Liverpool V Leicester - EPL - Dec 26th KO 3PM

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby C-R » Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:34 pm

I think where we are really going to struggle against these is in defence, no Skrtel (out for 3 months), no Lovren, Sakho is not 100%, so only really Kolo and perhaps Can to play with a not fully fit Sakho

I have visions of Vardy leaving Kolo on his back side as he skips past him :(

I think we need to try and build from a solid base, keep it tight, compact in defence and midfield, Leicester are at their most dangerous on the counter so we must be very careful or we could potentially see a very embarrasing score line here

On the flip of the coin, we might the see the team that trounced chelsea, city and saints all in the space of a couple of weeks

Let's hope for our sakes it's not a hiding and JK can pick us up and get something from this game
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:48 pm

After seeing what "lesser" teams have done to us, expect Leicester to run at us with no fear.

I'll be delighted if we win this one but won't be suprised if we suffer more humiliation   :down:

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby JC_81 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:36 pm

I'd go with...

Mignolet, Clyne, Toure, Sakho, Moreno, Ibe, Henderson, Lucas/Milner, Coutinho, Benteke, Origi.

Keep it simple 4-4-2. Get Ibe whipping in some crosses for the big men up front and have Coutinho drifting in off the left with Moreno giving width that flank.

Don't see this as the way to go longterm but we look so lost at the minute going back to basics for a few games to try get some results is what I'd do. Keep the likes of Lallana and Firmino away from the pitch until the weather improves. Pair of wasters they've been of late.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby johnbarnes » Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:33 pm

I think we should treat it like a cup game and just go for it.
It's clear, we are simply not good enough to implement what the manager wants at the moment.
The result, now makes little difference to the position we're in but a valiant win could push us through the Xmas schedule and who knows where we'll be after that?
CHARGE at 'em from the start of the whistle
  :buttrock
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:41 pm

It would be just like us to turn these over 3 or 4 nil, our players only seem to turn up against the better sides.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby C-R » Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:01 pm

johnbarnes » Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:33 pm wrote:I think we should treat it like a cup game and just go for it.
It's clear, we are simply not good enough to implement what the manager wants at the moment.
The result, now makes little difference to the position we're in but a valiant win could push us through the Xmas schedule and who knows where we'll be after that?

I genuinely like your positive attitude, but i worry that such a valiant all out attack will have Vardy leaving Kolo sprawled on the ground as he repeatedly hits the back of our net

It's a really hard one for JK to set up for this one
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:13 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:41 pm wrote:It would be just like us to turn these over 3 or 4 nil, our players only seem to turn up against the better sides.

Yeah we do seem to play well against better opposition.
Really hoping we stuff these lot but considering our current form im not very optimistic. It would be sweet to give these lot a loss.
I don't think we will lose and i doubt will win.

1-1
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:31 pm

redshade » Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:13 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:41 pm wrote:It would be just like us to turn these over 3 or 4 nil, our players only seem to turn up against the better sides.

Yeah we do seem to play well against better opposition.
Really hoping we stuff these lot but considering our current form im not very optimistic. It would be sweet to give these lot a loss.
I don't think we will lose and i doubt will win.

1-1

The players have kopped for quite a bit of flak over the last few days in the local press and I imagine Klopp has told a good few of them that they are drinking in the last chance saloon as well so I am expecting a reaction on Saturday.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby johnbarnes » Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:28 pm

C-R » Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:01 pm wrote:
johnbarnes » Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:33 pm wrote:I think we should treat it like a cup game and just go for it.

I genuinely like your positive attitude, but i worry that such a valiant all out attack will have Vardy leaving Kolo sprawled on the ground as he repeatedly hits the back of our net

It's a really hard one for JK to set up for this one

Your view point is my fear. For this game IMO, the best way to defend is to attack.
You are right tho - against our defence JV will have a hat full of chances - Let's hope he has a bad day at the office
  :D
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby eds » Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:15 am

Knowing the way we yo-yo from week to week, we will probably put 3 or 4 past them.  :upside:
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby Reg » Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:40 am

Eds, you could be right... we'll either win 4-0 or lose 4-0.... what a season.... you're better off digging out your old videos from the 70's and 80's if you want to have a merry christmas!  :laugh:
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:16 pm

we're going to get battered. might as well try and enjoy it.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:09 pm

We may have to board the nets up way we are defending.

Historically Leicester have always been a bogey team or least it seems that way.

My hope is they are due a stinker and we often win when we expect to lose.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:10 pm

Like many said i wouldn't be surprised if somehow we manage an awesome victory. Maybe the lads will treat it like a city, chelsea game.

Btw isn't super fit studge meant to be back for this one??
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby killerp » Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:42 am

The only way we are beating Leicester is if we buyout their entire club and get them to forfeit the game.

Even in this crazy league I cannot see us beating Leicester, at home which seems to be even worse disadvantage for us!
killerp

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games