Liverpool V Leicester - EPL - Dec 26th KO 3PM

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Dec 26, 2015 8:41 pm

redshade » Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:10 pm wrote:Got the job done, nice 3 points on the bag.
Can't believe benteke poor judgement at the end. Why go for all the glory when you can pass it and guarantee and 2nd goal....

That nearly cost us as well, they went up the other end and had a chance to score.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby devaney » Sat Dec 26, 2015 10:00 pm

Good to see two understandably heavily criticised players actually coming up with the goods. Excellent assist from the struggling Firmino and an excellent finish from Benteke. Hopefully this will help their confidence because it was a much needed win. Yes Benteke should have scored again but I'll congratulate him for the goal that he did score rather than castigate the lad for messing up late in the game.

Leicester haven't been beaten since September and they haven't failed to score in a game since last season !! Our stats were impressive and we came out on top in all areas. Our pressing game was a massive improvement over our last four games. The intensity and desire was also there for everybody to see.

Now just how much should I put on Sunderland to win on Wednesday !!!  :laugh:
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Dec 26, 2015 11:18 pm

Thought we were ok, Value for the 3 points in the end but far from spectacular.
The lack of a killer pass at times was criminal, anytime we opened them up the pass never came and if it did it was behind or wayward. We need to work harder on the through balls and give the forwards enough space to get behind the oppositions defence.
IMO our build up play has become too slow and predictable again.

Sunderland next so hopefully another 3 points.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Penguins » Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:20 am

It's so weird. As soon as they win a few matches the players start to believe their own hype, everyone telling them top 4, league title, no problem.
Then they get destroyed by some bottom feeders and start to understand that games are not won by themselves. And rinse and repeat we go.
Until the players understand that you have to put a shift in in every damn game of this league, be it city or Sunderland, you will be going nowhere fast.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby eds » Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:11 am

Once again not enough being said about Klopp's masterclass in nullifying a team that has beaten only once all season and having scored in every single one of those games!

The tactics and formations showed the rest of the comp how to neutralise Mahrez (who is everything that Lallana should be) and Vardy up front.

Our attacking players let us down time and time again and this could have easily ended 0-0.

The attricious miss as the end summarises where most of these players are at....... they are either not good enough or just blow hot and cold too often.

January is just around the corner, so I'm sure the German will start sorting this nonsense out.

On another note, I thought our supporters were a whole lot better and actually created a great atmosphere.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby LFC1990 » Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:45 pm

Similar point to Eds but cant see much praise for Emre Can who for me was fantastic yesterday. People seem to want to slag him when he has a bad game but do not give credit for his good performances

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:20 pm

LFC1990 » Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:45 pm wrote:Similar point to Eds but cant see much praise for Emre Can who for me was fantastic yesterday. People seem to want to slag him when he has a bad game but do not give credit for his good performances

I think Emre looks a powerhouse mate, he is still very young and some of his decision making is poor at times, one example when he burst forward yesterday and had team mates in better positions but decided to fire it wildly into the crowd.... it's not a criticism as i put it down to in experience

There is defo a player there though and nobody better than JK to develop his full potential
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Dec 27, 2015 3:25 pm

C-R » Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:20 pm wrote:
LFC1990 » Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:45 pm wrote:Similar point to Eds but cant see much praise for Emre Can who for me was fantastic yesterday. People seem to want to slag him when he has a bad game but do not give credit for his good performances

I think Emre looks a powerhouse mate, he is still very young and some of his decision making is poor at times, one example when he burst forward yesterday and had team mates in better positions but decided to fire it wildly into the crowd.... it's not a criticism as i put it down to in experience

There is defo a player there though and nobody better than JK to develop his full potential

Not many 21 year old CM's are as good as him, the lad has got the lot in fact the only thing missing from his game is game intelligence which will come with experience. He even really likes to get stuck in which is a bit unusual for a player from the continent.
As you say atm he has a tendancy to hold on to the ball for a fraction too long or try to take one man too many on but once he sorts that out we will have some player on our hands.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby eds » Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:15 pm

TBH I'm still sitting on the fence with big Emre.

Very raw young player that has shown glimpses of what he is truly capable of.

Frustrating to watch at the moment as he gives the ball away far too cheaply or makes too many mistakes on the field.

I also don't think it's helped his development playing in an average side with over priced players who aren't good enough.

At the moment I see him becoming just a decent CM but hopefully Klopp can get much more out of him.

We all want to believe there is something more there.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:54 pm

eds » Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:15 pm wrote:TBH I'm still sitting on the fence with big Emre.

Very raw young player that has shown glimpses of what he is truly capable of.

Frustrating to watch at the moment as he gives the ball away far too cheaply or makes too many mistakes on the field.

I also don't think it's helped his development playing in an average side with over priced players who aren't good enough.

At the moment I see him becoming just a decent CM but hopefully Klopp can get much more out of him.

We all want to believe there is something more there.

95% of players are a lot better at 24 than they are at 21, you only have to look at the difference between Jordan Henderson now and the 21 year old that arrived under Dalglish. He was actually on the verge of leaving at one point but now he's the club captain.
If Emre can steer clear of serious injury he will be a terrific player in 3 or 4 years time.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby devaney » Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:26 am

eds » Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:11 am wrote:Once again not enough being said about Klopp's masterclass in nullifying a team that has beaten only once all season and having scored in every single one of those games!

The tactics and formations showed the rest of the comp how to neutralise Mahrez (who is everything that Lallana should be) and Vardy up front.

Our attacking players let us down time and time again and this could have easily ended 0-0.

The attricious miss as the end summarises where most of these players are at....... they are either not good enough or just blow hot and cold too often.

January is just around the corner, so I'm sure the German will start sorting this nonsense out.

On another note, I thought our supporters were a whole lot better and actually created a great atmosphere.

Eds the pressing game and the desire was there for all to see. The performance was similar to City and Chelsea but it has to be said that in all three matches the oposing team was extremely poor and way below their usual standards. Did we just catch them on a bad day or did we make them look poor through our tactics? I would like to think that it was the latter but to fair it was a combination of the two elements.

Klopp certainly deserves credit when we win but unlike you I am not going to simply ignore his shortcomings in the matches against Watford West Brom Sion and Newcastle. Rogers was sacked with a record of 15 points out of 27. Klopp has 12 points out of 27 and that could easily be 9 out of 27 if there had been any justice in the Bournemouth game. Forgive me if I'm not imediately jumping on the Klopp bandwagon. He's a great guy but he is quickly learning that the Premiership is a far cry from the Bundesliga. Let's face it LVG has a very impressive CV but he is finding life very difficult in the Premeirship and just look at the money United have spent. It is very easy to blaim the players when we lose and give all the credit to Klopp when we win. However that is not my style. It is a team game and the manager is part of the team !!

Very easy to simpy say he has only been here for five minutes and that he has hardly got his feet under the table and hasn't had the benefit of a transfer window. All that is perectly reasonable and Klopp deserves time but don't expect me to start running around like a kid in a candy store when his overall early record doesn't justify such behaviour. Time will tell. Rafa against all odds won La Liga twice with Valencia. He certainly didn't find life in the Premiership that easy did he !!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Previous