LIVERPOOL VS TRABZONSPOR - Thur 19/8/2010  19:45

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby andy_g » Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:08 pm

petsi wrote:who will be placed as striker today? Torres or Ngog? Can you tell me about Ngog? What kind of attributes does he have? Is he a target striker?

ngog is our number one striker. he has pace to burn, an excellent first touch, incredible awareness, unbelievable close control and an unerring eye for goal. torres is ok, but he'll need to work hard to get his place back.

meanwhile, it seems that in this game we are unleashing our secret weapon... the babelator. surprise is his tactic of choice, often leaving his opponents guessing way after the event has actually happened and most have gone home.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jacdaniel » Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:54 pm

petsi wrote:who will be placed as striker today? Torres or Ngog? Can you tell me about Ngog? What kind of attributes does he have? Is he a target striker?

Take it you aint a Liverpool fan  :D 

He is basically a target man but he can play with the ball at his feet and scores a goal for every 3 or 4 chances he gets.

He's not that good but is young and improving.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby crim cram » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:20 pm

andy_g wrote:

ngog is our number one striker. he has pace to burn, an excellent first touch, incredible awareness, unbelievable close control and an unerring eye for goal. torres is ok, but he'll need to work hard to get his place back.

meanwhile, it seems that in this game we are unleashing our secret weapon... the babelator. surprise is his tactic of choice, often leaving his opponents guessing way after the event has actually happened and most have gone home.

:D nice one

His chief weapon is surprise!

Fear and Surprise.......I'll start again.

Amongst his weaponry are fear, surprise and an almost fanatical devotion to rapping.
“Me having no education. I had to use my brains.”  Shankly
crim cram
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:45 pm

Managers press conference ahead of game

Roy makes prem priority
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby petsi » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:51 pm

well actually i know about LFC players in majority, execpt N'gog. Babel is also a very talented guy as well, but i'm really sorry for LFC allow Benayoun leaving to Chelsea. I didn't hear very much of N'gog but as far as i know he scored 4 of last 5 goal that LFC scored. He must be a real threat. For TS, it may be a crucial mistake to set the defence line high, as our defenders not very quick.
petsi

Postby jacdaniel » Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:08 pm

petsi wrote:well actually i know about LFC players in majority, execpt N'gog. Babel is also a very talented guy as well, but i'm really sorry for LFC allow Benayoun leaving to Chelsea. I didn't hear very much of N'gog but as far as i know he scored 4 of last 5 goal that LFC scored. He must be a real threat. For TS, it may be a crucial mistake to set the defence line high, as our defenders not very quick.

Andy was just kidding.  (i hope)

Ngog is not really that good at all.  Not yet anyways.  He is getting better the more he plays.

I think Torres will probably play for at least 30 mins.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby jimmy brighton » Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:28 pm

Should have no problem disposing of these tonight.  We beat them on the way to Rome in the 76-77 season (3-1 on agg) :). Me dad brought me back a program. C*nt! He never used to take me with him.
joey ate the frogs legs
made the swiss roll
now he's munching gladback
jimmy brighton
LFC Super Member

Postby crim cram » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:03 pm

petsi wrote:well actually i know about LFC players in majority, execpt N'gog. Babel is also a very talented guy as well, but i'm really sorry for LFC allow Benayoun leaving to Chelsea. I didn't hear very much of N'gog but as far as i know he scored 4 of last 5 goal that LFC scored. He must be a real threat. For TS, it may be a crucial mistake to set the defence line high, as our defenders not very quick.

The reason N'gog has had more success in the early part of the season is down to a few things.

1.  The opposition defenses he's gone up against are not nearly as physical as most,  which suits his style a bit better.

2. He's physically stronger than last season which has allowed him to hold the ball better (still needs to improve in that dept.)

3.  The manager has given him a confidence boost and it seems to be working.

He's not the finished product and he will have to prove he can do the job over a season despite being in good form lately.
crim cram
LFC Super Member

Postby Fauxy » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:11 pm

Babel is probably going to be striker tonight. He's fast and has a vicious shot on him occasionaly, but he has the tendancy to just stick his head down a lot and run down blind alleys.

N'gog is sort of a target striker, he doesnt have a very good first touch which is his main downfall as a player I reckon, if he sorted that out he would be way better. But he doesnt really have an attribute that sticks out.

Torres probably wont play, not fit.
Fauxy

Postby Fauxy » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:13 pm

Ey I hope Petsi isnt the Trabzonspor manager getting all tactical information out of us! :D

Erm so yeah... the main player you should watch out for is erm.. Lucas. Next Kaka i tell ya :;):
Fauxy

Postby dundreamin » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:29 pm

4-0 tonight lads.Jovanovic 2,Babel and Cole
dundreamin
LFC Super Member

Location: skelmersdale. Land of the roundabouts and utter boredom

Postby crim cram » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:54 pm

Fauxy wrote:Ey I hope Petsi isnt the Trabzonspor manager getting all tactical information out of us! :D

Erm so yeah... the main player you should watch out for is erm.. Lucas. Next Kaka i tell ya :;):

Supporter's Forums have saved clubs millions in elaborate scouting networks :D
crim cram
LFC Super Member

Postby PabloMedina28 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:57 pm

Jones

Kelly        Ayala          Wilson          Aurelio

Pacheco        Poulsen        Lucas       Cole

Aquilani

Ngog

Gerrard
Carragher