplayed them again and won convincingly  :D

Would absolutely luv it   :buttrock

However, as another member pointed out, City are a quality side and for them to lose three games on the bounce    :eyebrow   :eyebrow   :eyebrow  .

I certainly hope we go there looking for a win and not some lame attempt to just stifle them.

Attack as we know we can and we'll get the goals to take us through.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Eagle » Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:34 pm

I'm actually more confident than most. I think we'll score in the first half and put this tie to bed. With Karius, van Dijk and Robertson fully settled into the side, and Klopp not trying to shoehorn the defensively average Coutinho into CM, we're a different beast defensively and I can't see Man City scoring 5 past us if we keep 11 on the pitch. If we control the match tomorrow like a Rafa team would and don't have to suffer though a nervy final half hour, then it's just more evidence of the constant evolution towards Klopp's vision for the team. Here's hoping!
Eagle

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:06 pm

I don't see what all the fuss is about, nervous-ness etc in this forum.

At this moment in time, I'd rather be three goals up, than three goals down in a CL quarter final.

City are in unchartered territory, ALL the pressure is on them. They must score at least three or they are out.

I've watched other teams at this stage in the knockout phase in previous years, weary of conceding that away goal. They normally play Cautiously.

We're expecting them to go gung ho, and throw the kitchen sink at us, but they may play cautiously.

If Salah starts, I can't NOT see us scoring at least one.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:45 pm

I watched the City vs Mannure match and it was strange how they collapsed in the 2nd half.
They easily could have been 5 up at half time.

Anyhow back to our game, looking forward to it.
Yes we are 3-0 up but i can understand the nervousness because this is Liverpool we don't do things the easy way.

However saying that i am fairly confident we will reach the semis.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:10 pm

Salah and Robertson trained today :)
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:31 pm

only me » Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:10 pm wrote:Salah and Robertson trained today :)

You can watch them live now fella

https://twitter.com/i/broadcasts/1DXxyXyXLXLJM
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games