Man Utd V Liverpool - Europa 2nd Leg Thurs Mar 17th 8.05pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby kazza » Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:31 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:57 am wrote:
kazza » Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:26 am wrote:Fallaini is a dirty b@stard, elbows someone every match. I cannot for the life of me understand why he does not get more red cards. He is so clearly a dirty player.

I hope we humiliate those Scum.

What makes me laugh is that they've pretty much banned hard tackling but they allow him to elbow players in the face practically every week! A bit of a Hobson's choice I know but if it was a straight choice between a broken leg or a smashed eye socket I know which one I'd prefer.
If football was generally a tough, physical sport like it was years ago you could maybe accept flailing elbows as part of the game but as I said in every other respect they've practically turned it into a non contact sport, every single week you see players get sent off for 2 trivial yellow card offences yet he seemingly flings his arms at all points of the compass with impunity.

I think the refs give him the benefit of doubt as he is tall but he clearly throws elbows to hurt rather than inadertent contact due to his size. As I said he is clearly a dirty player.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:03 am

It's strange but reading Red Cafe and Rawk you realise that a second leg of the UEFA Cup with nothing at stake has become the defining game of the season.

The Ure fans are cr@pping themselves and under a blanket of doom, the Rawk lads confident as long as Ure don't score 3 goals.... Both sides worried about the early goal. Ure losing will confirm their decline from greatness and playing Citeh at the weekend could see their season grind to a halt. No word of a replacement manager, LVG in major trouble with the fans, there's little to be happy about in their eyes.

We see this game as a springboard to continue our step by step improvement in league and confidence with the new manager  understanding English football better and winning big games.

If we win this our status overtakes that of Ure, they're still descending the big dipper post Fergiebottle with no sight of the bottom whereas Klopp is settled, has a team grinding out wins with growing confidence that might see us take 4th place.

I'll say it again... well done FSG for having the vision to dump BR so early, book Klopp, close the door on Citech, Ure, Chelsea  and Arsenal taking the guy. The future is Red.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:04 am

Reg » Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:03 am wrote:It's strange but reading Red Cafe and Rawk you realise that a second leg of the UEFA Cup with nothing at stake has become the defining game of the season.

The Ure fans are cr@pping themselves and under a blanket of doom, the Rawk lads confident as long as Ure don't score 3 goals.... Both sides worried about the early goal. Ure losing will confirm their decline from greatness and playing Citeh at the weekend could see their season grind to a halt. No word of a replacement manager, LVG in major trouble with the fans, there's little to be happy about in their eyes.

We see this game as a springboard to continue our step by step improvement in league and confidence with the new manager  understanding English football better and winning big games.

If we win this our status overtakes that of Ure, they're still descending the big dipper post Fergiebottle with no sight of the bottom whereas Klopp is settled, has a team grinding out wins with growing confidence that might see us take 4th place.

I'll say it again... well done FSG for having the vision to dump BR so early, book Klopp, close the door on Citech, Ure, Chelsea  and Arsenal taking the guy. The future is Red.

+1

I think Klopp is a special manager and the perfect fit for us
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:16 am

I liked Brendan's style of football but I have to admit if ever two things were a perfect fit for each other then it's Liverpool football club and Jurgen Klopp. I just wish he could have managed us back in the days before extortionate ticket prices gentrified Anfield, his management style would have had the place absolutely bouncing back in the day.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:40 pm

Anybody at all worried about the second leg ?

Must admit as the game draws closer I've started to get slightly nervous that complacency may be creeping into our expectations.

It's only "half time" in the tie, wouldn't be the first time we've let a 2-0 lead slip AND the second half is being played at their place .

As many have alluded to, an away goal in this game will be massive, just praying we can get one   :buttrock

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby C-R » Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:02 pm

woof woof ! » Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:40 pm wrote:Anybody at all worried about the second leg ?

Must admit as the game draws closer I've started to get slightly nervous that complacency may be creeping into our expectations.

It's only "half time" in the tie, wouldn't be the first time we've let a 2-0 lead slip AND the second half is being played at their place .

As many have alluded to, an away goal in this game will be massive, just praying we can get one   :buttrock

As per my original post, yes i am worried, but i worry all the time anyway lol

I am worried they will grab an early goal and then we will be nervous for the rest of the match and make a silly mistake
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:29 pm

woof woof ! » Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:40 pm wrote:Must admit as the game draws closer I've started to get slightly nervous.

'Tell that Woof guy to stop talkin' like a pussy.'

Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:29 pm

FECK THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
They can suck my penis!!
:buttrock
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:47 pm

Van Gaal: "If we do concede, we can score four. We showed that before against Midtjylland in the last round."

Herrera: "The second leg will be totally different. The pitch is bigger here, the grass is better."

:Oo:
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:23 pm

C-R wrote:Van Gaal: "If we do concede, we can score four. We showed that before against Midtjylland in the last round."

Herrera: "the grass is better."

well, he's obviously been smoking it

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:58 pm

andy_g » Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:23 pm wrote:
C-R wrote:Van Gaal: "If we do concede, we can score four. We showed that before against Midtjylland in the last round."

:laugh:
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:04 pm

Here is the pre match press conference

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:04 pm

woof woof ! » Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:40 pm wrote:Anybody at all worried about the second leg ?

We have lost 8 of our last 9 games at Old Trafford so the players need to realise that we need to do a bit more than just turn up. Saying that though we didn't go into any of those 8 defeats with a 2-0 lead so I think we should be okay.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:09 pm

kazza » Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:58 pm wrote:
andy_g » Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:23 pm wrote:

:laugh:

Joking aside I think we should easily qualify for the next round. Not to be complacent but they really are a cr@p side and certainly are not playing for their manager. Had Van Gaal been fired and Giggs was the manager I may be a little worried with the extra motivation but that is not the case. My main worry is their keeper that seems to bail them out time and again. If we had that keeper we would have won the league a couple of years ago and it is amazing how many times he came to their rescue. Having said that if my main fear is their keeper when we carry a 2-0 advantage it should work out.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:11 pm

It's been posted elsewhere that Moreno was doing crossing training and pulled up holding his hamstring

Wonder if Milner would play there
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games