LIVERPOOL v chelsea Thur 4th Mar 8.15pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:16 pm

And I don't want to see the lads posting stuff on social media saying they're gonna fight the next game blah blah blah..

We need some leadership.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:18 pm

Wtf is happening here. Did the bubble bust or what ?.

Honestly sick of the excuses for some of those lads. Klopp isn't helping himself either with some of the bizarre decisions hes making. Salah would have been the last one I took off as the other 2 were playing shyte .  Where is the urgency in our play, 80 fooking  minutes before we register a half shot at goal  :down:  Wtf is wrong with Keita now? It makes sense to build up his minutes in consecutive games but gets nothing tonight.

Never at any stage did we look like getting something from that  :angry:
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Franky000 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:29 pm

The tactical system is/was too reliant on the backline pushing high, but we currently do not have the players for it, thus i feel the forwards constantly have it in the back of their minds to retreat and compensate, instead of attacking wholeheartedly. This summer we need a stronger foundation for that backline, plus a cull of deadwood to fund more attacking options. Hell, replace the whole lot based on tonight's Sh*t show.

We will be lucky to finish top four.
Franky000

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:41 pm

Injuries have undoubtedly affected us but this team is starting to resemble a punch drunk boxer who has had too many tough fights and has been to the well too many times, I don’t care what anyone says players like Mane and Firmino are not the players they once were, Mane used to be turbo charged but now lumbering CB’s like Christiansen out-sprint him over 40 yards. as for Bobby he’s been finished for a good while now, he hit the buffers over 12 months ago.
This team has achieved great things and will go down in history but nothing lasts forever.
The yanks need to put their hands in their pockets and give Jurgen the money to build a new team, this one is done. The likes of Firmino, Mane, Gini, Milner, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Origi etc etc have been great servants to the club but the sun is starting to set on Jurgen’s first great team like it set on Shanks’s at the end of the 60’s and Bob’s in the early 80’s. Jurgen signed that contract extension because he said a rebuild was coming and he didn’t think it was fair to leave it to someone else, well now that rebuild is here.
This is more than injuries to our back line, our front 3 have now managed just 2 goals in our last 8 home games, this front 3 is on its last legs.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:30 am

I'm still f'kin seething over not just this game but the abject shitefulness of so many games this season.
It pi$$es me off that the players have just given up.
It pi$$es me off that our second choice players are so bad.
It pi$$es me off that Klopp can't seem to motivate the players this season.
It pi$$es me off that when we should be kicking on from a couple of years with this club back where we rightfully belong, we are setting embarrassing records week after week.
And I don't see who can change that right now
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:38 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:41 pm wrote:Injuries have undoubtedly affected us but this team is starting to resemble a punch drunk boxer who has had too many tough fights and has been to the well too many times, I don’t care what anyone says players like Mane and Firmino are not the players they once were, Mane used to be turbo charged but now lumbering CB’s like Christiansen out-sprint him over 40 yards. as for Bobby he’s been finished for a good while now, he hit the buffers over 12 months ago.
This team has achieved great things and will go down in history but nothing lasts forever.
The yanks need to put their hands in their pockets and give Jurgen the money to build a new team, this one is done. The likes of Firmino, Mane, Gini, Milner, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Origi etc etc have been great servants to the club but the sun is starting to set on Jurgen’s first great team like it set on Shanks’s at the end of the 60’s and Bob’s in the early 80’s. Jurgen signed that contract extension because he said a rebuild was coming and he didn’t think it was fair to leave it to someone else, well now that rebuild is here.
This is more than injuries to our back line, our front 3 have now managed just 2 goals in our last 8 home games, this front 3 is on its last legs.

Losing Van dijk was a massive loss but we still should have been able to cope without him and Joe. Unprecedented is the buzz word for this season but in truth is anyone really shocked Matip broke after 3 games or that Klopp really does not want to play Phillips or Williams.  That team suffered more due to the changes made to accommodate those losses and Klopp couldn't rest players because the squad just isn't up to it. Take tonight for example with Fabinho. Straight back in to defence after just returning from an injury and he looked way off the pace. Keita gets nothing when we should be building up his minutes but Ox comes on instead. That's ok but how do we expect players to be ready to be at 100% when they get a few minutes here and there every other week or aren't given the time to be eased back in properly.

Totally agree about the front 3 and think they were never that good at scoring anyway. They need far too many chances to score and rarely create chances for themselves. They are wingers at the end of the day so signing a striker should be the priority.

In order to stay at the top you constantly need to be freshening things up. They are employees at the end of the day and if they aren't performing then you replace them. Problem with us is that it will always come down to whether its financially viable to do it.

I honestly don't know where fans think the money is going to come from in the summer without having to sell our better players.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:12 am

Shocking performance by a team that looks mentally and physically knackered. Write off the league. Play the B team in the remaining league games and give the CL our absolute best shot.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:08 pm

I don't have anything to add to any of the above comments except I feel your pain.

It remains to be seen how many and which players will prove to be crushed by this experience and will need to be moved on. We need to start the process NOW.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby electrum » Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:11 pm

Something needs to be changed- that's for sure.

We have had too many square pegs in round holes at CB. It may be a risk to put two newer CB together but can it be any worse than all the defeats in the last couple of months?

My suggestion is try the new boys and protect the back 4 more whilst adding a dash of creativity / attacking intent in the MF.

Alisson

TAA           Kabak     Davies/Philips    Robertson

Fab                 Keita/Gini 

Jones

Salah                           Mane

Jota

Bobby on the bench- been a  great servant but his time  as a starter is up. Probably should be sold in the summer as he is never going to get back to his form of 18 mths ago- all the arguments about his "off the ball contribution" no longer apply IMO. He gives the ball away as often as he wins it if not more and his attempts at goal are simply not worth mentioning,
electrum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Reg » Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:21 pm

Agree but thats an elastaplasta over the real problem mate.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby electrum » Sat Mar 06, 2021 1:50 pm

It is a temporary solution... far more important is the absolutely vital need to bring in 2-3 players in the summer.

Debt is sometimes a dirty word but if managed correctly and utilized to maximize your profits then its "good debt" (was it Robert Kiyosaki who coined that phrase?)

We need an Attacking MF with goals and assists in him , a genuine number 9 as backup/ plan B and a CB that's not made of glass.

Sell the below to help fund them and FSG dip your hands in your pockets time... missing out on top 4 will be bad enough one season, two and we are back to the Rogers era- huff and puff but no cigar..

Origi,
Shaq,
Ox,
Matip (great player but alas for a third of a season)
Firmino - sorry but his time is up- thanks for the memories
R Williams
Philips
Minamino
electrum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby devaney » Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:53 pm

I’d leave Sadio out as well. Give the lad a rest. Keep him out and get him fresh for the CL. Try Shaq. Can’t do any worse.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Previous