Liverpool Vs Wigan - Sat, 3pm KO!

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Reg » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:59 am

SouthCoastShankly » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:54 pm wrote:
bunglemark2 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:11 am wrote:
Kenny Kan » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:59 pm wrote:We win and only have 5 pages.  :laugh:

I thought the exact same thing ! ;)
i know, we're surrounded but a bunch of idiots.

They're everywhere... they're going to take over the world.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:46 am

ethanr » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:03 pm wrote:Fantastic performance, fantastic result, great start to the day!

What's p!ssed me off is how many times the commentator brought up the "good and bad of Suarez" and "that nasty challenge on Jones"  Are you f*cking kidding me??!?!?!?  There were 5 challenges worse than Suarez's in the game, the worse one from Figueroa against Sterling, and a word was not said about it after the incident.  The media are horrible towards Suarez, but the commentators are just as bad.  Yes they were full of praise for Suarez, but AT LEAST 10 times that foul was brought up or "the good and bad of Suarez" comment was brought up.

Do not worry about our disgusting shh.it awful press or c.unts like Moyes, Ferguson, Pullis and Allardyce because they have done the most incredible job of motivating Luis. Full credit to Moyes - REMEMBER THE DIVE !! Luis is clearly responding in the best way he knows how to all the incredible rubbish that has been thrown at him. Keep it coming I say. At the moment his value is going up by about £5m a week. I hope he never goes anywhere but if he did it would take some very deep pockets, £50m plus would be my guess !!

Brilliant second half. Inspired tactical decision to play Enrique in midfield. The speed of play at times during the second half was too hard to handle and the best I have seen us play under BR.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby redno7 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:49 am

its in there,  this type of performance is defo in this team.  we can all see it.  the problem is getting the consistency to play like that every game.  one top goal scorer needed in Jan to weigh in with some goals,  Suarez looks set to bag 20 + this season.  great game lads.  sterling was awesome.
redno7
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:55 am

ethanr » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:03 pm wrote:
What's p!ssed me off is how many times the commentator brought up the "good and bad of Suarez" and "that nasty challenge on Jones"  Are you f*cking kidding me??!?!?!?  There were 5 challenges worse than Suarez's in the game, the worse one from Figueroa against Sterling, and a word was not said about it after the incident.  The media are horrible towards Suarez, but the commentators are just as bad.  Yes they were full of praise for Suarez, but AT LEAST 10 times that foul was brought up or "the good and bad of Suarez" comment was brought up.

:nod

Unfortunately Luis is very much under the microscope. If it had been any other player it would have been mentioned once maybe twice. 

Notice nothing was said about the boot in the face that Joe Allen received, was I the only one that thought it wasn't 100% accidental ?

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby stmichael » Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:53 pm

ethanr » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:03 pm wrote:Fantastic performance, fantastic result, great start to the day!

the MOTD commentator was an absolute dick. instead of praising suarez and saying how he was the top scorer in the league we got the  "where would liverpool be without luis suarez" nonsense. yeah it's not like it's his job to score goals is it? absolutely tiresome. without van persie's goals united would be languishing in the bottom half but i don't hear everyone banging on about that.

as for the foul ok it looked bad but he was genuinely going for the ball and it was mistimed. but as it was suarez it was an excuse for the commentators and pundits to lay into him again.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Greavesie » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:32 pm

stmichael » Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:53 pm wrote:

the MOTD commentator was an absolute dick. instead of praising suarez and saying how he was the top scorer in the league we got the  "where would liverpool be without luis suarez" nonsense. yeah it's not like it's his job to score goals is it? absolutely tiresome. without van persie's goals united would be languishing in the bottom half but i don't hear everyone banging on about that.

as for the foul ok it looked bad but he was genuinely going for the ball and it was mistimed. but as it was suarez it was an excuse for the commentators and pundits to lay into him again.

everyone harps on about needing a 20 goal a season striker and as soon as you get one you get slated for relying on him  :suspect:
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby tonyeh » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:45 pm

Good game and a great win. Liverpool dominated and got a much needed three pointer in the bag.

Can't really fault too much there today.

Onwards and upwards.
tonyeh

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:14 pm

motd sucks big time and they are nothing but ignorant towards liverpool fc. too often we are the last game they show and its rare they praise us.
id feel sorry for any football fan out there who has no other way of watching games and have to rely on that program for it.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Homebooby » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:57 pm

red till i die!! » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:14 pm wrote:

motd sucks big time and they are nothing but ignorant towards liverpool fc. too often we are the last game they show and its rare they praise us.
id feel sorry for any football fan out there who has no other way of watching games and have to rely on that program for it.

I am not sure if this is entirely accurate to be honest. We've been given a fair crack of the whip this season (and previously) but often we've delivered little worth covering, so we go to the end. I'll admit I was surprised to see us score 3 as last in the schedule last night, but it seemed like there wasn't much else to the game. If anything MOTD has been pro-liverpool for the last 20 odd years with Hansen and Lawro in the chair.
Homebooby

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:06 pm

Homebooby » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:57 pm wrote:

I am not sure if this is entirely accurate to be honest. We've been given a fair crack of the whip this season (and previously) but often we've delivered little worth covering, so we go to the end. I'll admit I was surprised to see us score 3 as last in the schedule last night, but it seemed like there wasn't much else to the game.If anything MOTD has been pro-liverpool for the last 20 odd years with Hansen and Lawro in the chair.

:Oo:

Lawro is ANYTHING but pro Liverpool. The only thing he does more than look all gooey eyed at Lineker is slate the club that made him a household name.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Homebooby » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:13 pm

SouthCoastShankly » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:54 am wrote:
bunglemark2 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:11 am wrote:
Kenny Kan » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:59 pm wrote:We win and only have 5 pages.  :laugh:

I thought the exact same thing ! ;)
i know, we're surrounded but a bunch of idiots.

I am now officially calling from Brendans head, delivering a 3-0 drubbing against a team people were claiming was a must win game against the manager who was in direct competition with him for the managers position. What the hell does he think he is playing at? Tactically lost and increasingly unable to identify hidden talents in players that aren't making an impact in the squad. The arrogance of the man to give almost the same type of interview as when he was drawing games.......get rid of him
Homebooby

Postby Homebooby » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:17 pm

devaney » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:46 am wrote:

Do not worry about our disgusting shh.it awful press or c.unts like Moyes, Ferguson, Pullis and Allardyce because they have done the most incredible job of motivating Luis. Full credit to Moyes - REMEMBER THE DIVE !! Luis is clearly responding in the best way he knows how to all the incredible rubbish that has been thrown at him. Keep it coming I say. At the moment his value is going up by about £5m a week. I hope he never goes anywhere but if he did it would take some very deep pockets, £50m plus would be my guess !!

I think kudos to the man, but also to the manager. The way that this situation has been handled seems very much in line with 'the Liverpool way'....doing his talking on the pitch and letting the nay-sayers eat their words. Considering where he was just at the beginning of the season, he seems to be on his feet more, looking up more for others and he seems to be able to find the net on a regular basis. Credit to both Luis and Brendan here, I think that BR's calm and reassuring approach is having an effect on him. Let's face it, it could have gone the Tevez route, but this one appears to have been hit out of the park.
Homebooby

Postby redno7 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:43 am

can we get rid of you first? aww go on, please?
redno7
LFC Super Member

Postby Homebooby » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:08 pm

redno7 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:43 am wrote:

can we get rid of you first? aww go on, please?

what's the problem?
Homebooby

Postby Homebooby » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:11 pm

RUSHIE#9 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:06 pm wrote:
Homebooby » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:57 pm wrote:

I am not sure if this is entirely accurate to be honest. We've been given a fair crack of the whip this season (and previously) but often we've delivered little worth covering, so we go to the end. I'll admit I was surprised to see us score 3 as last in the schedule last night, but it seemed like there wasn't much else to the game.If anything MOTD has been pro-liverpool for the last 20 odd years with Hansen and Lawro in the chair.

:Oo:

Lawro is ANYTHING but pro Liverpool. The only thing he does more than look all gooey eyed at Lineker is slate the club that made him a household name.

Just because he sounds whiney all the time doesn't mean that he hasn't been right or isn't still a fan of the club. Him and Hansen have been doing the good cop/bad cop thing for years and it's clear to me at least that they would both revel in seeing us  performing at the levels and with the domination that they did in their day.
Homebooby

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games