Liverpool Vs Wigan - Sat, 3pm KO!

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Raoul » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:01 pm

Had issues with streams all game, and missed the first half, but looked like a good performance all round. Really wasn't sure about Enrique on the winger, too one-footed to me, but he did really well.

Kudos to Hendo too. If we hadn't have paid 20 mill for him, I think we'd all be talking about another young talent, I think he has been pretty good this year, and I'm not surprised by his performance.
"Life is not just about money. There are other things, important things that have a different kind of value. Anyone from Liverpool could tell you that."

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:03 pm

Fantastic performance, fantastic result, great start to the day!

What's p!ssed me off is how many times the commentator brought up the "good and bad of Suarez" and "that nasty challenge on Jones"  Are you f*cking kidding me??!?!?!?  There were 5 challenges worse than Suarez's in the game, the worse one from Figueroa against Sterling, and a word was not said about it after the incident.  The media are horrible towards Suarez, but the commentators are just as bad.  Yes they were full of praise for Suarez, but AT LEAST 10 times that foul was brought up or "the good and bad of Suarez" comment was brought up.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:05 pm

great second half given by the lads and a well deserved win :buttrock .
3 goals, 3 points and into +figures for the season.
onwards and upwards :buttrock
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:25 pm

We have a new playmaker... and his name is Jose Enrique!  :laugh:  ... didnt disappoint in his new role... and he seems to be a very intelligent player always looking up and playing... Congrats to Suarez for becoming the leading goalscorer...
I think our problem area seems to be the attacking midfielder role... we seem to be trying different players without much success...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC1990 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:34 pm

Great performance by the whole side today great 2 goals by Suarez and amazing play by Enrique and sterling the whole game. Henderson seemed to take his chance today back 4 was brilliant all Round great performance

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC1990 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:34 pm

Great performance by the whole side today great 2 goals by Suarez and amazing play by Enrique and sterling the whole game. Henderson seemed to take his chance today back 4 was brilliant all Round great performance

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:52 pm

edgy first half. excellent second half. you could see the confidence flowing back.

suarez, enrique and henderson all excellent.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Kenny Kan » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:59 pm

We win and only have 5 pages.  :laugh:
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:11 am

Kenny Kan » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:59 pm wrote:We win and only have 5 pages.  :laugh:

I thought the exact same thing ! ;)
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby ethanr » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:13 am

Credit to Pepe and Allen as well.  Pepe came straight back in and looked up for it.  Allen was nowhere to be seen in the first half, but I thought he had an excellent second.  Felt he completely controlled the center of the park and broke up tackle after tackle.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby eds » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:33 am

Kenny Kan » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:59 pm wrote:We win and only have 5 pages.  :laugh:

The game was on at 2am in the morning over here in Australia, dismal time for Asia as well.

I think that would have a lot to do with people not being able to watch the game and post their thoughts.

The league should consider playing more games at midday or later at night for a global audience.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby laza » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:13 am

eds » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:33 am wrote:

The game was on at 2am in the morning over here in Australia, dismal time for Asia as well.

I think that would have a lot to do with people not being able to watch the game and post their thoughts.

The league should consider playing more games at midday or later at night for a global audience.

Doubt it Eds as that hasnt been a issue  in previous seasons, I say it would have more to do with state of this forum these days.

Sadly if we had lost or drawn I would guessing the match thread would be far larger
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:37 am

eds » Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:33 am wrote:

It KO at 1:00am here in Queensland, didn't stop me posting 6hrs or so after the game. Anyway...

I only managed to catch the second half and for the criticism I have given Enrique lately it was good to see him give me the two finger salute. Catching the 2nd half it looked as though we played a 4-5-1 with Enrique wide left of the four and Henderson behind, or just off Suarez. Enrique has definitely staked a claim to be in the side more regularly after that performance and his defensive competence against the chavs. Personally, I can't read too much into Henderson's performance, still think he lacks confidence and creativity to make risks and impose himself. Sterling and Suarez were very good and linked up well causing Wigan all sorts of problems. Defense looked okay, switched off a couple of times (that corner that allowed Jones all the space in the world to shoot just inside the box).

We now need to keep the wins rolling and we need to turn over Swansea next week so it's not a case of, 1 step forward & 2 back.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby killerp » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:27 am

That shows you how many true supporters on here  :eyebrow

Well done lads just watched the game, Suarez & Enrique stole the show. Sterling had another good run.

No doubt we will see the internet rumor mill go crazy linking Suarez to all the big spenders after this performance.
killerp

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:54 am

bunglemark2 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:11 am wrote:

I thought the exact same thing ! ;)
i know, we're surrounded but a bunch of idiots.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games