LIVERPOOL VS TRABZONSPOR - Thur 19/8/2010  19:45

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Bermenstein » Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:47 pm

Liverpool are quoted at around 1/5 with most bookmakers for the opening game at Anfield on thursday night, so this would normally indicate a more than likely win.

But judging by Trabzonspors start to the season, with 2 away wins, 5 goals scored & none conceded, this might be a bit trickier than 1 would anticipate.

Hopefully The Hodge will get things right with squad selection & Tactics, and we'll get thru this one in 2nd or 3rd gear. Then again maybe we'll need to get as many goals as possible to save any fears of a tricky away tie in turkey. Foot to the floor lads, take no prisoners attitude I say.
Bermenstein
LFC Super Member

Postby fivecups » Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:16 pm

Yeeeeeeessssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is all.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby crim cram » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:00 pm

I'd like to see a run out for the kids on Thursday, how's this:

Cavalieri

Darby        Wilson          Kelly          Aurelio

Lucas
                                  Shelvey

Maxi                                               Cole
                       Pacheco
                                Babel

subs:
Jones
Poulsen
Torres
Kyrgiakos
Amoo
Spearing
Aquilani
Last edited by crim cram on Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Me having no education. I had to use my brains.”  Shankly
crim cram
LFC Super Member

Postby Ian Rush's Right foot » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:18 pm

Is anyone driving up from London? i'm working on Friday so at the moment getting the 11:30pm Coach back down here, give me a shout if you have space :) :)

....I'm the bee's knee, his legs and his arms.....
Ian Rush's Right foot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Eagle » Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:14 pm

Would like to see the reserves start this game. We have a big squad and we may as well use it in this competition as it is 3rd priority behind the league and FA Cup.

Reina

Kelly     Kyrgiakos     Wilson     Aurelio

Lucas     Poulsen

Rodriguez     Pacheco     Cole

Ngog

Subs: Torres, Gerrard, Jovanovic, Spearing, Johnson, Carragher, Gulacsi
Eagle

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:26 am

Taking my Lad to all the European Home games so I will be at Anfield for this one ... I expect a strong line up for this match if only to attempt to make the tricky away leg in Turkey a formality  ,so I would expect a reasonably strong defence to  hopefully keep a clean sheet and the strikers to give us a healthy goal  margin to take over to their place ...I personally think Roy will play close to his strongest team
This is the UEFA cup remember and even under its new guise its still  a prestigious cup to win
I think the manager should utilise the kids in the League Cup and go all out to win this one
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby In and Out » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:39 am

Throw in Lucas and the other periphials, keep the first eleven reasonably rested. The UEFA is a long hard slog and it isn't something we need to distract us from getting our noses back into the bread and butter.
Football is a relatively simple game and Roy knows it ;)
In and Out
LFC Super Member

Postby Redx » Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:14 am

Dont care who plays as long as we win..
Redx

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:31 am

It's a certainty that Cole will play (In both legs). His league suspension will mean he needs match practice before his return in September against Man Utd.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JamCar05 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:36 am

I think Roy will play a pretty strong team, as he will probably - at the very minimum - like to get us to the group stages and stay in europe. Also we don't play City until monday. This won't be an easy tie I think, but we should of course still have enough in our locker to go through.
JamCar05

Postby Ben Patrick » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:47 am

RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:Taking my Lad to all the European Home games so I will be at Anfield for this one ... I expect a strong line up for this match if only to attempt to make the tricky away leg in Turkey a formality  ,so I would expect a reasonably strong defence to  hopefully keep a clean sheet and the strikers to give us a healthy goal  margin to take over to their place ...I personally think Roy will play close to his strongest team
This is the UEFA cup remember and even under its new guise its still  a prestigious cup to win
I think the manager should utilise the kids in the League Cup and go all out to win this one

Doin the same with my lad, cant fault the price of the tickets to be fair.
I also think we should try and get the tie put to bed.
Some players also need matches to gain some further fitness.
I would play a strongish team if possible.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:23 pm

Ben Patrick wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:Taking my Lad to all the European Home games so I will be at Anfield for this one ... I expect a strong line up for this match if only to attempt to make the tricky away leg in Turkey a formality  ,so I would expect a reasonably strong defence to  hopefully keep a clean sheet and the strikers to give us a healthy goal  margin to take over to their place ...I personally think Roy will play close to his strongest team

Doin the same with my lad, cant fault the price of the tickets to be fair.
I also think we should try and get the tie put to bed.
Some players also need matches to gain some further fitness.
I would play a strongish team if possible.

Winning breeds confidence mate ... and that's why its essential we  play a strong line up..... and who can argue about shelling out a paltry  £15.00 for 1 adult with 1 child its an absolute bargain and there is not much of them around at Liverpool at the moment ???
anyway I love the atmosphere at European games  ,its so much more passionate than  a Premiership game .....
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:35 pm

I agree about the involvement of the Kids at some stage this season (preferably in the League Cup)  ,but not so much in the Uefa cup though,  as I think we should certainly go all out to win this ...if for the only reason it serves to remind people that we belong back in the elite, then we should go about proving this is just a temporary break ...an interlude in the middle of our illustrious  history and perform like the Liverpool of old always used to perform in Europe and win this Cup with a swagger .....
IMO Liverpool should win this competition and they should do it with the contemptuous ease they used to dismiss Europes most brilliant teams ...anyway that's what I hope for 
To play the kids or what measures up as a virtual reserve team will devalue this competition, and trust me it doesn't deserve that ...This competition has been just as prevalent in our glorious past as its more renowned neighbour the very lucrative  Champions League... so I dont think Liverpool should do this competition a disservice by not giving it the respect it deserves .....I know in my head how essential it seems to fans to finish in the Top Four ,but in my heart this Cup has brought some cherished memories ,and If Liverpool concentrated solely on a top four finish and still ended up in the veritable wilderness of life outside the financially elite ,then this would have been a Cup won, a cup that in its winning... would seriously say to the rest of Europe we Our above all else still WINNERS
Last edited by RED BEERGOGGLES on Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:18 pm

fivecups wrote:Yeeeeeeessssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is all.

:nod
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:07 pm

JamCar05 wrote:I think Roy will play a pretty strong team, as he will probably - at the very minimum - like to get us to the group stages and stay in europe. Also we don't play City until monday. This won't be an easy tie I think, but we should of course still have enough in our locker to go through.

Tricky one as I agree with you we need to field a strong team but if those Turks come out and just kick us a few days before the Citeh game I wont be a happy man.

I´d put a strong team out and go héll for leather for 2 goals in the first 20 mins then take the foot off the pedal.

In fact I´d play the older players - The Greek, Fabio, maybe Aqualani, Phill Babb etc.. rather than the young lads.
Last edited by Reg on Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games